Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

AutoRad Core Support

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to order an AutoRad radiator and core support for my 67 RS Camaro and was wondering if any of you guys have installed one on a RS car? I was wondering how the RS headlights fit using that core support. Jim at AutoRad said that he has designed the core support so that the radiator is moved forward some. He said he hasn't heard of anyone having any issues with things not fitting or aligning up properly.

Thanks,

I have an autorad core support in my 73 camaro. While it isn't a first gen I can tell you that Jim is a stand up guy (getting harder and harder to find) and will back up everything he sells. The work is more like art. Hope that helps

73 Camaro
      Gene

Country Flag: United States
      I think I can answer your question. I have a Auotrad core support for a 69 and have mocked it up, no problems even though I haven't installed the RS headlights yet. The radiator is moved forward by taking the curve that is in the original core support and making it straight there by moving the radiator forward about
      1 1/2in. The front fenders still bolt in the same location, so there should be no issues, and by the way this is a well made system. Hope that helps.

Dale

Thanks guys. I just got off the phone with Jim to order my AutoRad core support and radiator.

Considering an Autorad too. How do you like it? What engine are you running? HP? Thanks, Lee

Though it's not a Camaro, I put an Autorad in my C10. As stated above, it's more like art than car parts. Everything fits and looks impressive, money well spent.

Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

I just ordered a AutoRad core support for my 68 Camaro. Karen & Jim are really nice and very patiently while trying to answer all my questions during multiple calls. Every piece I've seen in pics are pretty awesome so I'm really looking forward to getting mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire100 View Post
      I think I can answer your question. I have a Auotrad core support for a 69 and have mocked it up, no problems even though I haven't installed the RS headlights yet. The radiator is moved forward by taking the curve that is in the original core support and making it straight there by moving the radiator forward about
      1 1/2in. The front fenders still bolt in the same location, so there should be no issues, and by the way this is a well made system. Hope that helps.

Dale
      By taking the curve out of the core support, how does the effect the hood latch?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com