Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
      On another note......I went to a little car show on Sunday and the original owner of the car who restored it was there and read me the "Riot" act for ruining his car...........It was an Interesting conversation to say the least........LOL
      haha.. should have told him that he shouldn't have sold the car if he cared that much about it.
      Scott
      '66 Chevelle

Too bad you didn't take him for a ride. It usually makes them a believer.

The car looks great! Have fun on PT.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

A Neat thing happened on the Power Tour.......Some of the Chevrolet guys came over to the car and asked to do a feature on it...........Said sure!!.......Here's a link!!!

https://theblock.com/news/ken-tibor-...ur-feature-car

Very Cool Ken.
      You never know what will happen on the Power Tour
      "Smoke'm if you got'm"

Bad boy!!!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Impressive!
      Jim
      1986 Monte Carlo SS

So......After driving this Beater all summer......Here are a few observations.......Starting with a #'s matching restored car was one of those should I or shouldn't I deals.........In retrospect, I wouldn't change a thing........The time and aggravation of doing the Body/Paint/Interior thingy was well worth the little extra cost at the start of the project........It might have been a little different story if there was shoddy workmanship involved, but...........that wasn't the case here.....Driving the car has been a blast.......basically it didn't miss a beat all summer (5500 miles).....as far as I'm concerned, It's the perfect blend of "Old" with the drive ability of all the "New" stuff (that's also what the GM guy's on the Power Tour thought and why they did the Feature on the car........ https://theblock.com/news/ken-tibor-...ur-feature-car The car never gets hot.....even with the A/C blowing ice cubes......Did I mention Torque.......LOL.....Now I know why Charley is always smiling while driving his Camaro..........

http://vid13.photobucket.com/albums/...OV_3844MOV.mp4

After the Power Tour was over........one of the regulars we travel with for the week is Steve Kranick who just started a Hydrographics business [email protected] ...........Between Steve and my son Chris they worked behind the scenes and did a new engine cover to surprise me with as they hated that red cover
      .........The finishing touch.......

Before

After

The ride, comfort, handling, and power in this beater is awsum......Looking forward to the Muscle Car Adventure Event in a couple of weeks with Stefano............

5500 miles! What a tribute to the quality of the build, sir. Agree with the guys on the before version of the cover, now it is up to snuff.

Thanks for the review. Great build!
      1960 Biscayne
      Steve

Ken - that engine cover looks great!

Glad the car has been treating you well.

I've had to replace an oil pan gasket, and I need to tear the engine bay apart to get to a leaking timing cover gasket...
      2005 LeMans Blue Corvette w/ T56 & Z51 & C6Z06 Brakes, Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?64496
      2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD LLY / Allison
      2014 Chevy SS LS3 / 4 Door

The Season is just about over here in Wisconsin........Overview of the year since the completion in May......7276 miles of trouble free driving this year......There is still a few "Tweaks" needed to make the car up to the standards ..........The first issue I will be dealing with is the Oil pan / Drivetrain angle issues.........again......on the initial install the Holley 302-2 pan was not available so I used the -1 pan........I had to raise the front of the engine to clear the tie rod ends, which gave me a little more angle than I wanted.......to get the angle more in line I have the rear of the trans shimmed up as high as it would go to help out with the angle issue......In doing this the trans is hitting inside the trans tunnel and giving a slight vibration ........So....even though mechanically the angle is now dialed in.....I am going to change the -1 pan out for the -2 pan so I can lower the engine slightly to alleviate that issue.......

The second issue is the reproduction dash Pad in the car........Repro Dash pads are Junk in my opinion and don't fit worth a crap......I've been looking for a OEM one for months to send to Just Dashes for restoring........I finally found one and sent it off to them for restoring.......they have a twelve week lead time so that makes the timing about perfect.......I also bought a DSE wiper motor assy so when I take the dash out for the pad install I can change around the wiper switch and wiring.........

All in all it's been a real treat to drive this car around the Country this season......The Torque and Power these engines make is just Crazy...........along with the average for the season of 20 MPG are just outstanding .............

Stay tuned........

That surprise engine cover really ties everything together well. Nice!
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

Nice Sunny cool sunny day today and I got the Bug to get the Beater out and go to the Drag Strip...... Paid....went thru Tech....and pulled up to the line (Lot's of Prep)......LOL........When I got the Helmet out of the trunk I realized I still had all the normal travelling "Stuff" in the trunk.......Tool box, chairs, hydraulic Jack etc........LOL.......Made two passes......1st one just blew the tires off the car and had it sideways about a third of the way down the track..........2nd pass I drove it out and gradually got in it........2.3 60 ' time and went 12.21 @118..........Not bad for a Highway car........Easy 11's with Drag Radials.......But.......once is enough.........LOL

Just skimmed through the whole thread again, and all I can say is "Nice, very nicely done!" Thanks for sharing.

Ric

2002 s10, DD and AutoX.
      1966 Malibu owned since 1971. Drag car converting to track toy!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com