Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

pro touring 55 Chevy 210 Delray

I'm looking for some suspension advice. I have a 55 chevy. I'm looking for that pro touring stance and handling. I'd like to hear what other people are using and how you guys like it. I was looking at CPP pro touring kits but I have not heard and reviews on them. I want the look of the Art Morrison frames and suspension without paying the $20k price that goes along with it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Country Flag: United States
      Where are you located?

What is your fabrication skill level? Are you looking for bolt-ons or are you able to fabricate something?

Subbed, good look getting a decent answer. Several of us have ask without much luck. This was the responses I got when I ask but did not get much help. https://www.pro-touring.com/cars-gen...ion-93540.html
      This is Larry Callahan adding to Rocky's profile.

I'm sorry to say that we have lost Rocky.

RIP....

The problem with the stock chassis is... Well, everything. You can brace the stock frame substantially and add a lot of weight, and weld on a front clip & solve something for the rear suspension.. If you're doing the work yourself you'll be under the 20k mark and have a decent machine.. If you use an aftermarket chassis like ours, you'll have less weight, better handling, and something that was designed as a package.

As it is with any project: depends on what your budget is, and/or your capabilities!

Pm me if you have any questions regarding our products.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Stock frame, SPC tall BJ arms, sway bar, drop springs, drop spindles, Hotchkis shocks. The stance is there, but its more of a cruiser than a corner carver. It drives really nice, and handles respectably, but not anywhere near a Schwartz car
      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread

Nice ride!! Love the stance.
      SchwartzPerformance

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

if you want to do a budget setup, do yourself a favor and call Marcus at SC&C, he is very knowledgable with what works and what doesn't, and will not try and push you on parts that you do not need to meet your goals. Have some time allotted when you call though as it is nothing to spend an hour or more on the phone with him.

He is also a sponsor over on the rh side of the page --------->
      72 Nova SS, on the back burner for now.

current cruiser: "The green machine"

'70 Impala 4drht, 26K original miles, 2" drop springs and large swaybars, drives pretty good for a land yahct in the middle of an ls1 swap, but thinking about changing directions to a duramax diesel swap.

Just has I thought very little help on this subject!!!!!

I'm going to call Marcus I ask him to join this topic but he has not. I'm no longer about to buy a tri five I bought my childhood fancy this past weekend I went mad (NOMAD). I am also going to contact Bret because the ridetech kit is in my buddget and is on the top of the list for now.
      This is Larry Callahan adding to Rocky's profile.

I'm sorry to say that we have lost Rocky.

RIP....

Quote Originally Posted by vette427-sbc View Post
      Stock frame, SPC tall BJ arms, sway bar, drop springs, drop spindles, Hotchkis shocks. The stance is there, but its more of a cruiser than a corner carver. It drives really nice, and handles respectably, but not anywhere near a Schwartz car
      That is absolutely awesome. The 55' is such a mean looking car with the right stance and paint.
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

There are a few options but not quite as much as a 1st gen Camaro ;)
      SchwartzPerformance

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com