Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shock Relocation Kit

This Kit will relocate the shocks inboard in a stock 68-69 Camaro frame. In the 67 you will have modifiy your pocket surface, due to the pan differences between the years. (and yes there is a difference) It will facilitate larger tires with or without a mini tub. This Kit is perfect for relocating your shocks inboard.

The bracket is mild steel, tig welded, which strengthens the area between the frame rails as well. You do not need to cut into your trunks compared to other kits. Keeps the top of the shock completely hidden in the stock factory pocket. We call it "The Bump in the Trunk."

In addition, the upper shock mounting points are close to stock height, witch will allow you to lower the rear and still have the ability to choose various shocks. The kit also has two different cups, 85 and 80 degrees depending on your set up. Ive linked a back yard install video…a little rough..but…lol

Thanks Bob

Name:  DSC02508.JPG
Views: 6132
Size:  66.5 KBName:  DSC02510.JPG
Views: 5238
Size:  90.1 KBName:  DSC02511.JPG
Views: 4906
Size:  87.7 KBName:  DSC02507.JPG
Views: 6986
Size:  69.2 KB

Name:  DSC02509.JPG
Views: 4550
Size:  63.7 KBName:  DSC02510.JPG
Views: 5238
Size:  90.1 KBName:  DSC02506.JPG
Views: 4437
Size:  50.8 KB

Country Flag: United States
      I like that relocation bracket .
      It's compact and doesn't require as much welding .
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Jeff,

Thanks...I know a member on this site.."Mr.Quick"..has ran something close to this design, said it worked great...

Its a great option for guys who cant or dont want to cut the center section of their trunk out to acheive shock travel on a lowered vehicle.

Bob

Looks sweet. What's the car coated with?

Thank you appreciate the comment....the coating is Lizard Skin....works pretty good...but it can be a bit messy.

Country Flag: United States
      Hey Bob,
      Im interested in this....how much and how do I go about ordering it? Thanks.
      Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Fras View Post
      Hey Bob,
      Im interested in this....how much and how do I go about ordering it? Thanks.
      Randy

Randy,

I left you a message on your phone, your more then welcome to come by and take a look at it on my car. The kit is around 145.00, comes with two different angled cups to meet your lower shock location needs.

Thanks Bob 623-326-8478

So tell me, what rim and tire setup(largest) will go on a 68 convert. camaro and the relocation?

Quote Originally Posted by ajs1luv View Post
      So tell me, what rim and tire setup(largest) will go on a 68 convert. camaro and the relocation?
      Not sure on the vert, The car in pics runs a 275/35/18 and cpuld go a tad wider...MAYBE 295. I forgot a BS...Im thinking 4.5. There is a good chart on this site that could answer all the questions....If anyone could show ajs1luv the link that would be great.

I'm concerned with the rim wideness! 9, 9.5,10 inches?

Im pretty sure we are using 10"s but Ill try and measure for you tonight to make sure.

Thanks Bob

thanks! I would love to able to fit a 10inch rim under my 68 convert with out the mini. just like a 69!(smile)

Bob,
      Did you say with mini tub you would need a 85* pocket? This is just what i'm looking for on a project i have at home. One question i have is the bar across the center really necessary if you weld the pockets into place. I would think it would look really like an untouched floor pan if you just install the weldable pockets in place. do you sell just the pocket seperately?
      BB

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bowtie View Post
      Bob,
      Did you say with mini tub you would need a 85* pocket? This is just what i'm looking for on a project i have at home. One question i have is the bar across the center really necessary if you weld the pockets into place. I would think it would look really like an untouched floor pan if you just install the weldable pockets in place. do you sell just the pocket seperately?
      BB
      I see and understand what your talking about, but the bar provides more lateral support then just the pockets alone. Id have to check and see if you can get the pockets by themselves. Not sure what year your car is, but 69's and 68's have the same sized pocket areas, the 67's have the same areas, but one is a tad bit different then the other side, I dont know why its like that but it is. So the 67 requires 2 cuts with a die cutter and a little hammering to get the new pockets to sit flat....just so you know.

If your going to run without the bar, just remember its not there if you decide to do any very hard driving, launching and the sort, aggresive cone crushing should give you any issues.

Pm me your number and Ill check into getting you pockets and cups.

Thanks Bob 623-326-8478

Quote Originally Posted by ajs1luv View Post
      thanks! I would love to able to fit a 10inch rim under my 68 convert with out the mini. just like a 69!(smile)
      ajs1luv,

I THINK the widest you can go is 9.5 with a 5 or 5.5 BS....Im not sure if verts are different in the rear wheel section or not, should be the same, but cant tell you honestly, never had hands on exsperince with one. You may check that chart in the tie and wheel thread, and or go ahead and post the question in that thread....its been beaten to death...but Im sure there will be some pretty helpful members willing to give you their .02 of info.

Hope that helps, I dont want to tell you can fit a 10 and then it doesnt work with your application, go ahead and ask around and search before making any purchase.

Thanks Bob

Bob,
      BB
      Bob,
      Spoke with Josh today and placed an order for the relocation kit. SRD was very helpful on ideas for my setup. Looking forward to the install
      Thanks again Bob, great talking with ya.
      BB

Bob,
      Spoke with Josh today and placed an order for the relocation kit. SRD was very helpful on ideas for my setup. Looking forward to the install
      Thanks again Bob, great talking with ya.
      BB
      It was good to speak and hear about your build as well. Its different to read and look, the it is to hear it from the owner's themselves. Call me when you get to the cutting part, I want to compare some measurments. The 67"s are a tad different then 69 and 68, it will take a bit more work.

Please keep me posted in the progress.

Thanks again Bob

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      With the shock re-locater kit you can do a super cheepo mini-mini tub. Cut out the factory shock mount and the sliver between the tub and frame rail then hammer the tub flush with the frame rail. No 315's but 285/295's are possible. Its what we use to do before 17's we're cool....come to think about it, were non existant on a Domestic car.

Now the thing that gets in the way are the leaf springs. Then off set shackles will fix that.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Great info and good points,

17's who would have thought production wheels would have went much bigger...lol.

Correct me if Im wrong, or if anyone has info on Charlie Lillards's 68 Camaro (maybe 67)...it was a late model production color deep greenish blue, I want to say he ran a 285 or 295 on the rear, I think he may have performed a slight fender roll...That car had the perfect stance (my opinon)...but Im a big fan of Charlies builds anyway.

Ill try and do a search for the guys looking to take this route, get the pics and tires config on Charlies old Camaro...if someone gets to it before I do...please post it here.

Thanks Bob

Would this still work with a 68 convert? And can the tire be just as wide using a 19inch rim?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com