Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

06 la2 gto engine and t56 transmission or ???????????

Really im at that point i need to buy another step in my project. I really wanted a ls3/t56 magnum combo. That combo is a good $11k plus combo. Problem is I need to cut some cost so i can drive my car soon so i have to sacrifice......... I THINK Now i can pick up a 06 gto ls2 and t56 dropout for 5-6k. That should include everything. I know there are going to be a few things that i still need but as you can see i would atleast save 5k. Thats enough savings to where i can then drive the car very very soon.

Is there any real issues going with a gto dropout? Would i experience the same fitment issues like the tunnel being raised etc? Im really leaning this way so i can drive my car and make all the mods i would need to where when im ready in the future i could always upgrade if i wanted too. The transmission tunnel would already be modified, drive by wire peddle assembly already setup, proven front drive accessories that would switch over, fuel system would already be ready, exhaust, and soo on.

Can someone fix the topic please??

Looking to go down that same road as well, just bought a 2004 ls1. Hope to start test fitting in the next couple of months?

Good luck..

Save the 5,000 and go with the dropout, but you can find them cheaper than that. The lS2 base is a great way to start. When you get to that point down the road you can swap to LS3 style heads and make some great power. With the appropriate cam, heads, intake and valvetrain you can make much more power with that 6.0 that the LS3 did stock. Take the harness look it over as soon as you get it, if it checks out ok send it to John at Speartech and have him rework it for you. Get the pedal from him and have him program the ECM for you while he is at it. The trans tunnel dosnt usually need to be modified but I dont know what car you are trying to put this in. Dont jump on the first package you see, look around there are people selling these pullouts all the time.

The car that its going in

My floors are new and on my buddies 69 we had to raise the tunnel. I think ill do it just to be safe and not have to worry about it in the future. Im pulling the trigger the end of next month. This car will be ready for any and all events for next year

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com