Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Hybrid View

Country Flag: United States

Question About "Bench" Bleeding Master Cylinder

I'm getting to a point where I'm starting to think about putting fluids in the car. Had a question about bench bleeding the Master Cylinder. This is a Wilwood, non-power, 7/8" bore (I believe) in a 67 Camaro.

Can I "bench" bleed it installed in the car? Without any of the lines to the wheels hooked up, of course. I have the little kit that came from Wilwood to get it done. Seems to me to be far preferable to do it on the car than doing it on a bench and then having to carry around a M/C full of brake fluid and jockeying it in to position, etc.

On which part of the concept might I be unclear?

On a related question, there are small "buttons" that came with the M/C that are supposed to snap in on the floor of the reservoirs, ostensibly to dissipate the fluid that flows back in to the reservoir when you release the pedal to the sides, rather than letting it "geyser" up to the surface. These buttons in no way, shape, or form, will stay "snapped" in place--they pop off seconds after popping them on. Any suggestions as to whether they should just be sh!tcanned or whether an effort should be made to tweak the buttons to stay snapped in place? Thanks.
      Steve

We use this method... give it a shot, I'm happy to answer questions.

Kevin Oeste
      V8 Speed and Resto Shop
      V8TV
      Muscle Car Of The Week
      V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
      https://www.v8speedshop.com

I have no idea what Kevin posted, I can't view it on the Kindle. I bench bled my master with the tubes running back into the reservoir until I saw no bubbles. Installed it and it didn't feel right. Saw another thread about bench bleeding without the tubes. Just push the piston in and out about a 1/2 inch rapidly. Before I knew it, I couldn't move it but a 1/8 inch. Re-installed and "WOW". I definitely had air in the M/C the first time I bench bled it.
      Robert
      My sloooow build thread...https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...hlight=Orngasm

"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

If I can only convince myself of this!

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!
      Steve

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com