Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

=Mister Vengeance's 77 Celica Payback Streetfighter build, GarageZero ATL=

So i got a new 77 LB Celica.. THIS TIME im gonna do what i want..

Some of you remember my old Celica...

My big problem with my 72 coupe is that its too (happy) looking to me.. I liked it.. a lot.. but it wasnt ME.
      dont get me wrong.. i tried many times to give it that personal touch to grow attached to it.. and i realized the first big problem.. the FACE.

Some had seen my posts about the longnose front end.. debated putting it on my coupe.. finding out i couldnt do it..
      The longnose has more of a "scowl" to me.. and I like that.. the coupe looks more like "whoa whats going on fellas?" surprised look.

so the best way to solve the problem was to switch lanes.. so I did.. painfully I let go of my coupe to a honda ***** out in Minnesota.. who has it for sale after 2 months of having it(I saw that, bitch.) I know your reading this.. and sought out a 77 Liftback.

This one my homeboy Freddytoyotero found in Alalabamba.. you know.. where the mexicans have mullets.. Alabama.

I saw pictures of the car he posted on our old GarageZero site and thought to myself wow thats a good looking car!.. might want that one.. price was a little on the highside though.
      but i was in Japan at the time for 2 months.. something told me to try for it.. I had my peeps at GarageZero in Atlanta call up the guy to see if he would take a bid.

Kelly(wife of John) of GarageZero called dude up.. and dude immediately started talking **** to them.. and played Kelly like some hillbilly chauvinistic retard.. im pretty sure he spoke with a twig in his mouth..
      John hit me up in Japan and told me that the guy wasnt very nice and he wanted EXACTLY what he asked for it.. i got no qualms with that.. but I figured he would bargain so i could get gas to go there and back.. sides he was too busy combing his mullet.

I said.. Oh well..

4 months later..

then I came home to good ol America and got home to Atlanta.. still with thoughts of the LB.
      I immediately took out my 72 coupe and started daily driving it while I was home.. my last ditch effort for her to convince me to keep her..

she couldnt..

so about this time the Hillbiller got a little chiller... I called him and he cut the thing 500 bucks without even asking..
      I wait a week to get my money together.. call him.. and HE CUSSES ME OUT!.. ahahhaa and wants to GO BACK UP in price!
      I politely told him.. um.. you told me a week ago that it was this.. he says "you comin this week?"
      I said if its the price we agreed on ill come tomorrow!

so to land of banjos and assrape I headed..

Dude was exactly what I thought he would be like.. weird looking.. like a bizzaro Jan-Michael Vincent with big forearms.. knuckle dragger.. big gums and dolphin teeth.
      He didnt have the twing in his mouth as i was sure he would have but he sure was country as a chicken coupe.
      on top of that he took a disturbing interest in my oldest son(4 years old) and kept arguing with my wife that he looked like a girl and told he was wearing pink panties!
      no bull****.. dude was a strange one.. I was worried the car wouldnt be able to get on the come along trailer i brought but he was like..

"the fugk is YOU talmbout?.. itll damb dreye up thare!.."
      "you aint seen this car have you?.. watch.."

when i went up to it, it was OBVIOUSLY someones baby before.. the interior was immaculate.. NO cracked dash..the body was almost RUST FREE!.. it was restored and repainted a few years back.. and you could tell.. it stayed inside..

the only problem was the back hatch.. it was dented BAD by a METH ADDICT FIGHT!.. but weird as that was.. it was SOLID.. bashed and some plexiglass in place of a window but was solid.. because of the Meth fight on the back is why i call the thing PAYBACK.. so yea..

i practically SHOVED the money into his hands and commenced to run away with the prize...

this is what i brought back..

We immediately got to doing things to it.. here I am holding the bumper while we cut the ****er off!

test fitted the wheels and tires and taped up some flares(that are not going on the car) to just tie it all together.. look wise..

i bought a set(regretfully) of Foxau2 front and rear bumpers and chinspoiler.. and my man Neil graciously hooked me up with a Toysport rear bumper on the cheap so i got the rear sorted better that what i had to mess with..

and here she is with my 71 240Z some of yall might have seen..

more in a little bit..

It's funny, those Celicas looks like tiny Firebirds, especially with that last pic.

