Views: 2968
Size:  146.4 KB

Name:  drivers+quarter+detail.jpg
Views: 2679
Size:  169.2 KB

Name:  machprebodyshop.jpg
Views: 2732
Size:  64.4 KB

Here's the engine fresh from the dyne. That's me a few years ago now and ouch it show...
      Name:  100_0616.JPG
Views: 2730
Size:  184.4 KB

I'm attaching a few pics from today after I bolted on the TTIIs and new Firestone Wide Oval meats. I believe I have nailed the backspacing, but of course the ride height is way off since the car is just a roller. Front = 17x8 w/ 4.75 BS and 245/45/17, back = 17x9.5 w/ 5.5 BS and 275/40/17. The 69 mustangs have more wheelwell space than the 65/66 or the 67/68 ones, and these appear to tuck in nicely.
      I'll keep you posted as the new machined parts roll in and get bolted on...

Attached Images Attached Images      

Ken you need a target date, pick a show at the end of the summer that you want to attend and schedule backwards from there.I am trying to get the visuals on my car done for the mamaroneck show in the fall. Do it! (ahnuld/terminater voice)
      Color and rims look awesome!

Country Flag: United States
      Lookin' good!! Keep us updated as you get her finished up.

Country Flag: Norway
      That's a sweet color. What's your plans for the car ? Full Pro-Touring or an easy Resto Mod ?

I wanna know too... what are the rest of the plans like???? No matter what, it's good to see another '69-70 on the forum anyway.

Thanks guys. My engine will be done shortly, a 351W stroked to 408, AFR heads, forged crank/rods/pistons and roller cam/rockers everything. If there is a better way to build one, I don't know it. Behind it goes a 5spd TKO600 Tremec and hydraulic clutch setup, and a 3.50 posi chunk in the the 9" rear. I'll post pictures of the motor when I get it back.

Plans are to fire it up for July 4th and get the basically stock interior redone in August. I figure after that I'm on the road for the fall, but with wimp-ass stock front disc/rear drum brakes peeking through the 17"s. That won't do for long, and if I'm really good Santa may put some 13" and 12" Baer brakes under the tree for a winter project.

So is that restomod, or pro-touring? Where is the line?

lookin good! nice color choice also!
      colt zantop

1968 camaro LS1.......aka......."NJECTED"

69 is by far my favorite year for Mustangs. Glad to see another one in the club. Nice car.

It looks great. Is that the factory Silver Jade color?

Yes, it is the factory silver jade. When I bought the car years ago, it was black, but the original jade green was evident in the jambs, trunk lid, etc. I really liked the color and stayed with it when I redid the body.
      BTW, an update is order. I didn't get it started in the car like I hoped in my earlier post, but I did get it dynoed that same week.
      I was very pleased with the output. Just today I tried to finish my brake system so the engine can go in, but hit a snag with a defective (new) hose. A death of a thousand little cuts, I guess.
      Last edited by gsxrken; 10-21-2005 at 06:42 AM. Reason: tried to resize pics

Holy gigantor pictures!!!!!! SHEESH!!!!! I'm guessing you wanted to make sure everyone saw how much power you made? Just kidding....
      Allen Ortega
      Meanstreets Performance Fabrication

---------------------------------------

Vegetarians are the reason for global warming

Ken I am glad to see your project move along. Its gonna be awesome to do a little sunday cruise with the wives... or without!

Thanks for your help yesterday,let me know if you need a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by zbugger
      Holy gigantor pictures!!!!!! SHEESH!!!!! I'm guessing you wanted to make sure everyone saw how much power you made? Just kidding....

Wow thats sweet...and some serious power!

Big horsepower requires a big photo.

That is the engine that Jimmy at RED in Brewster built ?

You got a great engine builder. He did my Boss 302, They are the best around our area IMO.

Good luck

Brad

I don't know if the pic. got fliped or somthing but your front left tire is on backwards.
      Stuart Seitz

Yep, Jimmy Betz at Racing Engine Development built it and the amount of research that goes into one of his builds is hard to believe. All of their machinery is new, the shop is clean, and he really does some high-end stuff. They are at 845-259-3587 and I unreservedly recommend them if you're looking for something beyond the usual crate motor fare.
      Keen eye, JoeleanLS1- the car is usually on jackstands but I put the rims on it without regard to which side was which to roll it out for the photos.

Very nice 69 Stang! You will have an awsome car when it's completed, keep up the good work.

I miss my 69 mach1. Original and rare 390 GT 4 speed. I was so stupid selling the car. I was in my early 20s and the ladies where a priority at the time. Oh well I plan on building another one once I'm done with my twin turbo LS1 69 camaro. Till then I'll continue to drool over your car!!! Thanks and please continue posting pics as your car progresses.

-Dave

Well it's finally running and I'll try to post a link to a brief clip of that.
      http://p6.hostingprod.com/@yorktown6...g/100_0675.MOV

I still have to bleed the JMC hydraulic clutch a bit more for full travel, the exhaust is just temp'ed up for the moment, the air cleaner won't clear the hood, and the interior is still MIA.

I think due to the age of my original steering box, coupled with some header clearance and pulley aligment issues, I am going to get the TCP manual rack for Christmas and ditch the stock bendix power-assist setup. The first salvo in the suspension upgrades! Can anyone on this board comment on the TCP rigs?

sounds good! and looks great too...what kind of power are you making with this setup?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com