PDA

View Full Version : Bowtie Overdrives TV kit 700r4

JJSmitches
08-21-2005, 10:24 PM
I have a 700r4 trans I am almost ready to install. However, the TV cable adjuster supplied looks completely cheezy compared to the TV Made EZ kit from Bowtie Overdrives. The only thing keeping me from purchasing their kit and tossing the spring adapter "system" that came with the trans is that it requires replacing an internal transmission part which I worry might void the warranty.

Has anyone used the Bowtie Overdrives' TV system with a 700r4 rebuilt by a different company?

I would mention the other company...but I might have to -

A) defend myself
B) trash them
C) confess that I should have purchased from Bowtie Overdrives in the first place.

MStennes
09-19-2005, 07:37 PM
You dont want to know what I think of Bow Tie...... True their TV cables are good but no better than Lokar. If you have one of their 700R4's or anyones for that manner dont hit it with to much power as they cant take it. There is no such thing as a High Horsepower 700R4. If you want to have fun and hit a GM OD auto get a 2004R. I killed 2 700R4s within 6 months both were covered by warrenty but I just didnt have it in me to go for 3. I went with a CPT. If you really talk to knowledgeable auto builders they all agree a 700R4 just cant be built to take any power or abuse. I was only hitting mine with about 400 hp. PM me if you want or need more info.
Mike

race-rodz-inc
09-21-2005, 04:13 PM
i had excellent luck with the bowtie overdrives tv cable, the internal part change is a matter of dropping the pan, as i recall they included a "spec" sheet for what the trans operating pressures "should" be when the cable is adjusted correctly. the simple yet effective cam linkage is critical to keeping the opperating pressures in check, having it improperly adjusted, WILL drasticly shorten the life of the allready mediocre trans. i would simply call the builder of the trans...and ask them if it will void the warranty. my only 700r4 is behind an efi ZZ4, ina 40 ford coupe, the car gets drag raced and cruised, and no problems after 2 years

Radlark
09-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Hey just give Mike over at Toy Shop Transmissions he will be glad to help you out! Tell him Larry sent ya, he has built a quite a few of my trannys including one that went behind a 502/502 4 years ago and it is still going strong with no issues. His # is 909-620-5849

6'9"Witha69
10-13-2005, 10:23 AM
I have killed 3 bowtie trannies and 2 by other companies in 3 years. I should have saved up the time and money on all those 700s and I could easily swap to a TKO 600. I have 542 flywheel tq so they do not hold up well with higher power applications. I always get a clunk in 1-2 shifting.

MarkM66
10-13-2005, 11:28 AM
I've used those "cheesy" Spectre adjustible throttle/kickdown brackets on 700 tranny cars before. Worked fine, for $12. You don't really see it under the air cleaner anyways.