Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

66 Chevelle - New Beginnings

Alright, most of you know that we have a soft spot for Chevelle's, especially 64-67's. Well, it's a long story, but about nine years ago we met Andy (central Ohio) though our similar love for all things Chevelle. Andy is a great guy with excellent mechanical abilities and knowledge, but at the end of the day he just doesn't have the time to devote to his fleet of cars. So, that's where the Farrington family comes into play. I would never downplay the amount of stuff we have going at our place, but we do have a bit more time to devote to the cars. Long story short, last winter we put together a fairly stock chassis for a 66 SuperSport he's working on. Then when we upgraded our 66 suspension last summer Andy showed interest in buying all the parts that were coming off. We don't officially run a business (yet), but we presented him with a few different plans, he selected one then we agreed on a fair hourly wage (along with him buying our take off parts). Andy and his Dad came over earlier in the week to drop it off so it is time to start wrenching! Our plan will be to have it done and sorted out with time for Andy to get comfortable with it before Goodguys Columbus.

This is what's we have to work with:
      It's a basically stock lemonwood 66 Malibu with a 283, powerglide, drum brakes and ten bolt posi.

The original chassis is coming out and going into storage (Andy has more purist in him than we do) and we will be swapping in a 66
      El Camino/Convertible frame that has already been blasted and painted.

Here's a list of some of the goodies that will be going into the build:
      ATS/AFX spindles and steering arms
      SPC upper A-arms
      Global West Lower A-arms
      C5 front brakes
      C4 rear brakes
      ridetech front Musclebar
      1965 Chevy 12 bolt posi with 3.73:1 gears
      UMI rear anti-swaybar
      UMI upper and lower trailing arms
      Right Stuff stainless fuel and brake lines
      All new American made centerlink, idler arm and tie rods
      Jeep Grand Cherokee steering box
      Very healthy 406 small blockTH350 trans
      The 17x9.5" Vintage Wheel Works wheels that were originally on our 66 (285 rear and 255 front)
      DSE front and rear coilovers

Once all that's done, we'll bring the Malibu over and swap the body onto the new chassis.

Last edited by tommycomfort; 01-27-2012 at 02:09 PM.

After seeing that beauty of yours, its no surprise he would try to convice you to put the "touch" on his... Nice list of goodies, I'm sure he'll be satisfied with the results.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

That's cool Tom! How long before you quit the firefighting gig so you have even more car time?
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      After seeing that beauty of yours, its no surprise he would try to convice you to put the "touch" on his... Nice list of goodies, I'm sure he'll be satisfied with the results.
      Thanks for the compliment Chris! We'll do everything in our power to make it fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      That's cool Tom! How long before you quit the firefighting gig so you have even more car time?
      Well Herb, I can't let that gig go for a while, but before long my time in the National Guard will come to an end. That will lead to a lot more time, but less project and event money. Tough trade off for sure!

sweeet deal Tom....looking forward to this build!
      1971 Chevrolet Camaro RS-Detroit Speed Equipped
      1966 Chevrolet C-10-Driver/Project truck

Tom when can i drop my car off and let you, deb and sam finish it?

Quote Originally Posted by tommycomfort View Post
      Well Herb, I can't let that gig go for a while, but before long my time in the National Guard will come to an end. That will lead to a lot more time, but less project and event money. Tough trade off for sure!
      Either we need to pick up and move to Indy or you need to move to Cincy.

Looks like a really clean car.
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Love the color!!!
      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

You wanna talk about time coming to an end... I only have 118 days to go! My palms get sweaty just thinking about it!
      Herb

1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Tom,Very Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad94 View Post
      Tom when can i drop my car off and let you, deb and sam finish it?
      Either we need to pick up and move to Indy or you need to move to Cincy. Looks like a really clean car.
      Bring it up Dan, but Deb, Sam and I are really busy so you'll have to let Kaytlin work on it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by analyte View Post
      Love the color!!!
      Hey Kerry, it's one of my favorite colors too! I can't wait to see what it looks like with the VWW 17's and a bit lower.

You wanna talk about time coming to an end... I only have 118 days to go! My palms get sweaty just thinking about it!
      I can only imagine how you must feel. Are we going to see you at any events this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by coolwelder62 View Post
      Tom,Very Cool.
      Thanks Scott!

That car has been part of my family for a long while now and it is time for a "New Beginning". I look forward to enjoying another facet of the Chevelle hobby with this build and I can't wait for some seat time later this summer. I have a bunch to learn, but I am confident that the Farrington's are great teachers. I hope you, Deb, and the Saminator enjoy the Malibu these next few months as much as I plan to do so later on. I have met many great people thru the hobby, since my introduction by my dad at a very young age, but I have never met a finer bunch than you and your family. Thank you for helping see this project thru, but most importantly thank you for your friendship.

It will be very interesting to see the "before" and "after" pics of this transformation.

I can only imagine how you must feel. Are we going to see you at any events this summer?
      That's a tough question to answer Tom. Right now I'd have to say maybe RTTH, but there's always hope we can get to one or two others.
      Herb

1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

you doing this is great Tom before long youll be the man to go to for everyones chevelle needs , good job bud
      john
      1972 NOVA SPEED TECH TORQUE ARM AND FRONT ARMS , RUSHFORTH NIGHT TRAINS, DRIVERZ INC
      BUILD LINK
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...t-(GREY-MATTER)

Quote Originally Posted by Rx4aP-Tchevelle View Post
      That car has been part of my family for a long while now and it is time for a "New Beginning". I look forward to enjoying another facet of the Chevelle hobby with this build and I can't wait for some seat time later this summer. I have a bunch to learn, but I am confident that the Farrington's are great teachers. I hope you, Deb, and the Saminator enjoy the Malibu these next few months as much as I plan to do so later on. I have met many great people thru the hobby, since my introduction by my dad at a very young age, but I have never met a finer bunch than you and your family. Thank you for helping see this project thru, but most importantly thank you for your friendship.
      Thanks for your kind words Andy, the friendship is the most important thing we've got going! We'll sort the car out and make it a much safer and enjoyable ride all while cautiously spending your hard earned money.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny68 View Post
      you doing this is great Tom before long youll be the man to go to for everyones chevelle needs , good job bud
      john
      Thanks John,
      Taking eight years to build our 66 and buying countless parts cars has definitely given us an edge with the A-bodies.

Look what the UPS man brought on Friday. Same thing we have on our 66, but still fun to play with the new ones for a while...

Hey Tom, think we should paint those dove gray so they look factory?
      After all I am the "purist".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com