Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by SRDzuess4u View Post
      It was good to speak and hear about your build as well. Its different to read and look, the it is to hear it from the owner's themselves. Call me when you get to the cutting part, I want to compare some measurments. The 67"s are a tad different then 69 and 68, it will take a bit more work.

Please keep me posted in the progress.

Thanks again Bob
      I most definetly will.
      BB

Runnig 19s will be fine, and again not sure Id go with a 10" wheel, I think 9.5 give you a little more room if you plan on transfering body weight left and right....lol.

You may want to pick up a tire from a used tire place, mock it up and see how much clearance you will have. Its cheap and you can maybe pick up the ones you want to run when you buy new.

Keep in mind when reading members posts and the wheel chart, that some cars have slightly different clearances, due to quater panel replacements, inperfections and the like.

But yes will work with the vert.

Thanks Bob

I can see by the pics, this does not effect the gas tank??? Just making sure!

gas tank size????

Quote Originally Posted by ajs1luv View Post
      I can see by the pics, this does not effect the gas tank??? Just making sure!
      gas tank size???

gas tank size???
      OEM tank or narrower will be fine.

I dont think anyone runs a tank that would interfear with this config....

Thanks Bob 623-326-8478

Bob,
      Finally got around to the install on the shock mounts. You know i was really wanting the stock look under this car
      and because i had already coated the floor i decided to try this install just a tad different. I ended up only using
      the cups instead of the full bracket. I used the bracket as a template for hole placement and was happy to find
      that part of the floor on my convertible had what seemed like double plate (twice as thick as floor) in that area.
      I did fabricate what i call a backup flange that was placed inside the cut out area with welded studs coming down
      for the cup to bolt to instead of just a "floating bracket" that would be hard to get lined up if it was threaded for a bolt.
      Only problem i found was using Bilstein shocks the top of the shock stud must be taller than conventional shocks
      because i had to hole saw a hole in the upper portion for the shock stud to go through. I thought it could be because i
      didnt use the bracket but even the bracket thickness wouldn't have eliminated the protrusion of the stud. This setup
      did exactly what i wanted to do. I really like the bracket setup and if i hadn't have already coated my floor i would
      have definetly used the whole setup. Thanks again and look forward to more things coming out of your shop.
      BB

Name:  2012-04-14_11-09-21_201.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  121.3 KBName:  2012-04-14_11-10-19_417.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  126.4 KBName:  2012-04-14_14-45-10_180.jpg
Views: 1434
Size:  120.1 KBName:  2012-04-14_14-45-25_976.jpg
Size:  205.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bowtie View Post
      Bob,
      Finally got around to the install on the shock mounts. You know i was really wanting the stock look under this car
      and because i had already coated the floor i decided to try this install just a tad different. I ended up only using
      the cups instead of the full bracket. I used the bracket as a template for hole placement and was happy to find
      that part of the floor on my convertible had what seemed like double plate (twice as thick as floor) in that area.
      I did fabricate what i call a backup flange that was placed inside the cut out area with welded studs coming down
      for the cup to bolt to instead of just a "floating bracket" that would be hard to get lined up if it was threaded for a bolt.
      Only problem i found was using Bilstein shocks the top of the shock stud must be taller than conventional shocks
      because i had to hole saw a hole in the upper portion for the shock stud to go through. I thought it could be because i
      didnt use the bracket but even the bracket thickness wouldn't have eliminated the protrusion of the stud. This setup
      did exactly what i wanted to do. I really like the bracket setup and if i hadn't have already coated my floor i would
      have definetly used the whole setup. Thanks again and look forward to more things coming out of your shop.
      BB

Name:  2012-04-14_11-09-21_201.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  121.3 KBName:  2012-04-14_11-10-19_417.jpg
Size:  126.4 KBName:  2012-04-14_14-45-10_180.jpg
Views: 1434
Size:  120.1 KBName:  2012-04-14_14-45-25_976.jpg
Size:  205.0 KB

BB,

Everything looks nice and clean, those came out nice. Its good to hear the cups helped you accomplish your objectives, I can understand and respect you not wanting to put the cross bar in. Nothing wrong with that, unless you plan on really beating on the car hard, which Im assuming your not. From what I can tell, the way you have them installed, may be a tad stronger then they came from the factory. Unless you have 400 plus at the wheels, I would say your going to be fine. By the way your shop looks very familiar....I dont know why...lol

thanks Bob

Country Flag: United States
      I just bought one of these bars for a 67 convertible. Does anyone know if the stock height shocks work with this? or will I need shorter shocks?

What's the price on this kit??

Quote Originally Posted by esenior View Post
      I just bought one of these bars for a 67 convertible. Does anyone know if the stock height shocks work with this? or will I need shorter shocks?
      Sorry for the delay,

to your question, yes stock sized shocks will work, if your lower the rear you may consider shorter ones.

Bob 623-326-8478

What's the price on this kit??
      The kits are 149.00 plus tax and shipping.

Thanks Bob 623-326-8478

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com