Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Ok thanks

Country Flag: United States
      Some good points and a few slightly off the mark points.

First: Vintage Air's standard compressor is a Sanden 508. It is accurate that the Sanden SD7 is a smaller compressor, both dimensionally and output wise.

Second: If you are running electric fans you should be using a trinary switch, not the standard binary switch. This turns the fans on if the A/C system is turned on. CFster is right on the mark: Hi side pressures jump very quickly if your electric fans aren't running.

Third: As was mentioned weatherstripping, firewall insulation, holes in the firewall all play a big part when it comes to cooling no matter whose system you install.

Ok thanks for the advise

So far I'm leaning on CAA, for my 64 F85 build. I talked with them a few times very good response. They are little higher in cost but I think a part of that is the "KIT" comes with a heater delete cover, which I need since I kept the original firewall. Being a novice with an AC system install they seem eager to help you-that pays dividends.
      64 F-85 post car Resto-Mod project-my RV when I retire

It would seem that the general consensus is that the Classic Air is a better cooling system.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

ordered CAA with serpentine setup

Old thread, but I'll throw my 2 cents in. I used the Vintage Air Gen IV system I believe, in a 71 Chevelle I did last year. It was okay, but not enough to sway me from trying CAA for my next build. 1st thing I didn't like was blocking the outside air, so it was recirc all the time. Next thing was the A/C cooling was just okay, it wasn't "cold". Part of this probably ties into me noticing the heater control valve wouldn't shut fully. I noticed even when the system was on "vent", and on cool that the air was pretty warm. This could probably have quite an effect on air that was supposed to be under 40 degrees, and easily kick it above 50.

The system overall fit well, but didn't get me super excited. On my next build I'll try CAA.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Guys I decided to go with Old Air Products in Fort Worth Tx. Since there is no direct fit system I am installing there system.

Quote Originally Posted by therobski View Post
      Guys I decided to go with Old Air Products in Fort Worth Tx. Since there is no direct fit system I am installing there system.
      Same company as Classic auto Air. Just got my stuff yesterday. Looks good so far. Dealt with Steve, very knowlegable and got me what I needed.

TBART70 Old Air Products is not affiliated CAA tow separate deals.

Quote Originally Posted by therobski View Post
      TBART70 Old Air Products is not affiliated CAA tow separate deals.
      Sorry, it seems like CCA has a deal with restomod air.

I got my Hurricane 2000 system and as I understand the evaporator needs to be as level-square as possible to drain properly and with a factory firewall not flat I am having fab brackets. This is somewhat challenging to me because I am in a learning curve with this whole install.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com