Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Air filter question for supercharger inlet

Hey guys I have a 95 firebird with built 383 p1sc pro charger 15 pounds of boost all the bells a whistles .... For years I have been having problems with air intake to find a air filter solution ...we'll the lack of space for a proper filter ( extremely tight because blower sits on the lower side of engine plus I run larger headers which compounds problem .... ... I don't like the orange hose they provided ... Currently I run a small round type of filter but what I find is the air temps are extreme high when at idle or low speed ( usually I see 20 degrees above ambient )
      My question is can I just cut apart take element out and run it over intake side with a clamp with out having problems with air flow ( yes I understand I would need to clean it more but this car is not a daily driver ....)

Country Flag: United States
      I don't understand what you are saying. How about some photos of what you have and want to do.
      Conrad
      Original owner '84 Grand National. CAS V1 (big) front-mount intercooler, Comp roller hyd cam, Champion Al intake/heads, T66 turbo, 3.5" custom cat-back exhaust, RideTech TruTurn front & DSE rear swaybars/ctrl arms, Ridetech 3-way coilovers, Baer 6P 14/13. FAST w/TouchScreen & GM Flex Fuel sensor, 120 lb injectors, Ricks SS tank, Aeromotive Eliminator pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com