PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Car Road Tour!!!! Presented by Goodguys

Goodguy Ed
03-01-2013, 11:03 AM
There has been some talk around Goodguys about putting together a Muscle Car Road Tour like the Rodfather tour we did last year for the pre-49 cars,

This tour would be more focused around race tracks and Muscle car shops and manufactures that we would visit along the way. Here is what we have put together so far.

Kick off the tour at the Goodguys home office in Pleasanton CA with a Lunch for everyone. We would then travel over towards Highway 1 to Monterey CA and run around Laguna Seca Raceway that afternoon. Spend the night.

The next day we would head down Highway 1 towards Paso Robles. There we would visit the Car musuem, a muscle car shop and head over to Button Willow to run around that famous race track. Head over to Ironwork Speed & Kustom for a shop tour to see what is being built. Spend the night in Bakersfield CA.

Leave Bakersfield head towards Lake Havasu City AZ. On the way run the track at Willow Springs or go to the GM proving Grounds. Get into Lake Havasu City AZ and head over to Premier Street Rods to see that fine facillity and have a dinner. Spend the night in Lake Havasue City AZ.

Leave the next day and head towards Phoenix AZ. There we would run around AZ Motorsports Park, Firebird Raceway, Visit Baer Brakes, See Ron Pratt's Car Colection, visit Penske Racing Musuem and head towards Globe AZ to spend the night.

Leave Globe AZ and see some of AZ's best back roads towards Gallup NM then onto Albuquerque NM to visit the Unser Musuem and a few shops before spending the night.

Leave Albuquerque NM and head toward Amarillo TX to see the Cadillac Ranch, Visit Mark Warricks fine collection of cars and a muscle car junk yard full of treasures. Spend the night in Amarillo TX.

Head south from Amarillo TX toward Fort Worth TX and spend the weekend running the AutoCross track at the Goodguys Fall Lone Star Nationals Events.

We are looking to put this together with all hotel rooms and some meals included for one price. If you think you want to be part of this or if you know a cool place along the way let me know. This will be limited to 50 cars.

It will be way cool to travel across the country with 50 muscle cars and magazine guys seeing the sites and driving around the coolest race tracks in the southwest part of the country.

We will keep you informed if we get this off and running and what the cost will be. Just pay for your gas and some meals and have the time of your life with car guys and gals just like you.

Let us know what you think.
Goodguy Ed

Rod
03-01-2013, 11:56 AM
sounds like damn good fun!

73z-6sp
03-02-2013, 09:19 PM
jkbjhk

Gandalf
03-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Almost missed this thread. Sounds awesome. Depending on timing, I'm definitely in! Keep us posted.

G.

RBEAST
03-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Depending on specifics...I'd definitely be interested! Me too! details please

BuzzKillian
03-09-2013, 10:33 AM
The wife and I were just talking about doing something like this last night. If you decide to do this, say, Starting from Columbus,OH.... I'd be in!

mikeybigblock
03-12-2013, 09:20 AM
I would be interested

Pontiac Chris
03-12-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm interested in joining the Phoenix AZ leg of the tour!

firebob
03-12-2013, 03:31 PM
I can't take time off work to do the whole thing but maybe the first day or two.

Loyaltyisking
03-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Ild b interested, maybe not in the whole trip, but the cali n az leg of it. Def keep me posted on what yall decide

Goodguy Ed
05-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Goodguys is happy to announce a special new Texas Road Tour this fall that will take rodders from Goodguys World Headquarters in Pleasanton, California to the 21st Lone Star Nationals at Texas Motor Speedway. The Goodguys Texas Road Tour blasts off from Pleasanton, CA Friday, September 27th and lands at Texas Motor Speedway Thursday, October 3rd covering 1,969 total miles. The newly built, all yellow, 525-horsepower Goodguys G/RS 1969 Camaro will pace the tour.

The all-inclusive 7-day road tour travels through California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas stopping at the Southwest’s finest rod shops, car collections, museums, race shops and more. There is a one-time entry fee of $1,500 which covers your nightly hotel, most meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and commemorative tour booklet. The entry fee also includes two tee shirts, two caps, two decals, entry to the Goodguys 21st Lone Star Nationals October 4-6 at Texas Motor Speedway and a special at-event parking area exclusive to Road Tour cars only.

Only 50 spots are available and will be sold on a first come, first serve basis! To register online for the Goodguys Texas Road Tour and view the daily itinerary, www.goodguysroadtour.com For questions, contact Ed Capen with Goodguys (e-mail inquiries will be answered as soon as possible) [email protected] or by phone (602) 821-3146.

andrewb70
05-23-2013, 09:40 AM
Goodguys is happy to announce a special new Texas Road Tour this fall that will take rodders from Goodguys World Headquarters in Pleasanton, California to the 21st Lone Star Nationals at Texas Motor Speedway. The Goodguys Texas Road Tour blasts off from Pleasanton, CA Friday, September 27th and lands at Texas Motor Speedway Thursday, October 3rd covering 1,969 total miles. The newly built, all yellow, 525-horsepower Goodguys G/RS 1969 Camaro will pace the tour.

