Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

1967 Chevelle 300 Deluxe PT

Well, I figured I would start a build thread and I'm open to any good ideas. I have a basic plan in mind and plan on completing the suspension, engine, and part of the interior for now. Later I plan on focusing on the paint and body. Right now, I just want to get the car running and on the road to enjoy.

Wheels are on the way...thanks to Prodigy Customs.
      VWW V40
      17x8
      17x9.5

Plans for the suspension are Speed Tech upper/lower A arms with a tall Ride Tech spindle....also....GM disc brake conversion all around, rear upper/lower Speed Tech control arm kit, Hotchkis 1" lowering springs all around, Alumitech downflow radiator with duel fans, 4 speed, and some other additional parts as I go.

This will probably take a little while, but well worth it in the long run.
      Name:  photo 12.JPG
Views: 3313
Size:  150.9 KBName:  photo 10.JPG
Views: 6187
Size:  128.5 KBName:  photo 11.JPG
Views: 2878
Size:  109.1 KBName:  photo 13.JPG
Views: 3260
Size:  103.2 KBName:  photo 14.JPG
Views: 3416
Size:  121.3 KBName:  photo 16.JPG
Views: 3076
Size:  103.6 KB

Man I love the flat black and the red flames. This car just screams DEATHPROOF!!!

Very Cool.I love the 66-67 300 Chevelle's.

I like the car a lot too. Especially since you don't hear much about them. I know that L&H Kustoms is working on a '67 300 Deluxe that, according to the rendering, will be awesome. That is really the only other 300 pro touring project that I have heard of.

Love these types of builds (drive while upgrading)...Im not up to speed on the 300 model...can you explain some differences?

By the way, Im enjoying the wheel tire combo you have now....I know it sounds silly.....but with the right stance the stockers make this car look sleepish...but with suspect.....keep us posted.

Bob

Dan, Looks like this will be an interesting build. Are you staying with the present engine or going LS?

I know where there is a nice crate engine ZZ502 as I know you like the BBC. Good luck with the build.

Bill Haynie

1970 Nova 572/620 TKO600
      2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca

Bob - The 300 Deluxe that I have is the model that was just below the Malibu. It does not have the fins on the back window and a post on both of the doors. There are some other differences like the taillight bezels do not have the slots in the middle like the Malibu or SS. The rear panel between the trunk and bumper was body color instead of black. The glove box trim also should not be present like on the Malibu or SS.

I'm trying to keep it as much of a sleeper as possible, but I couldn't resist doing the 17" wheels.

The plan for the engine is to freshen it up. It is a 383 that I'm going to repaint Chevy orange with powder coated orange (tall) valve covers. I have already ordered a March serpentine conversion kit. The engine still has the old iron heads, but they are the 202 set which from what I have heard were really good heads. I'm going to be stepping down the intake from a Weiand tall single plane to a Edelbrock Air-Gap duel plane, which is made more for what I need. Not sure what air cleaner to go with yet. I would like to get something that is black powder coated.

My down the road plans include an LS engine conversion.

Thanks....Dale

Here is a picture of the tail light bezel for 300 and 300 Deluxe models. They are hard to find and so are the rear quarter panel "300 Deluxe" emblems. This picture was taken before I had them refinished.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I have been thinking about relocating the oil filter for my SBC. Anyone use one of those kits? Any idea where the best place is to relocate the filter to?

My idea is to eliminate the chance of getting oil on my new ceramic long tube headers and ease of access.

If you're going to relocate the filter, go ahead and tie that into an oil cooler. You won't be sorry when you start running it hard. Great build!
      Last edited by tommycomfort; 12-08-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Love the flat black old school look with pin striping. I would definatley leave that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by HELLCAMINO View Post
      Love the flat black old school look with pin striping. I would definatley leave that alone.
      It will have that paint for a while after the engine and suspension is complete. I will be posting more pictures as we get a little more done. The guy I bought this car from put it together with whatever he had laying around the garage, which includes the the wrong bolts for everything. LUCKY ME!

lovin it! can't wait to see this things progress
      project 72 chevelle rs1

Used to be known as streetmetal

Dale,

thanks enlightening me on the differences...had no idea...except maybe the post, but never would have thought Of all the other items.

Not sure if you got your parts for the oil filter relocation yet. Ive found some on GM trucks and suv's that work great, and yes get the oil cooler from the same system as well.

Bob

I'm considering the Ride-Tech tall drop spindles. I have heard negative things about drop spindles, but a lot of cars I have seen on here have drop spindles. I plan on lowering the car with 1" drop springs all around. I'm wondering if the drop spring and drop spindles will be too much drop in the front. Any comments?

Anyone use Jet-Hot coatings for headers? I have a set of 1 5/8" long tube headers that need a ceramic coating job.

Alumitech Chevelle radiators.....anyone have one in their car? They have a good setup that I am probably going to get. It's a downflow with duel Spal electric fans and wiring. https://secure.wf-api.com/www.chevel...ng.com/52.html

Quote Originally Posted by DHarrison View Post
      I'm considering the Ride-Tech tall drop spindles. I have heard negative things about drop spindles, but a lot of cars I have seen on here have drop spindles. I plan on lowering the car with 1" drop springs all around. I'm wondering if the drop spring and drop spindles will be too much drop in the front. Any comments?

Anyone use Jet-Hot coatings for headers? I have a set of 1 5/8" long tube headers that need a ceramic coating job.

Alumitech Chevelle radiators.....anyone have one in their car? They have a good setup that I am probably going to get. It's a downflow with duel Spal electric fans and wiring. https://secure.wf-api.com/www.chevel...ng.com/52.html
      Dale,

on the suspension question, Id call Markus at SCandC and ask him if he has seen this combo, and or call Ride -Tech....I know its nice to hear a member with said installed parts but if not just call the company and speak to a tech.

Jet coating...my past and current headers are were coated by Jet -coating never any issues.

Thanks Bob

Header wise....looks like I'm going with Hedman's Elite 1 5/8" ceramic coated.
      http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-68298/

I have had some power steering pumps issues during mock-up of the new March pulley system. I went to the parts store and got a stock 67 Chevelle p/s pump, but the rear tube was hitting the block no matter where you placed it. I'm having to order a 69 Chevelle Saginaw p/s pump. Biggest plus about that pump is that the tube is located at the bottom rear, which should be better than it being right in the middle. (Wish I can post pics directly from my iPhone.) I will try to get some posted here soon.

Some of the new March brackets and pulleys getting mocked-up.

Quote Originally Posted by DHarrison View Post
      Some of the new March brackets and pulleys getting mocked-up.
      Well I posted pics with this post using the new iPhone app. But, it looks like it still has some bugs that need to get worked out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com