Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Side mirror/door fuzzies removal on 69 Camaro?

It looks like the mount for the mirror is screwed into the door. I am assuming the mirror slides and locks into the mount. How do you remove it without breaking anything?

Also looking for tips on removing the fuzzies mounter to the outside edge of the tops of the doors and quarter glass. I removed the screws but am not sure about the clips?

Thanks.
      69 SS396 Camaro Coupe, 4link, 12bolt posi, Speedtech LCA and UCA's, Hotchkis 2" drop springs and sway bar, QA'1's, Bilsteins, Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Lemons Headers, Comp rollers/p-rods/cam, Fikse 18x8.5 and 18x10

On the rear of the base of the mirror, that fits over the bracket (mount) there was a screw on mine. I did not have the remote control version. So mine hooked in the front and then the scew on the small surface facing the rear of the vehicle, had a screw to secure it. May have to rotate the mirror out of the way to get access.

Don't know on the other topic, been to long since I've had it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Don View Post
      On the rear of the base of the mirror, that fits over the bracket (mount) there was a screw on mine. I did not have the remote control version. So mine hooked in the front and then the scew on the small surface facing the rear of the vehicle, had a screw to secure it. May have to rotate the mirror out of the way to get access.

Don't know on the other topic, been to long since I've had it apart.
      Thanks, I figured it our last night. The screw was covered over in some wax and dust residue. Fuzzies came out with a little screwdriver/rag action. I was hoping there was a quick release tool but I got it to work. Thanks!
      69 SS396 Camaro Coupe, 4link, 12bolt posi, Speedtech LCA and UCA's, Hotchkis 2" drop springs and sway bar, QA'1's, Bilsteins, Wilwood 6 piston front/4 piston rear, Magnaflow stainless exhaust, Lemons Headers, Comp rollers/p-rods/cam, Fikse 18x8.5 and 18x10

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com