Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Is there a way to get an estimate value on a engine setup?

I was wondering if there was a method, a group that could give a value on a bigblock Drag/Prostreet type engine build. What would this sell for if it went on the market?

BDS Stage II polished 871 blower with anodized rotors and case for gall resistance, newly rebuilt 69 L78 396 bored 30 over, forged steel crank, 7/16 connecting rods, blower matched Crane Cam with 620 lift, o-ringed triple sprung square port open chambered GM Performance LS6 replacement heads, Crane Cam aluminum roller rockers, chrome moly push rods, dual 825 CFM Demon carbs converted to run on E85 for additional performance octane and cooling (easily converted back to gas if desired), Hooker ceramic headers, MSD ignition with boost control, TSI turbo 400 with manual valve body reverse shift pattern and trans brake, 4200 stall, Hurst shifter, Spicer shaft.

Estimated at 700-800hp.

Thanks
      Tory

Country Flag: United States
      Lots of engines listed on RacingJunk- that might give a good clue. I don't think it'll bring more than around 10K. I know that might be hard to hear, but it's a 396 with carbs. Same engine, as a 502 with EFI- would bring top dollar. You need to find someone who wants it, and that will be the hard part.

Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com