PDA

View Full Version : Goodguys AutoCross Finals Shootout over $10,000.00 to win

Goodguy Ed
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Here are the rules and the way to qualify to be part of the first AutoCross Finals Shootout to be held in Scottsdale AZ in November 2013.

There will be over $10,000.00 going to the winner in cash and prizes and payout to the top four.

Goodguys 2013 AutoCrossFinals Shootout Presented by BFGoodrich Tires.

Goodguys2013 AutoCross Finals Shootout will be held at the 16th SouthwestNationals event in Scottsdale AZ on November 15-17, 2013. This will be thefirst time Goodguys has a yearend shootout with prize money and nationalbragging rights for the winner. Below is information on how you can be part ofthe AutoCross Shootout.
There willbe a total of 24 cars with 24 drivers for the finals shootout.
Three waysto get into the Finals are; be the fastest at a National event, be in the topof the PRO class or race your way in at AZ.
1. The fastest time of the event classesby Saturday for each of the eleven National events before November 2013 will automaticallybe entered into the finals. At the time of the competition ending the fastesttime winner will be asked if he or she wants to be in the finals. The car thatthey are driving will be the car they must drive in the finals. If they do notwant to be part of the finals or if they do not want to drive the car of thatevent they can decline. The next eligible fastest time will then get the inviteand must go through the same Final process. They must then sign the AutoCross Finals Shootout Agreement stating thatthey will take part in the shootout with the car they ran at the event. If someone is the fast time at more than oneevent the next fastest time eligible will be entered so we have eleven entries fromthe events. Once a car and or driver are in the Finals that driver and carcannot get into the finals a second time.
2. We will have the top nine from thePRO class that are not already entered into the finals to increase the field totwenty cars. This will be combined points of all classes to get the top nine.The nine will need to drive a car they received points with during the seasonfor the Finals Shootout. They can also decline and we will take the nexteligible racer to fill the field to twenty car.
3. Four spots will be open for someoneto run fast time at Scottsdale on Friday to get into the field, we will takethe top four times that are eligible to make a twenty-four car field forSaturdays action packed shootout. Friday will be reserved for the top 20 topractice and for fast cars to race their way into the finals.

The toptwenty cars will get a free entry for their car and two weekend people passes tothe event in Scottsdale. Goodguys will be paying the top four places of theShootout, 1st $3000.00 2nd $1250.00 3rd$500.00 and 4th $250.00. BF Goodrich will also have GiftCertificates for a set of tires to the top four racers. There will be a featurein the Goodguys Gazette on the winner of the Finals and a Billet Awardpresented during the awards on Sunday. The winner will also receive the following:A Snap-On Tool Box (Valued at $7000.00) with the AutoCross Logo and become oneof the Goodguys Terrific Twelve of the year winners at Scottsdale. This eventmaybe filmed for later broadcast.
The formatfor the event will be as follows: Friday there will be twenty pit spots for thepeople already in the finals and they will run with anyone trying to race intothe finals. Friday we will take the top four not already in, to set thetwenty-four car field for Saturday. Saturday from 9am to noon we will let thetwenty-four cars run as many laps as they want to get their fastest time forqualifying for the Shootout. At 1:30pm we will start the elimations on a 24 carPRO ladder. By the end of the day we will have the winner of the first GoodguysAutoCross Shootout presented by BFGoodrich Tires.
Anyquestions please contact Ed Capen [email protected] ([email protected]) 925-218-9139

