PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have video of Keaton Schuster's run / wreck on Autocross Course?

SparkyRnD
03-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Was wondering if anyone has video of Keaton Schuster's C10 truck running & wrecking on the Autocross this past weekend?

71RS/SS396
03-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Was wondering if anyone has video of Keaton Schuster's C10 truck running & wrecking on the Autocross this past weekend?

I get the intrigue for you or anyone else wanting to see a crash video but posting that kind of stuff is not good for our hobby as a whole and will likely add more cost to the entry fees of these events since it helps the insurance companies justify higher premiums for the promoters.

SLO_Z28
03-26-2013, 08:45 AM
I get the intrigue for you or anyone else wanting to see a crash video but posting that kind of stuff is not good for our hobby as a whole and will likely add more cost to the entry fees of these events since it helps the insurance companies justify higher premiums for the promoters.

I do understand your argument, and agree to an extent. But good guys is making a million dollars at least off this show. An increase in insurance costs wouldn't hurt the margins on this event at all. Autocross is inherently safe in the proper venue, however this venue is too small.

SparkyRnD
03-26-2013, 09:15 AM
it has nothing to do with what you think, I'm not a 'hey check out a wreck' kind of person. Rather, I want to see where he crashed, what the conditions were, and the proximity of the k-rails. Since I plan on racing my car at their events, I want to make sure its safe not only for workers and pedestrians, but also for drivers. If their rails are too close to the course, then it's not worth the risk to the car.

71RS/SS396
03-26-2013, 10:09 AM
I do understand your argument, and agree to an extent. But good guys is making a million dollars at least off this show. An increase in insurance costs wouldn't hurt the margins on this event at all. Autocross is inherently safe in the proper venue, however this venue is too small.
While I agree auto-x is inherently safe it doesn't really matter what we think, it matters how it appears to the insurance company.
The more of these videos that get posted on the internet whether it be goodguys, scca, ascs.. the more the insurance costs are going to go up which means you and I pay more for the entry fees, the promoter is surely not going to eat that cost.

it has nothing to do with what you think, I'm not a 'hey check out a wreck' kind of person. Rather, I want to see where he crashed, what the conditions were, and the proximity of the k-rails. Since I plan on racing my car at their events, I want to make sure its safe not only for workers and pedestrians, but also for drivers. If their rails are too close to the course, then it's not worth the risk to the car.
I wasn't trying to imply you were being goolish, if it came acrossed that way my apologies, but it would be better if someone e mailed or pmed you the video rather than posting it publicly. We do some novice instructing to try and get more people involved in the sport at various events, so I have a pretty good idea about insurance costs and what the insurance companies are looking at.

mpozzi
03-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Doubtful that the Good Guys insurance would be affected for this incident as no third-party was injured. Normally, Good Guys writes up an incident report for these mishaps but its up to the owner of the car whether they want to go through their own insurance carrier for the repairs or handle them personally. If they do present a claim, I wish them luck as most carriers have an exclusion for these types of events and any Internet search will give the adjuster handling the claim plenty of information.

I'm more curious about the Mustang ...

Mary Pozzi

firebob
03-26-2013, 01:01 PM
I too am curious about the mustang that crashed on Sunday. I heard from a couple of buddies that said it was pretty bad. Pretty extensive front end damage as well as bending up the doors a blt. Would be interesting to know at what part of the course each one had trouble and if it was the same or not. Sounds like it was drifting gone bad.

SLO_Z28
03-26-2013, 02:05 PM
One of the things that is deceptive, even from videos, is how uneven the course is there at Pleasanton. The car will hop around on the pavement. Other venues are MUCH safer, GG Texas looked like a dream place to have the famous peanut.

67cougnut
03-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Doubtful that the Good Guys insurance would be affected for this incident as no third-party was injured. Normally, Good Guys writes up an incident report for these mishaps but its up to the owner of the car whether they want to go through their own insurance carrier for the repairs or handle them personally. If they do present a claim, I wish them luck as most carriers have an exclusion for these types of events and any Internet search will give the adjuster handling the claim plenty of information.

I'm more curious about the Mustang ...