Looking forward to this, I like Street Fighter builds a lot more than high end shiny paint Pro-To cars.
      Dan
      1968 Camaro v2
      LS6 :: Viper T56 :: C5 Brakes :: Hotchkis Suspension

Country Flag: United States
      This has to be your best post yet! Cool car!
      Matt

I am not much of an import fan but I have to say "I like it".

and im actually going to go with GLOSS black this time!.. to be like an opposite of my camaro.

and im going to do the same nosestripe as i did on my purple celica.. I know some people dont like that one because its too Camaro ish but I love how it looked.. might be kinda wild looking, Camaro front and Mustang rear.. oh well its all Celica.

as for engines my man John wants to do a 7MGTE.. I have no experience with those engines but it sounds promising.. the car will most likely see loads of AutoX and Roadracing.. I am thinking deeply about an LS swap to this one.. but well see.. and nahh.. i dont want to do a 2JZ.. ahhaha

wait, I thought you said there was a car in the first two pics; I don't see any car....

its alright, I know what you see.. don't worry I already had my fun with her.

I took her box out for the full pro touring.. we had our own RTT.........O

Great right up.. couldn't stop chuckling!! But the car looks good. I am intrigued on where this thing would will go.

Ps the spoiler and the bumper look niceeeee
      68 Camaro RS twin turbo
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...d-Intent-V-2-0

1993 Toyota Supra 6768 Built Single Turbo

Slow Lifted Jeep No TURBO :(

Randal F

Like the new project, but love the old coupe. My uncle had one new back then, and it was fairly quick for what it was. Thing I remember most about his GT coupe was that it'd run 100mph for ever and not overheat or anything else..

Killer write up Amir! It was tough to read at work though...

The 7MGTE is a MKIII Surpra engine right? That be cool to have to have NA. Have you thought about making the two inner headlights into air intakes, might look cool?
      Jon Rasmussen
      Ex Team OLJ.
      '72 Nova

Very awesome Celica goodness.

Country Flag: Canada
      Are those the 240 flares? I've got a 77 coupe as a winter beater, and since I haven't seen a set of celica specific flares come up in a while, I could make those work over the now mostly missing fender edges.

Oh and also, though I think the ls is a fair bit longer, You should be able to use this to bolt a ls right up to a w58 out of the later celica, which drops right in. I just swapped in a 22r for the ailing 20r (great swap, though the condition of the 20r makes it tough to say how much better the 22r really is), and I'm already considering this swap. Really don't need to, but we all know how that goes.

my original idea of using a SAAB spoiler cut the hell up and turned into a chinspoiler..

it was pretty cool.. If i took it a bit more serious in the cut up then i would have run it.. but it was too choppy.

you still planning on putting the 20b in the datsun? i had an old datsun pick up with a bridge ported 13b N/A. looked stock but when i turned it on, i got the WTF look from just about everybody. lol, good times.

as always, keep up the good work.
      Live for today, tomorrow is never promised.

Project Eternity: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...rs-convertible

A crate LS3 would be my vote!
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      So i got a new 77 LB Celica.. THIS TIME im gonna do what i want..

Some of you remember my old Celica...

Well I know what I want to do...

Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Excellent write up Amir - reading it has been the best part of my day - looking forward to seeing this come together

also a few pics of your Camaro made it to another website - theTHROTTLE

That car is just amazing
      Don
      Grace - 67 Camaro daily driver with upgrades along the way.

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Camaro-Driver

Quote Originally Posted by LV42DAY View Post
      you still planning on putting the 20b in the datsun? i had an old datsun pick up with a bridge ported 13b N/A. looked stock but when i turned it on, i got the WTF look from just about everybody. lol, good times.

as always, keep up the good work.

yup 20B is the move for the datsun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dons67 View Post
      Excellent write up Amir - reading it has been the best part of my day - looking forward to seeing this come together

also a few pics of your Camaro made it to another website - theTHROTTLE

That car is just amazing
      thanks man!... that site is pretty cool!

too bad the guy gave no specs on her at all

heres how Alabama gets down.. while she was on the trailer..

yup.. thats a big ****....(rooster...edit from AndrewB)
      Last edited by andrewb70; 04-13-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com