Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      here is an update. If anyone is still updating the wheel database.

1965 ford falcon. 16x7.5 with 4" backspace on all four corners. this is with a 245/50/16 tire. i think a 4.0625 or 4.125 BS in the back would fit a little better. but it just clears everything right now.

suspension: the back is stock leaf springs lowered 2" and the front is my own design double a-arm with coilovers. but no body-mods and this setup allows for a little more BS and width on the front because of the increase in upper ball joint clearance.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Im trying to figure out whats the biggest wheel and tire combo I can run on the rear of a 67 Lemans stock suspension for now. Also the back spacing and sizes for front and rear. Thanks for any and all info.

Just saying helleo to all been on here a lot and never made a post

1972 Camaro

Front:
      Boyd Coddington Rebels 17x8
      6.0bs for the corvette Z51 Brakes and spacer
      245/45/17
      has Global West upper and lover control arms and Hotckis Swaybar.

Rear:
      Boyd Coddington Rebels 17x11
      5.5bs on a centered Moser 12 bolt(so no difference from side to side)
      315/35/17
      has Hotchkis Leafs, Herb Adams Mod and Hotchkis Sway Bar with the wheel well lip and seat belt hump messaged for clearance

No Rubbing issues at full lock, I could have actually gone with a 275/40/17 up front on a 17x9 Im pretty sure..

Wheel and tub HELP !!!

I'm in the begining stage of my project. I have a 69 Camaro and want to know if anyone has run a 20 in the rear and if so what sizes work with the mini tub and or if I have to go with a full tub ? I want to run a wheel with a decent lip on the wheel in the rear and want to know what the process is for figuring out all the info and where to start . Thanks guys, I'm extremely new to this so much help would be greatly appreciated !!

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2exeler8 View Post
      I'm in the begining stage of my project. I have a 69 Camaro and want to know if anyone has run a 20 in the rear and if so what sizes work with the mini tub and or if I have to go with a full tub ? I want to run a wheel with a decent lip on the wheel in the rear and want to know what the process is for figuring out all the info and where to start . Thanks guys, I'm extremely new to this so much help would be greatly appreciated !!
      I'm running a 20x10 in the rear of my car with a very very small minitub.

74 Camaro Z28
      American Racing Torque Lite
      Front: 18x7 0mm. offset, 4.0 backspacing. 225-45x18
      Rear: 18x8 0mm. offset, 4.5 backspacing. 245-45x18

very helpful thanks for the post

Rushforth Livewire F235/40/18x8 R275/30/20x8.5

Name:  my67-01.jpg
Views: 4772
Size:  359.5 KB

Wheel and Tire fitment solution

If you want the biggest, baddest tire and wheel combination possible, you need to get a Tire MountMate tool from WheelWorks, Inc. The tool allows you to determine the correct offset needed to make the tires fit without rubbing. And you don't even need a wheel to fit the tire. Check out www.wheelworksinc.com and click on Products.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
      If you want the biggest, baddest tire and wheel combination possible, you need to get a Tire MountMate tool from WheelWorks, Inc. The tool allows you to determine the correct offset needed to make the tires fit without rubbing. And you don't even need a wheel to fit the tire. Check out www.wheelworksinc.com and click on Products.
      I would have to agree -- this is definitely the best tool I have in my arsenal of tools.

You only get one shot when your doing custom wheels and this will make your life so much easier.

You actually get to see what the tire looks like on the car. Turn the front wheel and check for clearance issues and run the suspension up and down.

Trust me you need one of these when you doing custom wheels.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Does anyone rent the Tire MountMate tool from WheelWorks, Inc?
      Gary Rys
      69 Camaro

pm sent
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

1977 Camaro
      Global West/Hotchkiss Springs & bars/Bilstein Shocks/DSE 3' drop leaf spring
      Wilwood/6 piston front/4 piston rear/12.1" rotors
      Billet Specialties 17x8 Street Lites w/ Nitto 255/45/17 tires/4 ¾” backspacing
      Billet Specialties 17x11 Street Lites w/ Nitto 285/40/17 /5 ¾” backspacing
      No Tub

www.jerryforthofer.wordpress.com

Just saw this thread and the database for the first time.

Great stuff. If only there was more updates and different sizes in the database

This database is a good start. It would be nice to put pics with each input. What someone says fits may be a function of perception? Plus, there has to be more "A" bodies on here right.... and where are all the Buicks at? Take the time boys, fill in the blanks.
      iacovoni

I've got a 69 Camaro without tubs and mostly stock front end. I'm running fronts.... 245-40-18x8 15mm offset and the Rears are 275-35-19x9.5 w/ 15mm offset. There's no rubbing, but it's a close fit. Photo to come.

what about 58-64 Impalas?????? I wanna run 18/20 setup and im ready to buy but need help. I'm going to buy the wheel fitment tool to ease with finding the perfect fit.

Update on my 64 impala wheels. I bought 18x8 and 20x9 mb old school wheels. 4.5 backspacing on all wheels fits great. 275/35/20 rear. Waiting to see what tires will work for the front. It seems 245/40/18 will work.

here are new pics with my 275/35/zr20's yokohama advan sport b1's. I will post pics next week when i get my front tires mounted.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com