Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Pro Touring suspension / upgraded subframe / 8.5"10 bolt / fuel system for sale

I finally got some time this past weekend to get some of my old parts in order and take some pics to start the process of selling this stuff off. Currently if you don't see an individual price next to something that is because its for sale only as a package deal for that item.

Factory subframe with significant upgrades. I spent over $4k upgrading this subframe. It was upgraded in two stages. Stage 1 was with the restoration of the car and those parts have 19K miles. Stage 2 was around 2-3 years ago and there are 8K miles on those parts. I also recently paid over $800 for a front and rear Carbotech set up with street pads and race pads so you don't have to change rotors when putting on your track pads. There are less than 2K miles combined on the pads and they look brand new.

Subframe includes:
      Stage 1 parts:
      - Original subframe 100% dissembled, blasted, and painted with POR 15 products. Paint is in excellent shape except near the steering box where brake fluid bubbled the paint.
      - "Short" first gen steering arms
      - Hotchkis 1907F 2" drop springs
      - Hotchkis hollow sway bar
      - Hotchkis branded Bilstein shocks
      - Remanufactured IROC quick ratio (~12:1) steering box.
      - New steering linkages (pitman, Idler, tie rods)
      Stage 2 parts:
      - SPC Pro Lite adjustable tubular upper control arms with greasable delrin bushings
      - SPC Tubular lower control arms with greasable delrin bushings
      - Adjustable ride height kit for use with SPC lower control arms
      - SC&C recommended progressive rate jounce bumpers
      - AFX "Tall" spindles
      - Kore3 C6 Z51 big brake package using red C5 Z06 calipers. I would go ahead and change rotors. As mentioned above, comes with barely used non corrosive Carbotech Bobcat street pads and XP10 track pads
      - New upper and lower ball joints

A few notes about the subframe. As it came on the car originally, the front crossmember was slightly concave from being used as a jacking point over the years. Also, as you can see in the head on pic just to the driver side of the center the lip of the cross member is bent up slightly. The subframe was checked by a frame shop and given a good bill of health before ever being restored. No problems from this were noted in 19K miles. Also, the edges of the frame around the sway bar mounts has cracked on me in the past. This was recently welded up by Fab53 and tracked and autocrossed multiple times since with no problems or repeated cracks noticed.

Pic of the subframe being restored

Pics of the subframe as it stands now:

You can see in this pic that the paint near the stearing box is bubbled from brake fluid. Also, you can see where the alignment shop used channel locks (WTF???) to adjust the SPC arms so they are roughed up a bit.

This pic you can see the flange of the crossmember is slightly bent.

Subframe price - $2,500

I'm also selling the rear set up. All parts except rotors, pads and sway bar have 19K miles (rotors, pads and sway bar less than 2K miles).
      Includes:
      - 8.5" 10 bolt rear end with Eaton 3.73 posi and Tom's Kick Ass axles. Rear end was built by a local SoCal shop.
      - 4th Gen Corvette brake kit with integrated parking brake
      - Noncorrosive Carbotech bobcat street pads and XP8 track pads
      - Hotchkis leaf springs
      - Hotchkis branded Bilstein shocks
      - Helwig adjustable hollow tube sway bar (custom weld in brackets and adjusters by Fab53)

You will need new spring isolators with this install. Also, you will need to replace one of the leafspring's center bolt unless I get around to it first. Pictures of the rear end and brakes are up. I will still be posting pics of the leafs and sway bar soon.

Rear end and suspension set up price - $1,500

EFI baffled tank.
      This is stock replacement fuel tank with a remarkably effective custom baffle job. 19K miles on this tank. Can be reliably run down to ~1/4 of a tank on the track and to empty and then some on the street. I will include the Holley external fuel pump and the old braided line (recommend you replace the line).
      Includes:
      - Stock tank with custom baffeling
      - Sending unit to support external fuel pump with return line
      - 0-90 ohm fuel gauge sending unit
      - Holley in line electric fuel pump PN 12-920 (need to double check this PN. When researching before it supports MPEFI including LS motors).

Pics of the tank during assembly

Current pics coming soon. Guys at the shop did scrape up the bottom of the tank a bit.

Fuel tank price - $550

I would be willing to make a package deal but am unwilling to part out at this time.

Let me know if any questions.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Would you consider selling the 10 bolt less brakes and suspension? If so very interested
      71' Nova - LY6, T56

Quote Originally Posted by NvrDun71 View Post
      Would you consider selling the 10 bolt less brakes and suspension? If so very interested
      I'd prefer not to part out at this time. I've had 3 local buyers who also want the rear end minus certain parts. Somebody came to look at the rear last night and is on the fence of taking the whole thing or not.

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Sale pending on the complete subframe.

I've added some pics of the rear end to my original post. I still need to get some pics of the leafs, sway bar and fuel tank as they are today.

Some pretty good prices you got there, GLWS Chad.

Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Any Idea what shipping would be on on the rear and tank to 49090. I have access to a loading dock.
      Vince

PM sent on rear package.
      Alex Johnson

'69 Nova 350/TH350
      '63 Nova 305/TH350 (The wife's project)

'76 Suburban 1/2 ton 454/th400 2wd (SOLD)
      '74 C10 Fleetside 350/TH350 (SOLD)
      '72 Buick Skylark 350/th350 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Nessumsar View Post
      Some pretty good prices you got there, GLWS Chad.
      Thanks Jon. I'm actually sad to sell this stuff after spending so much $$ and blood sweat and tears on it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by censo69 View Post
      Any Idea what shipping would be on on the rear and tank to 49090. I have access to a loading dock.
      I have no idea. I'm not sure even how to get a quote. I could probably guesstimate the weight of the tank with a regular scale but not sure how to weight the rest or who would ship it. My zip is 92648 if you have any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by larknut View Post
      PM sent on rear package.
      Responded to your PM. Happy to answer any other questions.

Alex, your PM's are full.

GLWS... What are your plans now Chad?
      Robert
      My sloooow build thread...https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...hlight=Orngasm

"If happiness is in your destiny, you need not be in a hurry."

If I can only convince myself of this!

Quote Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
      Alex, your PM's are full.
      Cleared.
      Alex Johnson

'69 Nova 350/TH350
      '63 Nova 305/TH350 (The wife's project)

'76 Suburban 1/2 ton 454/th400 2wd (SOLD)
      '74 C10 Fleetside 350/TH350 (SOLD)
      '72 Buick Skylark 350/th350 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by ROBS6T8 View Post
      GLWS... What are your plans now Chad?
      Thanks Robert. I'm doing a complete overhaul of the drivetrain and suspension. TCI front subframe and TCI rear torque arm with a Mast motorsports 427" LS3. I have a thread here about it: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ins&highlight=

Chad, let's talk about the rear.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Rear end is sold!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com