Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Wesley J View Post
      Does anyone know of a good wiper controller? I was driven nuts on Power Tour last year when I needed intermitant wipers.... I'm looking for something I can mount on the bottom of my dash and kinda hide. A stealth knob is kinda what I'm thinking.

Cheers,

Wes
      Wes,

Scott Drake makes one that I have heard good things about. Check out the following link:

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/...2.aspx?wid=141

Also Mustang Monthly did an article about the installation for a 1969 model. See the following:

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techar...all/index.html

Great progress on the build, especially now that you have the engine!

Cheers!
      68 Mustang Convertible
      408 Stroker
      5 Speed
      Coil Over Suspension

I think what is most important is the drive line angle mesured from the tailshaft of the trans you want it between 0% and 3% down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraclone View Post
      Wes,

Scott Drake makes one that I have heard good things about. Check out the following link:

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/...2.aspx?wid=141
      Exactly what I'm looking for, thanks. Too bad I didnt find it before my Mustangs Unlimited order came in....

Quote Originally Posted by 482supersnake View Post
      I think what is most important is the drive line angle mesured from the tailshaft of the trans you want it between 0% and 3% down.
      Thanks, it looks as though I'm pretty much right in the middle.

Wes

Motor mounts are done. I had the material laying around so I made them from Aluminum. One of the frame side mounts is done, I'll get the other done tonight and installed.

Wes

Does anyone know of a good wiper controller? I was driven nuts on Power Tour last year when I needed intermitant wipers.... I'm looking for something I can mount on the bottom of my dash and kinda hide. A stealth knob is kinda what I'm thinking.
      Hey Wes, chiming in kinda late on this, but - there's a low buck approach here too. Late 70's F series pickups & vans had intermittent wipers as an option. It uses the standard ford in the dash mounting (not the stock 67/68 Mustang mount in the instrument cluster, tho. It's literally a plug and play solution to delay wipers.

Hands down, THE best $10 junkyard upgrade I ever did to my Ranchero!
      chunger

'68 Ranchero 500
      '70 Cougar XR-7 Convertible
      '98 Mustang GT Convertible

Country Flag: Netherlands
      i have done the same thing with my 2 speed wiper. i replace it for a late 70's F series pickups & vans that had intermittent wipers. you need the wiper motor, switch and module.
      Greets Paul.

'71 ford capri mk1 427 v8.
      '65 ford mustang 5.0 efi aod, running on LPG. Sold now.

Motor is hanging from the mounts. Tranny mount this weekend as well as firewall contruction.

Well, Shawn for Mascoll Designs (www.mascolldesigns.com) sent me my rendering late last night! I'm assuming that since the rendering is done that when I get home tonight the car will be too..... Wishfull thinking....

For some reason the forum resizes (and poorly...) so here's a link to a slightly bigger/less manhandled version: http://mustang.weshill.com/?p=938

Items to note:
      - Grill opening below the front bumper - morrors the shape of the upper grill
      - Soft black paint on the hood/trunk
      - Hood scoops a la GT-40
      - Satin chrome
      - Door locks removed

I dont even want to think about how much money in ink this is costing on the plotter at work at 4' x 6'......

Cheers,

Wes

Country Flag: United States
      Awesome
      1965 Falcon Hardtop

However long you think your project will take, double it and you might be halfway right.

Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...847#post798847

That rendering looks great wes! It looks like youre going to shorten the hood a bit? And some nice side vent work as well. Are you going to make those functional?
      Stephen S.
      1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

Quote Originally Posted by MSTSFabbed View Post
      That rendering looks great wes! It looks like youre going to shorten the hood a bit? And some nice side vent work as well. Are you going to make those functional?
      To be honest, neither, thats just how the rendering came out. I am going to make the hood vents functional though.

I'm planning to take 6 days off here starting this weekend with my time split between family and the car. I'll try my damndest to stay off of my motorcycles and actually get some work done! Tranny crossmember is done and turned out great.

Wes

Tranny crossmember is done and turned out great.

Wes
      Mind posting a pic of that. Im about to start making one myself and could use some ideas.
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      Mind posting a pic of that. Im about to start making one myself and could use some ideas.
      Will do. Keep in mind that I effectively have a full frame and have chopped out large sections of my floor.

Quote Originally Posted by LowFast View Post
      Great progress, what is your inside of frame to inside of frame measurement? Curious as to how wide the thing is at the header. How much larger would you say it is compared to the 4.6 DOHC, I had read that it was supposed to be smaller but that appears to not be the case.
      The 4.6 4V I have measures 27" and a bit at the widest point. The 5.0 4V is a hair over 29" at the widest point. Wow. Considering that this thing weighed 473 pounds with the crate, wiring harness, computer, fuel pump/reg etc shows that this thing really does acutally weigh 420 ish lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      Here she is. 1.5" DOM tubing with sleeves at the bushings. The exhaust cut outs are from 3 1/2" 3/8" thick steel. I stood on the tranny and it doesnt deflect at all.

Motor mounts, not quite finished yet. I obviously need to finish welding on the frame side but I'm also going to add additional bracing to the aluminum motor mounts.

I start 6 days off tomorrow and I'm going to go hard on the firewall.

Wesley J

Wesley,

Looks really good! I like how you made the tranny x member! It's nice to see the new coyote in a project like mine before me.. gives me lots of things to take notes off of. My roadster shop front clip is almost done and I have pre-ordered my Roushcharged coyote motor! I'm pretty excited!

Cheers
      Tom

PS I just got transferred to Calgary for work and am supposed to be out there on Monday - it would be cool to check our your project sometime..

Quote Originally Posted by 67greengt View Post
      Wesley,

Looks really good! I like how you made the tranny x member! It's nice to see the new coyote in a project like mine before me.. gives me lots of things to take notes off of. My roadster shop front clip is almost done and I have pre-ordered my Roushcharged coyote motor! I'm pretty excited!

Cheers
      Tom

PS I just got transferred to Calgary for work and am supposed to be out there on Monday - it would be cool to check our your project sometime..
      Thanks. Drop me a PM when you get here and we can plan a time to drink some beer in my shop and compare notes. Good timing, you get here right before stampede!

Wes

Here she is. 1.5" DOM tubing with sleeves at the bushings. The exhaust cut outs are from 3 1/2" 3/8" thick steel. I stood on the tranny and it doesnt deflect at all.

Thanks. Looks beefy. That exactly what I need for mine but with the cutouts opening up towards the floor rather than down. I need more clearance for my exhaust to run as tight to the floor as possible. My plan is very similar to yours. My main obstacle is coming up with how to attach it to the stock thin frame rails. My welding experience is minimal and Im afraid thru-bolts would tear the frame rails.
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Thanks Wes! Sounds good

i just went through this entire thread, love the project.

i have a fox, plan on a forged coyote swap this winter.... i am also running the SN95 spindles with 13" rotors... i picked up a set of 4 piston wilwoods, but the rotor "hat" offset is so shallow, that they will not clear the "spokes" my cobra wheels. im just curious if you have checked this with your factory style wheels.

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com