RobNoLimit
07-30-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm getting fired up about this. Some of the field is set, and some spots are open.
Current entrants are: Brian Hobaugh, Mary Pozzi, Roger Burman, Tom McBride, Rob MacGregor, Larry Woo, Kevin Miller, and Brian Finch. There are three transfer events left to go. Indy, Ft. Worth, and Charlotte. - for these events I'll throw out some names of some I know of in the hunt. Bob Bertleson, Jeff Schwartz, Bret Voelkel, Jimi Day, Yancy Johns, and Danny Popp. - But there's only three spots. Some of these guys are stackin up oints as well.
The next nine spots come from the points standings. I'm guessing that the top five are in for sure. Mike Maier, Stacy Tucker, Bret Campell, Chris Smith and Jim McGitton. Then there's four spots open in points.
The crazy thing will be the friday 'race-in' spots. There's only four. I doubt too may will venture from the east or mid-west for this, so I expect to see names like Dan Wieshaar, Mike Hickman, Matt Alcala, Rodney Prouty, Kyle Newman, and Herb Lump.
Needless to say this is a fast and tough group. Just for sport I'm gonna do a pick-6 for the semi final round (four spots) Mike Maier, Marry Pozzi, Brian Hobaugh, Roger Burman, Rob MacGregor, Kevin Miller. So, who do you think can make the cut? Pick six that you think might be in the final four.

Craig510
07-30-2013, 11:40 AM
I will be road tripping (driving) my falcon out there. It will be a battle to get one of the open spots in the final, but win or loose it will be one heck of a weekend.

bret
07-30-2013, 11:45 AM
...and not me in the semi finals?! Brother...where's the LOVE?! :)

Your top 6 pick is a tough, but not unlikely selection. Here is mine:

* Roger Burman
* Brian Hobaugh
* Danny Popp
* Mary Pozzi
* Rob McGreagor
* Bret Voelkel

I'll be in Scottsdale...one way or the other...and I'll be fast [or fabulous...or something]. And I might do it on something other than a coilspring.

bret
07-30-2013, 11:46 AM
I hope Goodguys brings extra bleachers and bathrooms for the autocross.

GrabberGT
07-30-2013, 11:55 AM
I'll be in Scottsdale...one way or the other...and I'll be fast [or fabulous...or something]. And I might do it on something other than a coilspring.

Bringing the Mustang out for the first time this year?

What happened to Bret Campbell? I think he'll be in the hunt as well.

I need a travel budget. Its going to be a heck of a showdown.

71RS/SS396
07-30-2013, 04:38 PM
...and not me in the semi finals?! Brother...where's the LOVE?! :)

Your top 6 pick is a tough, but not unlikely selection. Here is mine:

* Roger Burman
* Brian Hobaugh
* Danny Popp
* Mary Pozzi
* Rob McGreagor
* Bret Voelkel

No love for Kyle either.

73CPCAMARO
07-30-2013, 08:23 PM
This Goodguys Finale will be huge! The entire field is going to be strong and a blast to watch. I believe about 5 - 8 other drivers will be fighting for my 6th spot. I give the nod to Roger Burman as it seems like he is on a roll.

Here are my top 6:

* Brian Hobaugh - 65 Corvette
* Mike Maier - 66 Mustang
* Danny Popp - I am assuming he will bring his 72 Corvette
* Mary Pozzi - 72 Camaro -
* Rob McGreagor - 69 Chevy Truck
* Roger Burman - 70 Camaro

Rod
07-30-2013, 09:05 PM
I hope to scare some of those top names....just a little:box2:

RobNoLimit
07-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Bret, sorry man, plenty of love for ya. My choice came down to you, Brian Finch, or Kevin Miller. I gotta say, kevin has been really impressive. He's gaining ground so fast, I'm sure he's got a lot left (well, that was the idea any way) So, he got my 'wild card pick. Brett Campbell will make it in on points, and he will be fast. - Lots of RideTech shocks in the final four, no matter what.

mpozzi
07-31-2013, 08:05 AM
You guys just put the Jinx on me ...

I'm bringing some home-made brownies for all of you.

Mary P.

Goodguy Ed
07-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Hey well I am glad you guys all are figuring how big this event is going to be. And Yes we ordered more bleachers and bathrooms for the event.

With only three events left to win fastest time and four events to gain points this is going to be a fight to the end. Don't forget that this race is after SEMA an we will have a bunch of guys coming from the Optima event to try and race their way in...could be some sleepers in that mix also.

The three events left to get the overall fastest time are Indy, the Big TX track and Charlotte where you never know DSE could get in from that event. Remember they gave up Ryan Mathews fastest time at Columbus which gave it to Brian Finch, was that the thing to do or not???

