Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by 67greengt View Post
      I'm curious as to the power steering fixes on these motors... I have noticed that the ford version replaces the a/c (which doesn't work well for most of us I would assume) I have also notice that the supercharged pulley setups run an idler/tensioner right where the Sean Hyland Power Steering setup goes.. I tried emailing Sean with regards to this, but haven't heard back. Rumour has it KRC is working on a supercharged and n/a version of a power steering kit, and also that Billet Specialties is working on a fix. I guess time will tell...

Keep up the Good work! Looks great!
      I didnt have much success via email either and I was trying to spend $10k... Give a call and you'll likely talk to Sean right away, that was my experience.

Wes

Country Flag: United States
      I have a client in calgary with a convertible. I always shake my head when I see that. Got the worst cold of my life up there in August! A/C definitely not needed!!

I hear ya, almost as usefull as a convertible in Phoenix in August.

Man, its almost June and its still only in the high 50's... Calgary's weather sux...

Sigh :-(. I'll be up the end of June.

Some days I think it may be worth it....

Wes

It is pretty up there. I have free access to a place in Banff anytime I want. Maybe I will stay a couple of extra days this time.

hahah, we have had nothing but straight rain in Vancouver I don't know how many days in a row now... I'm going to call Sean and KRC tomorrow and see if there's any updates on the p/s...

"
      1: SN95 spindles and struts.
      2: wilwood brakes
      3: Mustang 2 rack with 2" extensions
      4: 2011 Ford 5.0 4V
      5: T-56 26 spline, Spec clutch stage 3
      6: etc

Wes "

sounds cool - really interested to find out how your front suspension performs (and it should) just because 275s, sn-95 coilovers and power steering seems pretty awesome.
      Keep up the awesome fab work - and ill have to go through your blog when i have time for a good read
      Mike
      • Mike L.

Hey Wes............any progress? I will be up in Calgary July 11th-16th. Hope things are going well.

No, very little progress. Parts suppliers are driving me fusking nuts. At work I'm in charge of spending ~$75 million dollars a year and I interact directly with suppliers for likely 75% of that. I'm used to people responding to my needs in a timely fashion as a LOT of money can rely on their service. It seems in the automotive industry once they have your money, thats when the service falls apart.... But I digress

The Good: Speed Hut. Made my custom guages in 2 days and then shipped them to my place 3 days later. 3 days from the US?! Normally things take 2 weeks. Great quality and even better value, cant say enough good about them.

Wilwood was similarly good with great products and quick shipping/service.

The Bad: ISIS wiring harness. They've had my money for 3 weeks and my system is still "in production". Hope to ship this week. Wow, it looks to be their most popular system and they have no stock and/or production ability. I hope it lives up to the hype because its been pretty sad so far.

The Ugly: My fusking motor from Sean Hyland Motorsports. They've had my $10k+ for more than a month and I cant even get them to return my calls with where my motor is. The last 3 or 4 times I actually talked to them they said it had shipped and would arrive 2 weeks ago. It started off being delayed while they waited for the PS pump. Seriously, you hold up shipping a >$10k order for a $100 pump that can be shipped for $10. Are you kidding me? Someone has seriously lost the plot!

So I guess you could say I'm waiting on parts. The motor is the big one as I need it to mod the firewall and everything else hinges off of that. Also waiting on a large order from Mustangs Unlimited but I have great faith in them, they've never let me down.

Make sure to email me prior to coming up so we can arrange some beers/steak/Mustangs

Wesley J

That blows. Everyone wants the loot and are usually lacking on delivery. Mustangs Unlimited has always come through for me too. I will definitely hit you up before I arrive.

Nothing is more frustrating than waiting for people to get off their ass. I thought people were wanting to wok so bad. You would think the service would improve in tis economy but I have seen the opposite. My issue is finding a painter who will turn my car around in less than 6 months and will not charge me a an arm and a leg to do it.
      Morgan
      Fresno CA.
      65 Shelby 427 S/C
      67 Mustang Coupe
      Thread: Morgan's 67 Project Trans Am Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by csx4766 View Post
      Nothing is more frustrating than waiting for people to get off their ass. I thought people were wanting to wok so bad. You would think the service would improve in tis economy but I have seen the opposite. My issue is finding a painter who will turn my car around in less than 6 months and will not charge me a an arm and a leg to do it.
      I hear ya! WTF is up with that?!

Finally got some info on the motor. Its in transit and the transit company called me to arrange delivery between noon and 4 pm on friday afternoon. Looks like I'll be drinking beer on my deck at noon waiting for it to arrive!

Does anyone know of a good wiper controller? I was driven nuts on Power Tour last year when I needed intermitant wipers.... I'm looking for something I can mount on the bottom of my dash and kinda hide. A stealth knob is kinda what I'm thinking.

Cheers,

Wes

I think there is a general fit type conversion kit out there. Lemme see if I can find it.
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

A quick update. Motor arrived, got unpacked and shoe horned into what turns out to be a very small engine compartment....

A cool comparison between the old 5 litres and the new.... Also worth noting is that this motor is quite a bit bigger than the 4.6 4V

Boss intake on and T-56 attached

Shoe horn please!

The really crazy thing is how well the headers fit. The drivers side will require no modification and the passenger will only require small mods.

Drivers: the engine has to move about 1/2" to passenger side which will give about 3/4" of clearence to the frame:

Passenger side: I need to create about 3/4" of clearence on this side. It'll likely be a combination of header and frame mods.

So, this weekend will be recreating the firewall and building mounts and crossmembers. It looks as though I'll need to go to a remote mount filter as well as remove some of the engine case for steering clearence. I will likely have to recreate my steering crossmember as well.

Finally some f-ing headway!

Wes

Great progress, what is your inside of frame to inside of frame measurement? Curious as to how wide the thing is at the header. How much larger would you say it is compared to the 4.6 DOHC, I had read that it was supposed to be smaller but that appears to not be the case.
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      Great progress, what is your inside of frame to inside of frame measurement? Curious as to how wide the thing is at the header. How much larger would you say it is compared to the 4.6 DOHC, I had read that it was supposed to be smaller but that appears to not be the case.
      I'll measure

Motor looks great Wes! Rock on
      ~JB
      68 Mustang Build | 3rd Time's the Charm

Used to be known as BlackFlame

Guys, I need some quick advice as I'm planning to have this thing mounted this weekend!

I've gotten the motor in what is about the best balance of clearance and position. I've pushed the motor back as much as I can without massive mods that are outside of the scope of my build. So, the thing I want advice on is the tilt of the motor.

This is how it sits right now:

The frame tilts down towards the front at 1.0 degrees at ride height as seen here:

The engine tilts up towards the front at about 1.9 degrees as seen here:

Does anyone see this being an issue? Although this is about 3 degrees total angle, that really doesnt mean anything as its the angle from horizonal right?

I'd love to hear so real experience and or theory to back up your thoughts.

Cheers,

Wes

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com