The all-inclusive 7-day road tour travels through California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas stopping at the Southwest’s finest rod shops, car collections, museums, race shops and more. There is a one-time entry fee of $1,500 which covers your nightly hotel, most meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and commemorative tour booklet. The entry fee also includes two tee shirts, two caps, two decals, entry to the Goodguys 21st Lone Star Nationals October 4-6 at Texas Motor Speedway and a special at-event parking area exclusive to Road Tour cars only.

Only 50 spots are available and will be sold on a first come, first serve basis! To register online for the Goodguys Texas Road Tour and view the daily itinerary, www.goodguysroadtour.com For questions, contact Ed Capen with Goodguys (e-mail inquiries will be answered as soon as possible) [email protected] or by phone (602) 821-3146.

The website seems to be busted...

Andrew

Goodguy Ed
05-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Not sure what is going on with the link but here is the other one that will get you there.

www.good-guys.com/goodguys-road-tour

Thanks Goodguy Ed

SparkyRnD
05-24-2013, 04:58 AM
would be cool to have concurrent events, one starting from somewhere on the east coast (say North Carolina, Charlotte maybe) and one that starts in Cali, then have them both head towards the middle of the country. Could have both sides meet up at a final destination where east races west at a facility in the middle of the country.

ChevelleNV
05-24-2013, 05:53 AM
Wish my car was done, I would so do this...

Goodguy Ed
05-24-2013, 08:44 AM
We are working on doing something each year and having them start in different places and meeting at one event. This year it is just the one from our office to the TX event. This cruise is going to be really cool and a lot of fun.

Hope you guys can come on the tour..
Goodguy Ed

73z-6sp
06-08-2013, 07:56 AM
kgkdgkgk

73z-6sp
06-14-2013, 05:05 PM
fjsjhj

Goodguy Ed
06-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Sorry I have been on the road doing events and didn't have a chance to reply...my bad.

The trip needs to be from start to finish with the 50 cars as that is how we are able to ge tthe rooms and let the stops know on food. It would be hard for us to have this moving up a down and give the right numbers to the stops and hotles.
Come to P-town and start with us!
Ed

73z-6sp
06-18-2013, 08:35 PM
hjdghkjdgk

qnitro
06-18-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm in !!!!! Please make sure I'm on a list :)

Goodguy Ed
06-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Kevin,
I do not see you on the list. Did you send in with payment?

The area from Globe to Showlow will be some of the best driving during the trip.
Can't wait to air out the Goodguys Camaro on that section.
Ed

rockytopper
06-20-2013, 12:52 PM
The drive from Globe north really is beautiful!

You guys better enjoy that view cause when you hit NM western border your in for some of the longest most boring scenery and lazer straight roads known to man kind all the way to Fort Worth. I would have chosen a more northerly route thru the mountains. Just saying..... good news the speed limit is 75 out there.
Have a safe trip see ya at the track in CowTown.

Goodguy Ed
06-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Just a quick update on the tour.
We are adding a few stops in NM and we now have a final place to meet in TX with dinner.

This tour is shaping up to be one of the best tours Goodguys has done, so make sure you are a part of it.

I will be leading the tour with the new Goodguys 69 Camaro that RideTech is finishing up and Kirk the Goodguys Magazine Editor will be along for the ride and taking pictures of the places and people.

Don't miss this great tour as it is limited to 50 cars.

Head over to the web site and join in the fun.

Goodguy Ed

Goodguy Ed
07-24-2013, 06:40 AM
As some of you may know, George Poteet said at Goodguys Columbus that he would be driving the 69 Torino that won the Goodguys Street Machine of the Year on the Tour to Texas and he also said he would pay for the other four finalist to be part of the tour. What a great guy!!!

How would you like to tour the country with George Poteet and Troy in the 69 Torino along with Goolsby in the Lokar 69 Camaro, Troy from BBT Customs in the 69 Firebird and Jimmy Shaw with the Greening built 67 Nova. Well you have the chance as we have a few spot left on the tour to TX that are open.

George also offered to do this for the Street Rod finalist and Ron Cizek's 40 Ford that won the Riddler Award and the Goodguys Street Rod of the Year will be driving on this tour as well.

If you want to be part of this epic tour just sign up with your payment that includes the hotels rooms, follow trailer, Museum entries, shirts, caps and most meals.
www.goodguysroadtour.com

I will be leading the tour in the Goodguys 69 Camaro that RideTech is building, Bret Voelkel from RideTech will also be on the tour as well as Gary "Goodguy" Meadors in his Chrysler Convertible.

Don't miss this tour as it will be talked about for many years.
Ed

Goodguy Ed
09-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Regisration for the TX tour will close this Tuesday so make sure if you are going that you have the form in before then.
We have a few spot left at this time.

This tour is going to be a great time.
Ed

Red67Mustang
09-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Being in Virginia, and just now seeing this thread, I won't be able to make it for the tour... My loss. But, if next year includes an east coast equivalent... I'm in. This sort of event would be awesome!

Thx!

Goodguy Ed
09-25-2013, 01:49 PM
The Texas Tour starts this Friday. We will be adding pictures to Facebook, Twitter and the Goodguys web site. www.good-guys.com

Follow along with us as we drive cool hot rods from northern California to Texas.

Goodguy Ed