Mary Pozzi

Marry, You ever coming back to see us in pleasanton?

On a another note, I know there is no shade, but when goodguys had AutoX in part of the swap meet section it was way better with less mis-haps, more room for the cars to pull in and out and less of a chance of people crowding the entrance to the course due to there not being any watching room on the other side.Only bad side is that it gets hot(bad for people, good for tires). but , atleast hold the march and november auto x over there. just my .02

struck by Lightning
03-30-2013, 06:50 PM
I give Keaton alot of credit as he continued to participate after the incident. He will be back in June for sure.
The red 66 mustang received alot of damage and fortunately the young man driving was not hurt.

IMO, the Pleasanton venue is great and provides a good challenge with the added understanding that its a tight course.

72BBSwinger
03-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Was it kinda like this? LOL! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB-KBaevPqM

Goodguy Ed
04-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Let me start off saying that both drivers were OK and that the items put in place to make this AutoCross safe all worked like they are intended to do.
If you look at any Autocross event like the video posted on here you will notice that there is NO spectators watching the event with a large place for run off, at the Goodguys events we have thousands of spectators around the AutoCross so k-wall, fencing and spectator bike rack is all used to make this safe for the viewers as well as the racers. Please remember this is a race and a competition and when you have a race you will have people pushing themselves beyond their limits.
The Goodguys events are run with the cars being teched and then they are asked to go around the track to make a checkout pass, this is for both the driver and the guy running the AutoCross to watch them to see if they are over driving the track and that they are safe. Once they do their first couple of laps they will start to go faster each lap and that is where pushing the limits comes into play. The guy watching the drivers lets them know when they get out of control and helps them calm down to not over drive the track or their skills.
Some tracks are tight and some are real long and open, it depends on the space we have to setup a track on the size. Things are done to the track to slow cars down like chicanes and tight corners but we try and make sure you have run off room where we can. When you run over 800 passes on a track in a weekend and have little to no accidents all things worked like they should.

The track at Pleasanton will be moved for the next two events to a larger location as the Fair Grounds will be looking at repaving the lot we have been using to make for a better surface to race on.

SparkyRnD
04-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Ed, thanks for the reply and information.

GrabberGT
04-01-2013, 01:10 PM
One of the things that is deceptive, even from videos, is how uneven the course is there at Pleasanton. The car will hop around on the pavement. Other venues are MUCH safer, GG Texas looked like a dream place to have the famous peanut.

I think its in the Pro Bio videos of Mike and Stacy that you can see the cars bouncing around quite a bit. I remember thinking when watching it, how unhappy my car would be trying to run on that. PLEASE do NOT bring that peanut crud to Texas. We like our longer lap times and space. LOL

Rod
04-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Keaton Schuster was a rock star, he drove well and the mishap was so minor he banged out the fender and kept driving all weekend, we even had an extra fender laying around and Karl (one of our other shop guys) ran over and we offered it to Keaton for 20-30 bucks, so he came over Saturday night after the event and picked it up, I talked to him again on Sunday and he was happy with the deal and found the other parts he needed, I was very happy that Keaton rocked on and on. Sunday here he is driving the wheels of his truck thru the finish gates! And hope to see him at many more events, and I would gladly give any help to him he needs

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/04/IMG_4664_zps5a9600da-1.jpg

Tomswheels
04-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Any chance we can get Novembers longer course at Del Mar this weekend? The spectators love it!

Rod
04-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Any chance we can get Novembers longer course at Del Mar this weekend? The spectators love it!

Tom to my understanding it will be a longer style course this weekend in the same spot

chevelletiger
04-01-2013, 08:21 PM
sorry for the hi jack,rod.could you give myself and my son a ride along sat.?i didnt get a chance last nov.phil

Rod
04-01-2013, 08:29 PM
sorry for the hi jack,rod.could you give myself and my son a ride along sat.?i didnt get a chance last nov.phil

absolutely Phil My seat will be open most of the weekend, my girlfriend will not be a ride-along (she is running the goodguys timing computer) so come on by

chevelletiger
04-01-2013, 08:50 PM
thank you.