Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Young trucker from SoCal

Greeting guys! Im Jeryd, and this is my 1971 Chevy C10. I know, this isnt a Pro Touring vehicle, but I an headed in that direction with the style and performance of it.

I bought her while I was out on a deployment through may dad and good ol craigslist. After he went and checked it out, I forwarded him the cash and TA DA!!! my first truck... This is the only set only pics I got to see of it for those next three months

Not much going on there, but boy did I find a killer deal on a good canvas! From there I started pondering ideas of different suspension options, what to do with the interior, engine ideas, oh and WHAT COLOR?!?! you could say I changed my mind every time I changed my underwear, and I give props to those who put up with the changing ideas.

So the first step I went with was changing out the suspension. If you look at all my vehicles I have had in my past(Im only 23 and have had 9 vehicles) none of them have stayed at the stock ride height. I dont think that will ever change either! So I made friends with the guys over at suicidedoors.com now qualityairride.com and bought up everything I thought I would need to get this puppy lower to gods green earth.
      This is where that got me...

Now that I had been home from that deployment for a little while, I started scouting out different car shows for color ideas. Boy was that fun! I went from light blues to white, to oranges, them back to white and then I saw this beauty at the GoodGuys show in DelMar, Ca.

Thats right! Its ridetech's Velocity Camaro. Im sure a few of you have seen and heard about this car. I was just amazed. I knew I had to have that color. I talked to a few of the guys working the booth trying to get some information about it but they just didnt know. Finally, I found one of the big wigs of the company and he was more than happy to share with me. At that time, Velocity Orange had only been a custom mix for that car by DuPont and by the time I was ready to spray, it was on the Hot Hues line of available colors.

During this whole time, the truck was in Northern Colorado at my dads house getting modified, sanded, primed, and sanded some more.(My father used to do paintwork back in the day) so every once in a while Id get pics to this nature

I had some custom touches I had him do, and I would go out to Colo for a week and help do some other things such as shave the firewall of the wire tray, heater box, and blower

Cut and shave dash(dont hate me purists)

Then shave the side markers and original door mirrors
      Back to the days of priming and sanding

While on another deployment, I started getting pictures in my inbox like these

YES! Thats right, color!!!

Nothing beats the excitement of your project coming to life with a splash of color. Then more started piling in. Note that I had the inside of the cab painted satin black and only the dash and doors orange. I thought it was a nice break from the intense color of the orange on the inside of the truck

Now, during all the progress I decided I wanted to do something different, yet simple for the inner fenders. I didnt want my battery in the engine compartment, and I didnt want the big ol bubble fenders. So my dad and I came up with these. Made from thick brushed aluminum, they use a very simple plan.

you may be wondering "where did the battery go?"
      Wait, whats that?!?!

Ohhhh! I see what you did there ;)

Now its looking like a full truck again!

Complimented the rear with some Fesler Built tail light lenses

And the front with a TopBanana front smoothie bumper

Had to get some pictures with her cousin(my dads 71 LWB)

Once all of this was done, it was time to come home to daddy!

When she got home, there was some new toys waiting for her in the garage!
      Some ridetech Strong Arms!
      Shes sittin alot better now :D

And thats how she sits until this day. Im out again on another trip but the ideas keep boiling my brain. While I was home between trips this last time, I picked up an LQ4 with LS2 heads and intake manifold. I plan on decking the heads to get my compression ratio up to a 10.9-11.1:1 to get me in the LS2 power range, along with a mild port and polish. Other items to come to the engine and drivetrain are a PCMforLess Attitude cam, new torque converter, built 4L60E trans, Doug Thorley headers, and much more...

Also in the meantime I have contacted Nate Porter over at Porterbuilt Fabrication and ordered myself a shiny new dropmember

and rear trailing arms with trailing arm crossmember

True pieces of artwork this guy makes!

Stay tuned for more! I have all kinds of fun stuff planned for this build.

Great looking truck Welcome!

welcome aboard Jeryd! truck looks great!!
      Kevin S. (overseas in Germany)
      1963 Chevrolet Impala 2d ht Coupe

www.CruznArt.com
      CRUZN - Automotive Artworks

Man you did a fantastic job!
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

thanks for the warm welcomes! I look forward to contributing to this forum

Great job! The orange is a nice choice and you documented the progress well.
      1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass S

http://fivelugs.com

Hey guys! Its been a long time since I updated or even posted here, so I figured Id fill in what has changed since then...

Well, I finally received my Porterbuilt goodies

and out with the old heart and off to its new owner.

Time to do some test fitting with the dropmember, and soon with my newly acquired LQ9

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com