Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Team OLC and the One Lap of America 2012 combined thread

EDIT: I will combine new posts from James and Carl into this thread as they come in. David Pozzi - Moderator

The One Lap of America is fast approaching for James and I. The OLC has safely arrived at FM3, and with the Hand of David performing all of the tuning and preparation, we are as confident as we can be. The OLoA is a very challenging test of man and machine, but it's hard to beat Mother Nature.

In that light, everything breaks. We try and try and try, but it's pretty hard to beat physics. Last year it was a simple piece of synthetic rubber that failed, and that eventually lead to a differential bearing destroying itself. James and Mary performed a 72-hour tow-fix-drive marathon to get back into the game, but without the help of Prodigy Customs, Team OLC might not have been able to continue. It was due to someone willing to open their doors to a fellow gearhead at odd hours that made all of the difference.

This year our driving route takes us right through the middle of the USA. http://www.onelapofamerica.com/Home.do

We are hoping for the best, but trying to plan for all circumstances. If we run into trouble we might need some help. A garage, lift, welder, helping hand, etc., just a little something to help us get back on the road. So, if you don't mind helping out a pair of fellow PT.com in need, please chime in, but please send your contact information to me in a PM.

Thanks everyone for your support. James and I appreciate it!

Team OLC.
      Last edited by David Pozzi; 05-08-2012 at 04:44 PM.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Country Flag: Canada

The 2012 Tire Rack One Lap of America

On Saturday May 5th the 2012 Tire Rack One Lap of America kicks off in South Bend, Indiana and over the course of the following eight days this automotive marathon will cover approximately 3,500 miles and include 21 competition stops at race tracks across the country. James Shipka and co-driver Carl Casanova will be joining nearly 90 other teams from around the world in what will be the OneLapCamaro's third time participating in this one-of-a-kind event. Once again the OLC will be the oldest entry in the race and this year we're heading out as the two time defending Vintage America Class Champions so the pressure is on.

As we have in years past, we will be blogging throughout the race – your best bet for live updates will be at our website – www.OneLapCamaro.com or www.OneLapCamaro.com/live.html. We'll have the live map up and running tomorrow and will have a constant RSS feed throughout the week. You can also get your fill on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/TheOneLapCamaro. Communication through the week will probably be spotty from time to time but we'll do our best to keep everybody on top of our progress.

This year we will be running the One Lap of America in support of a local charity – the EvenStart Foundation for Children of Calgary. The EvenStart Foundation's mandate is "to give at-risk children who are economically disadvantaged, the educational, therapeutic, nutritional, and nurturing supports necessary to gain an 'even start' in their lives." I had the privilege of seeing their work first hand earlier this week and couldn't help but be touched by effort that the volunteers to help give these children the opportunity to grow up in a "normal" environment that we so often take for granted. I encourage you to take a look at work they do and the goals that they have set to help out the community; their website is http://www.evenstartfoundation.org/.

And as always we have to thank our sponsors and supporters - without whom we wouldn't be able to do this - ridetech, optima batteries, HRE Wheels, SpeedTech, Touchstone Exploration, FM3 Performance Marketing, Baer Brakes, Currie Enterprises, Centerforce Clutches, Rick's Stainless, vaporworx, Marquez Design, Heighton Restoration, Camaro Performers, Vintage Air and Pozzi Racing. Thank you all for your continuing support!

For more information on the Tire Rack One Lap of America you can visit www.OneLapofAmerica.com or you can check out a couple of the articles that came out after last year's event. I penned this one for Motor Trend - http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...a/viewall.html - and my co-driver last year, Mary Pozzi did this one for Camaro Performers Magazine - http://www.camaroperformers.com/even...ica/index.html.

Cheers all and we'll see you in when the dust clears!

James Shipka
      Carl Casanova
      Team OLC 2012

James
      1967 Camaro RS - The OLC
      1984 Camaro GT1
      1989 Camaro 1LE - The BOC

One Lap Camaro picture thread

Carl Casanova has been texting me pictures from the 2012 One Lap of America event. As I get time I will be posting them here.

