Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Brett & Chad, thanks again for all your hard work and patience with me and my questions. I'm going to be starting the frontend rebuild in the next 2 weeks, oncethat's all together I'll give more feedback on the setup.

US Army Retired
      Desert Storm, OIF 2003 & 2004
      1973 Firebird
      2001 Trans Am WS6

My pleasure!!!!

2.5's over the axle would be fine with me.
      Stephen

damnit another hood like mine, and yours is on the road first. Very nice bird looks awesome.

a73formula, Thank you! I had the wild idea of the 6in cowl and did it back in 1999. This is the first time that I've ever posted pics of the car since I pulled it out of a junkyard in Barstow California back in 1996. I'm going to take the 6in cowl off when the LS motor goes in and put a 3in on it so it's not as tall.
      US Army Retired
      1973 Firebird
      2001 Trans Am WS6

No problem at all. We look forward to more feedback as you dial the car in!
      Last edited by BMR Tech; 06-22-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Hey Val wanted to check in with you to see if you had a chance to get me a few ground clearance pics for other members yet?

Anyway, I wanted to wish you Happy Thanksgiving and thanks again for your service to us all!
      Last edited by BMR Sales; 12-18-2012 at 08:26 AM.

What about a torque arm for the 68-74 nova, I talked to you about eight months ago and it was in the works. Any updates!

Can you use a cross-over on the exhaust with this kit? I can't find any pictures with exhaust on this kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Probird View Post
      What about a torque arm for the 68-74 nova, I talked to you about eight months ago and it was in the works. Any updates!

We are now offering the kits for the X-body, but have not added the kit to the site. What year is your car and what rear do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by digger1978 View Post
      Can you use a cross-over on the exhaust with this kit? I can't find any pictures with exhaust on this kit.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to run a cross-over or x-pipe, but im sure it can be done.

It's a 1970 and it has a 12 bolt. All I need is the torque arm, I already have the coilovers, trailing arms and panhard bar. The car currently has a 3-link but I would really like to have a torque arm instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Probird View Post
      It's a 1970 and it has a 12 bolt. All I need is the torque arm, I already have the coilovers, trailing arms and panhard bar. The car currently has a 3-link but I would really like to have a torque arm instead.

We sell the Torque Arm assembly seperately for $1199+shipping. Although we have not launch the X-Body stuff on our site here is a link to the 1st Gen F-Body Torque Arm for details:

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/index.c...&productid=233

Gentlemen,
      Good evening. I apologize for not posting sooner but my job keeps me busy and away from some of the finer things in life. I used a pepsi can to help give a decent height comparison. As you'll see the exhaust is lower than the torque arm itself. As I looked at the pics I noticed that I need to tighten one of the watts link jam nuts. I'll be in the process of converting to an LS2 w/6 speed this winter so alot will change. Once again I apologize for taking so long to get these posted.
      Val
      Name:  DSC00455.JPG
Views: 2897
Size:  94.9 KBName:  DSC00449.JPG
Views: 2891
Size:  110.7 KBName:  DSC00450.JPG
Views: 2896
Size:  107.9 KBName:  DSC00451.JPG
Views: 2890
Size:  133.3 KBName:  DSC00452.JPG
Views: 2902
Size:  123.4 KBName:  DSC00453.JPG
Views: 2884
Size:  141.4 KBName:  DSC00454.JPG
Views: 2923
Size:  105.9 KB
      US Army Retired
      1973 Firebird
      2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 1973Firebird01 View Post
      Once again I apologize for taking so long to get these posted.
      Val

Thanks for posting the pics Val!

What size tires? Mini tubbed? Thanks for getting some pics up.
      Stephen

Bmr

Quote Originally Posted by srh3trinity View Post
      What size tires? Mini tubbed? Thanks for getting some pics up.

Here is some info from the 1st post about the car.....

I know that this is a little late but here it goes. After 9 months I finally got to drive the car this past Friday.
      Few things first, the old driveshaft was short to begin with(fixed). I also waited to get my VWW V40s (17x11 4.75b/s 335/35/17s) mounted and on. The moment I set the car down the back height was PERFECT! I set the dbl adj shock at a middle setting...it's a little rough on some of the rougher roads here but that is fine with me. This setup is very tight and responsive...it has shown the deseprate need to update the front suspension. Take off; sqats, plants the tires, lifts the front evenly, and shoots straight. Curvy roads; the rear sticks like glue, no lateral movement, unbeliveable! The back feels tighter than my 4th gen & that's settup for auto-x.
      I've had NO clearence problems with the torque arm but the exhaust (3in into flowmasters dumps at the axle) and headers are a different story. To be fair, driving around I have yet to bottom out but my driveway is a different story(the rear fenders are at 27.5 inches high, fronts @ 26in.). If there has been one single most improvement to the car over the past 15 years of this project this is it! GREAT job BMR!
      As for installation this was the easiest that I've done to date, instructions were spot on and everything fit without modification. I asked Chad at Fletcher Customs to order it with the housing narrowed 3in on each side, to fit the wide tires. On mine I could not run anymore than 4.75 back spacing or it'd hit the lower control arms.
      These are the pics I took before driving it for the first time since the installation, the back (ride height) has settled since and height is PERFECT!! Pics do not do it justice.
      Thanks to Chad and BMR!
      Val
      Hope to have the V40s with 275/40/17s ordered next week.

Quote Originally Posted by amcya View Post
      Bmr
      Not sure about this post, but yes the kit is ours (BMR)

Hey Val do you have any more pictures of the Torque Arm? We are going to post some up on our Facebook page soon!

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...684#post915684

Rich,
      Haven't been on here in awhile but I'll post some pics. Finally got the LS1 w/6speed in it and broke in. All I can say is WOW what a difference that made getting all the weight off the nose. I really notice the rear suspension working now squat and lift, rear doesn't have any lateral movement...it's planted!!
      US Army Retired
      1973 Firebird
      2001 Trans Am WS6

Rich,
      Haven't been on here in awhile but I'll post some pics. Finally got the LS1 w/6speed in it and broke in. All I can say is WOW what a difference that made getting all the weight off the nose. I really notice the rear suspension working now squat and lift, rear doesn't have any lateral movement...it's planted!!

Thats great news Val...... make sure you send in some pics of the new motor too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com