Then we still have Pleasanton for guys to get a few more points to shuffle the nine that get in on points.

To say that this AutoCross event is going to be the BIGGEST of the year maybe an understatement....

One more note on this, you guys will need helmets for the finals...Bring them with you.

Goodguy Ed

Project92rs
07-31-2013, 09:24 AM
You guys just put the Jinx on me ...

I'm bringing some home-made brownies for all of you.

Mary P.

You bring the brownies. The locals will figure out how to get everyone in the mood the night before...... ;-)

GrabberGT
07-31-2013, 09:43 AM
Hey well I am glad you guys all are figuring how big this event is going to be. And Yes we ordered more bleachers and bathrooms for the event.

With only three events left to win fastest time and four events to gain points this is going to be a fight to the end. Don't forget that this race is after SEMA an we will have a bunch of guys coming from the Optima event to try and race their way in...could be some sleepers in that mix also.

The three events left to get the overall fastest time are Indy, the Big TX track and Charlotte where you never know DSE could get in from that event. Remember they gave up Ryan Mathews fastest time at Columbus which gave it to Brian Finch, was that the thing to do or not???

Then we still have Pleasanton for guys to get a few more points to shuffle the nine that get in on points.

To say that this AutoCross event is going to be the BIGGEST of the year maybe an understatement....

One more note on this, you guys will need helmets for the finals...Bring them with you.

Goodguy Ed

Any chance for a live webcast for those of us who are budget limited? Bangshift does a great job and Chads always a blast to listen to.

Pontiac Chris
07-31-2013, 12:07 PM
I can't wait for this event, talk about an all star shoot-out, hopefully Chad will be back, we've missed him at the last three GG Scottsdale events, looking forward to getting a few runs in myself.

Goodguy Ed
07-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Any chance for a live webcast for those of us who are budget limited? Bangshift does a great job and Chads always a blast to listen to.

Oh Chad is to big for Goodguys!!!!! Not really he has been busy and has a live web cast that same weekend.
We are working on video now for this event and maybe it can be live for all the AutoCross people that can't make the trip.

Goodguys was able to get a few great guys to announce this year along with Chad was his partner Brian and Tim Strange and Charles Hendrickson.
It has been great to listen to other guys during the year.

Looking forward to this event and how this all goes down.
Ed

67zo6Camaro
07-31-2013, 06:19 PM
Bringing the Mustang out for the first time this year?

What happened to Bret Campbell? I think he'll be in the hunt as well.

I need a travel budget. Its going to be a heck of a showdown.

Thank You Chris.... No love from my so called friends Rob and Bret. I will be there and have been working on car regularly. Rob knows I do have some secretes and I will try my best to impress. If I'm not mistaken... I have been able to provide some fast times that put some of the best drivers slower than me.... Hint Bret, Rob, Marry, Brian... I'm just saying LOL.

I look forward to the upcoming events as I have felt left out with everyone being back east. Late Aug I will be at the SoCal Challenge, also planning on Silver State Classic, Texas and Pleasanton GoodGuys. Obvious Optima is on my list if I get invited.

Cheers.

Goodguy Ed
08-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Well we are down to the last four events that you can earn PRO points to get into the Finals in Scottsdale AZ. Goodguys will be taking the top 9 PRO Class points leaders that are not already in the Finals.
Remember you have three event left to qualify and four to gain points to be in the finals.

Here are the top eleven not into the finals at this time:
Mike Maiers-----43 points-----66 Mustang
Kyle Tucker------32 Points-----70 Camaro
Josh Leisinger---31 Points-----68 Camaro
Bret Voelkel-----29 Points-----33 Ford
Stacy Tucker-----27 Points-----69 Camaro
Brett Campbell—18 Points----67 Camaro
Chris Smith-------15 Points----68 C-10
Tim McGilton----14 Points----70 Camaro
Jimi Day, Jeff Schwartz and Ryan Mathews all tied at 11 points.

We still have the fast time winner at the last three events that will get in automatically so this is going to come down to the wire and there is also the four open spots at Scottsdale that will be raced into on Friday.