Good luck James and Carl!
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Just your average Motley Crew on the the highway. The OLC, a Ferrari 430, and a 700+hp GTR. It's pretty funny that OLC is the quietest of the bunch.

Mike and Damon's 2nd-gen. This is their 25th time running the OLoA.

Matt Farah and Mike Musto stickering-up their BMW supplied X5M.

Godzilla has arrived

Marking tires

Waiting in line for tech
      Larry Callahan

Larry Callahan

The OLC in 2012 livery

Larry Callahan

Sweet! I'll try and get some good shots tomorrow also.

Cool pictures, thanks for sharing! The OLoA is on my bucket list!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

I am digging that old Plymouth! Something tells me there is a lot of cool stuff under that thing that would leave you wondering what just happened as he blows by you!
      I am not useless, I can still be used as a bad example!

-Bob

I can offer help between Quad Cities and Des Moines! PM sent.

North Carolina is no where close to your route but I wish you Good Luck on the trip!

I did get some feedback on the other thread I linked you to Carl, good chance of some relief in Stillwater MN(East of Minneapolis crossing into WI) with lift, welder etc... should you need it, which I hope you don't.
      You have my info and well wishes.
      Good Luck

James,
      My shop is about 20 minutes from Tire Rack and South Bend Motor Speedway.
      Not much help once you leave the South Bend area but if you guys find yourselves needing a shop early tomorrow, you're more than welcome to use mine.
      I'm planning on heading over in the morning to checkout all the cars and say hi. I'll track you down and give you my cell number. Jimi, Bill, and many of the other guys have it too if we happen to miss each other.
      Good Luck. Keep that thing together for the Motor State Challenge....Ha! Ha!
      Scott Wahlstrom
      Marketing Manager
      Motor State Distributing
      Lane Automotive
      Allstar Performance

More help available in the Minneapolis area here. Hoist, welder, etc.

Contact info sent.
      Nathan Shaw
      71 Nova, 1000+whp 5.3, 8 second autoXer.

Country Flag: Canada

2012 Tire Rack One Lap of America - Registration

Friday May 4th - Registration

The 2012 Tire Rack One Lap of America saw it's first day start out soggy but quickly warmed up as registration, tech, and driver's meetings spanned what turned out to be a beautiful day in South Bend.

The day started out with heavy rain and grey skies but quickly cleared up.

Most of the day was spent getting the OneLapCamaro in to it's 2012 livery for the week and getting through tech inspection and driver orientation.

The Vintage American class has a few entries in it at this point. Michael Hickman and Damon Josz are looking like our stiffest competition but that's to be expected... this is their 25th running of the One Lap of America - all in the same car...

Once everything was said and done we made a mad dash to Wallmart to stock op on water, gatoraid and some miscellaneous tool, parts, and pieces that we figured we were better safe than sorry to have on hand.

Thanks again to all of our sponsors for the year - ridetech, optima batteries, vaporworx, HRE Wheels, Baer Brakes, Vintage Air, Heighton Restorations, Currie Enterprises and Centerforce Clutches. Also thanks to everybody who is supporting the EvenStart Foundation for Children of Calgary.

We truly appreciate all of the help and support and look forward to hitting the highway tomorrow for the first day of the 2012 Tire Rack One Lap of America!

James

James
      1967 Camaro RS - The OLC
      1984 Camaro GT1
      1989 Camaro 1LE - The BOC

Man ... I so wish that Carl was here and I was there. NBL, Carl ... ;-)

Mary P.
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

On another note, checked weather and you guys are looking good for almost all of the week. Only icky day is Sunday ...

Mary
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

The trailer, thanks to the good folks at Autozone, is now properly attired with some sweet chrome emblems.

Notice anything new?

Tire Rack HQ lobby.

Larry Callahan

Anything new? Raccoon radar up front?

Ultrasonic Racoon avoidance?
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com