Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I got the rest of the rest of the interior looking so nice that I had to do something about the door panels. These are the basic PUI unassembled panels because I'd like to design my own eventually. (I know the armrest doesn't line up and it bugs the hell out of me.)

I also finished the front part of the console which houses a double din radio and hides the wires running along the transmission tunnel. The radio is a Pioneer with Apple CarPlay and a very minimalist design. The slim design of the display matches the Speedhut gauges really well. I added LED footwell lights that are tied into the dome light circuit as well. I had used the same method to add lights to my Silverado and I think they make a huge difference in the perceived "quality" of a vehicle's interior. You may also noticed that I dealt with the poorly fitting carpet. I glued non-backed carpet to the sides of the tunnel and it tucks under the console/floor carpet. The formed carpet is trimmed along the base of the tunnel though it needs some sort of welting sewn to the edge.

1970 Chevelle: 6.0 L96, T56, Strange 9 Inch, Ridetech Coilovers, Wilwood brakes

1978 Firebird: 6.0 LQ4, T56

2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ

I moved all of my photos to imgbb.com so now I need to relink all the pictures. It's going to take me a while so if someone wants to see a specific post let me know and I'll go back fix it quick.

2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ

Alright, I finally got all of the pictures updated. I started active duty at the end of July so it'll be a little while before can get more work done on the Chevelle. The next project will likely be upgrading the front brakes with 4 or 6 piston Brembo takeoffs and larger wheels/tires. I'll try to be better about posting pictures when I start on that.

2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ

Dave, you going to be around for Goodguys?

David, Just want to thank you for taking the time to update all of the links. This is probably one of my favorite builds, and I use your build as inspiration for mine.

Incredible work! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kind words, y'all. I've learned so much from the forums so I'm happy I can give something back.

Quote Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
      Dave, you going to be around for Goodguys?
      I'm stationed in Ohio so unfortunately I won't be at the Lone Star Nationals. I'm going to try to make it to the Columbus Goodguys and LS Fest though.

2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ

Wow! amazing. Love to see these types of builds.
      -Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

Amazing build just read the whole 8 pages! Makes me see where I'm heading with my 67 chevelle. Thanks for the good read!

Wow, very nicely done and your car turned out fantastic. I think I have made my decision on painting the car now vs. spraying some epoxy. Very sinister look.

Question: What brand did you use for the switch back marker lights? I want to do that exact same thing for my lower RS turn signals.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Wow, very nicely done and your car turned out fantastic. I think I have made my decision on painting the car now vs. spraying some epoxy. Very sinister look.

Question: What brand did you use for the switch back marker lights? I want to do that exact same thing for my lower RS turn signals.
      I can't remember if I ordered them from ebay or amazon but I'm pretty sure they came directly from China. superbrightleds.com sells some as well that may be a little higher quality but mine have lasted so far. There are two types of switchback so make sure you order the one you want. One type simply flashes white and amber when the signal is on and the other (the type I have) turns off the white light and then flashes the amber on and off like a new Audi with LED DRLs.

2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ

I realized I never posted an update about the changes I made this summer. The LS1 Camaro brakes had been a bit underwhelming and I had been considering CTS-V Brembos for a while. However, with the manual master cylinder setup, I was advised late model calipers do not have enough piston surface area to be effective. Wilwood sells a caliper upgrade kit for C5/C6 Corvettes which allows you to run an Aero6 caliper with stock C6 Z06 rotors. I figured since adapters allow you to run stock Corvette calipers on a Chevelle, they'd work for the Aero calipers as well.

I needed new adapter plates, as mine were designed for f-body calipers. The new plates had to be trimmed a bit to clear the Wilwood caliper adapters. Besides that, everything fit together fine.

The big brakes meant my 17" wheels wouldn't fit anymore. I couldn't justify spending over $3000 on wheels for a car with ruined primer so I went with C7 Z06 replica wheels. All four are 18x10.5 and required adapters to fit. Rear tires are 295/40/18 and the fronts are 285/35/18. I would have preferred the 295s on the front as well but I ran into sway bar clearance issues. I need to switch to a splined sway bar to gain more clearance.

The Chevelle has a bit of a "murdered out" look with the black wheels now, but that isn't the goal. My plan is to paint the Chevelle white eventually with satin black trim and stripes.

2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ

Interested in seeing what you do with the "crooked" armrests. I'm trying to come up with a solution this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJohn View Post
      Interested in seeing what you do with the "crooked" armrests. I'm trying to come up with a solution this winter.
      It'll probably take re-drilling the holes in the sheet metal. My doors are repops so I'm sure most of the predrilled holes are off.

2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ

Sweet! It looked good before but I really like this new more aggressive styling. I did the same with my car, went from the 17" olds school 5 star and now have 18" more Pro Touring styled wheels. It really changes the visual feel of the car for the better in my opinion.

When you get closer to paint, if you'll be in the market for a rendering to work it out let me know, I'd love to give you a bid. Click HERE for my FB page to see some samples.

Looking forward to hearing how much of a difference the brakes made. I've also been running the LS1 brakes on my car and have been considering an upgrade.

Keep up the good work!
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Looking great man! I'm curious how the vinyl dye holding up? I'm seriously considering that for my front seats. They are in good shape, but I don't want to spend a bunch more on new seats right now.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Looking great man! I'm curious how the vinyl dye holding up? I'm seriously considering that for my front seats. They are in good shape, but I don't want to spend a bunch more on new seats right now.
      I only used the dye on the back seats and it's holding up well. I'm not sure how well it would hold up on front seats that get more wear and tear though. Good prep is key.

2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ

What size adapters did you use for the wheels? I was looking at a set of takeoffs but wasn't sure about fitment
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd71 View Post
      What size adapters did you use for the wheels? I was looking at a set of takeoffs but wasn't sure about fitment
      Front and rear adapters are 42mm. I'll post the link for the wheels so you can see the backspacing specs.

https://www.oewheelsllc.com/18-Fits-...-Black-18x10-5

2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ

The wheels look good on there.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com