Here's who's already in the finals:
Roger Burman----70 Camaro
Rob MacGregor---67 C-10
Brian Hobaugh---66 Vette
Brian Finch-------70 Camaro
Mary Pozzi-------72 Camaro
Kevin Miller------69 Camaro
Larry Woo-------67 Camaro
Tom McBride----68 Camaro

No Ford's or Mopar's????????

This is going to get interesting for sure.

RobNoLimit
08-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Thank You Chris.... No love from my so called friends Rob and Bret. I will be there and have been working on car regularly. Rob knows I do have some secretes and I will try my best to impress. If I'm not mistaken... I have been able to provide some fast times that put some of the best drivers slower than me.... Hint Bret, Rob, Marry, Brian... I'm just saying LOL.

I look forward to the upcoming events as I have felt left out with everyone being back east. Late Aug I will be at the SoCal Challenge, also planning on Silver State Classic, Texas and Pleasanton GoodGuys. Obvious Optima is on my list if I get invited.

Cheers.

Now don't get all up in a bunch. And, why didn't you commit to a pick-6? I know you'll be fast, I'm counting on it. I'm hoping you get to Brian, Mike or Mary before me, and pull off the outsider upset. :) - anyway, if you need anything let me know. - Caravan out to the Silverstate?

67zo6Camaro
08-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Now don't get all up in a bunch. And, why didn't you commit to a pick-6? I know you'll be fast, I'm counting on it. I'm hoping you get to Brian, Mike or Mary before me, and pull off the outsider upset. :) - anyway, if you need anything let me know. - Caravan out to the Silverstate?

Lol, you got me... not sure I want to stick my head out for the pick-6. But, here it goes.

1-2 spot battle... Mike M, Brian H, Danny P
3-4 spot battle Rob M, Mary P, R Burman
5-6 spot battle Brett C, Bret V, Brian F, Kyle T

Crazy thing is there is at least 5 top drivers that have way more consistency putting down times, Then there is another group of drivers, Fast sometimes, that can match the top 5. However, even a few more that can beat some of the fastest times. Wow, I'm with you Rob... I'm getting fired up also, and no one is really safe and/or a guaranteed.

You going to Silver State with me? lets do it! bucket list and Optima Qualifier... Then you and I can truck it on over to Texas GG.

Yes I need to pick something up from you...at your shop. When can I come? Txt.

Thanks again Rob for all your insight over the past few year.

Brett

Goodguy Ed
08-07-2013, 06:08 AM
Brett, Looks like you are going to make it in with your points unless something really changes at the last few events. This Finals Shootout is going to be great to watch and be part of for all the participants. I have heard of a few guys that are just coming to try for the last four spots that will make things interesting and may throw a wrench in the guys you are looking at for your top six. I was told by Kyle Tucker that he will not be able to run as the Baja is that same weekend and he may get a ride in that.

Going to get real exciting....
Ed

bret
08-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Brett, Looks like you are going to make it in with your points unless something really changes at the last few events. This Finals Shootout is going to be great to watch and be part of for all the participants. I have heard of a few guys that are just coming to try for the last four spots that will make things interesting and may throw a wrench in the guys you are looking at for your top six. I was told by Kyle Tucker that he will not be able to run as the Baja is that same weekend and he may get a ride in that.

Going to get real exciting....
Ed

...champion for 1 freaking year and I have to take a provisional...:(
Whatever...just like in high school...I'll take it however I can get it :)

At the VERY least...I'll be there to watch Tom McBride run the 48 Hour Camaro [qualified at Nashville]! My luck would be to get in on points, draw Tom the first round, and get beat!

or like Ed said...there may be players show up to get the last 4 spots and ALL the regulars go home early.

Fun cubed.

RobNoLimit
08-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Indy is your home town. Go OWN it. That would put a new twist on things

Goodguy Ed
08-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Rob,
Bret should go out and OWN it at Indy....I think Josh Lesinger has a new deal he is putting together also and bringing it to Indy, could be that he gets in with fast time which then takes him out of the top nine in PRO points.

