Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Thinking about switchin up wheels on the LS1-IROC

I had these wheels made for the IROC about 5-6 years ago. They are Bonspeed Huntington series....full polish. I still really like the wheel, but I think I want something a little more sinister to match the attitude of the car now. I used to be into the bling factor, but now with a herniated disk in my lower back, I can't spend alot of time polishing like I used to. I'm looking for a new wheel style that requires very little upkeep to keep them looking nice....probably powdercoat or clear coat, brushed...maybe chrome but I'm not sure yet. Any suggestions guys? How do you think an all black wheel would look on this car?

Turbo Charged LS1/T56

i think she would look great with a set of BLACK shoes..

like a set of these.. in black.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      i think she would look great with a set of BLACK shoes..

like a set of these.. in black.
      I like those and have thought about them seeing how it sounds like they will be available in 2 piece soon...however, I have always been a fan of a smooth lip vs. the step.

Turbo Charged LS1/T56

black wheels would look great. thats a very clean iroc by the way!
      FadedSS

My friend has these wheels in a matte finish on his black secong gen, I think these would look good!

Plus its only about $620 for 18's : http://www.jdwheels.com/ridler_racing.htm

His car in 17's:
      -James

1974 Z28 SCCA C Prepared
      1990 Firebird NASA CMC
      2005 Mustang GT SCCA F-Street (new for 2015)
      1989 Civic Si SCCA STC

Your current wheels and stance look great for a street car. One idea might be to brush the centers and leave the outer rims polished, then high gloss clear powdercoat the whole thing which'll take some of the shine off it; just wash and go! Not sinister I know, but would be very clean looking for not alot of $$$$.
      Ron in SoCal
      69 Camaro in progress
      http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=31246

Used to be known as flash911

http://www.rushforthwheels.com/galle...d_Strutter.jpg

Add a splash of color. Against the white car, they'd pop like crazy...
      Scott Parkhurst

2011 Car Craft Real Street Eliminator Winner

Definitely black. Either all black, or black centers and chrome lip. Black will contrast nicely with the white car and will match all of the black already on the car in the headlights, lower grill, etc, etc. Black wheels are easy to care for and look sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.in.SoCal View Post
      Your current wheels and stance look great for a street car. One idea might be to brush the centers and leave the outer rims polished, then high gloss clear powdercoat the whole thing which'll take some of the shine off it; just wash and go! Not sinister I know, but would be very clean looking for not alot of $$$$.
      I agree! I honestly like your wheels and love your car. I really think that the Brushed finish with a polished lip would be the way to go... I bet you could send your wheels to Jon @ Drivers Inc and he could brush & powder them up for you. You might look at the "brushed Titanium" color that Rushforth has... maybe something like that, with brushed hoops could get you that sinister look?
      Brandon Pursley,

Sorry I was thinking of the black diamond finish... but said Brushed titanium... which was also confused with smoked titanium actual finish.

This.....
      Brandon Pursley,

Good news for you! The 2 piece version is a soft lip. The 3 piece is available in either a soft or step. With the current sale, now is a good time to save a bunch of dough on a killer set of wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1-IROC View Post
      I like those and have thought about them seeing how it sounds like they will be available in 2 piece soon...however, I have always been a fan of a smooth lip vs. the step.

Schott 2pc F10 Brushed

Schott Daytona Black

Schott Sprocket

Scott Vector

The two piece trigger will only be available in smooth lip. Three piece in both.

Thanks for all the input and kind words. Today has solidified my decision to get a new set of wheels...plus the wife agreed, so that's a bonus. I started to do a full re-polish on the wheels today and have been hating every minute of it. I made the mistake of driving my car to work one day when we got hit with a rain shower....shortly afterward the sun came out...so as you can imagine I had water spots everywhere. The bad thing is I the water actually etched the aluminum ever so slightly when it dried. I've had to hit the wheels with 2000 grit wet to get them off and then compound. I spent 3 hours today on one wheel....lol.

I should have mentioned, that I am not in the market for a 3 piece wheel, I just cant justify the cost for what the car is for.....after all, its just a 3rd gen camaro..lol.

I am happy to hear the Trigger will be a smooth lip, cause that's a definate "gotta have" for me.

Jon, do you have any pictures of the Trigger with a smooth lip and a dark center?

I also really like the mesh style wheels. I almost bought a set before I got my current wheels. I have also been digging the 10 spoke style like the Sproket shown above.

Turbo Charged LS1/T56

We will have some pics for you Monday! Going to be a big seller for us with an awesome price for a full 6061 T-6 billet aluminum wheels. Plus we design this stuff with you guys (forum members) in mind. Glad to hear the Trigger is in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1-IROC View Post
      Thanks for all the input and kind words. Today has solidified my decision to get a new set of wheels...plus the wife agreed, so that's a bonus. I started to do a full re-polish on the wheels today and have been hating every minute of it. I made the mistake of driving my car to work one day when we got hit with a rain shower....shortly afterward the sun came out...so as you can imagine I had water spots everywhere. The bad thing is I the water actually etched the aluminum ever so slightly when it dried. I've had to hit the wheels with 2000 grit wet to get them off and then compound. I spent 3 hours today on one wheel....lol.

I should have mentioned, that I am not in the market for a 3 piece wheel, I just cant justify the cost for what the car is for.....after all, its just a 3rd gen camaro..lol.

I am happy to hear the Trigger will be a smooth lip, cause that's a definate "gotta have" for me.

Jon, do you have any pictures of the Trigger with a smooth lip and a dark center?

I also really like the mesh style wheels. I almost bought a set before I got my current wheels. I have also been digging the 10 spoke style like the Sproket shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin@DriverzInc View Post
      We will have some pics for you Monday! Going to be a big seller for us with an awesome price for a full 6061 T-6 billet aluminum wheels. Plus we design this stuff with you guys (forum members) in mind. Glad to hear the Trigger is in the mix.
      Awesome...I'll look forward to the pics. How long is your sale going?

Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Here you go bud!

In black:

For those who care to see it in brushed:

Here's a good shot of the lightening pockets in the back pad too:

Wow....that's a nice looking wheel! It looks so much nicer without the step lip on it. Can you tell me what the backspacing is on the black wheel as shown in the picture? It appears as those spokes bend backward the back of the wheel...which is a good thing. I can only fit a 10 inch wide rim on the back of the camaro so I'd like to get an idea of how wide the lip would be on a 6" BS.

Any chance you will offering up the Spyder wheel in a cheaper 2 piece in the future too? If you were, I'd probably order a set of those before I'd do the Triggers.

Either way, I think it's cool how you guys seem to work with your customers on here.

Turbo Charged LS1/T56

The Backspace on those wheels are an 18x9 with a 5.75" BS. For an accurate idea of what an 18x10 with a 6" backspace looks like, it looks like this:

Thanks for the pic Jon.

Can you guys clear the polished lip? How much does it dim the shine? Also...do you use clear paint of powder coat?

Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com