You're also going to see DSE there in force making sure they get to be part of the Finals...
Hey however you get in, just make sure you're part of the show.....
Goodguy Ed

Goodguy Ed
08-08-2013, 02:17 PM
OK we finally had a chance to go back through the tech cards to make sure when we are on the road we did not make any mistakes on the points. And we did.....sorry.
Here is the OFFICIAL Points as of right now before the last three events.

PRO Name Points Finals
PRO Rob MacGregor 63.5 IN
PRO Roger Burman 49.5 IN
PRO Mike Maier 43
PRO Kyle Tucker-Detroit Speed 38
PRO Josh Leisinger 31
PRO Bret Voelkel-RideTech 29
PRO Stacy Tucker-Detroit Speed 21
PRO Brian Hobaugh 19 IN
PRO Brett Campbell 18
PRO Brian Finch 17 IN
PRO Chris Smith 16
PRO Tim McGilton - JetHot 14
PRO Jimi Day - Optima 12
PRO Mary Pozzi 11 IN
PRO Kevin Miller 11 IN
PRO Jeff Schwartz 11
PRO Ryan Mathews - Detroit Speed 11
PRO Deb McGilton - JetHot 11
PRO Jason Brady-Ridetech 9
PRO Britt Marolf-RideTech 9
PRO Greg Thrumond 7
PRO Cheryl Herrick - Jet-Hot 7
PRO Larry Woo 7 IN
PRO James Crosby-RideTech 4
PRO Matt Buts - Detroit Speed 4
PRO Tom McBride 2 IN
PRO Aaron Leeper 0
PRO Bob Boileau 0
PRO Craig Johnson 0
PRO Dan Ault 0
PRO David Wheeler 0
PRO Don Chemello 0
PRO George Dias 0
PRO Kurt Janish 0
PRO Lee Thompson 0
PRO Mike Hickman 0
PRO Wayne Milelzeik 0
PRO Bob Cross 0
PRO Tom Colby 0
PRO Chris Jacobs 0
PRO Tyler Gibson 0
PRO Justin Dermody 0
PRO Dany Popp 0
PRO JB Granger 0
PRO Todd Holdren 0

Finals Brian Hobaugh 65 Chevy Corvette S-AZ
Finals Roger Burman 70 Chevy Camaro S-TX
Finals Mary Pozzi 72 Chevy Camaro Del Mar
Finals Tom McBride 68 Chevy Camaro Nashville
Finals Rob MacGregor 69 Chevy C-10 Colorado
Finals Larry Woo 68 Chevy Camaro Mass
Finals Kevin Miller 69 Chevy Camaro Des M.
Finals Brian Finch 70 Chevy Camaro Columbus

If you come to an event as a PRO and do not make the top ten you still get one point and we forgot to do this for some. Also at one event Stacy Tucker got Kyle Tucker points so this has all been corrected.
With all that is up for grabs these points mean more now than ever and that is why we checked them again.
Good Luck at the last few events.
Remember the top nine in points that are not already in will get the invite....
Ed

DTM Racing
08-08-2013, 07:20 PM
This is getting exciting. Those last 4 spots are going to be hard to squeeze into. I'm still trying to decide what car I'm going to bring between the Road Runner, Challenger and the Mustang!

Rod
08-08-2013, 07:41 PM
This is getting exciting. Those last 4 spots are going to be hard to squeeze into. I'm still trying to decide what car I'm going to bring between the Road Runner, Challenger and the Mustang!

I don't know about you but Im bringing a bazooka to this gun fight

Goodguy Ed
08-09-2013, 06:04 AM
You might want to bring all of them to better you're chances with the guys that are going to be gunning for those last four spots!!!! Just saying!

I will be putting on the schedule for the Finals Weekend up soon so you all know how it will work.

Goodguys Ed

Goodguy Ed
08-09-2013, 07:03 AM
OK here is the schedule for the Finals Weekend. If you have any questions please e-mail me. [email protected]

Goodguys AutoCross Finals Shootout 2013 Presented by BFGoodrich Tires

Friday November 15th.
9:00 am practice and runs to get fast times of the day. Break for lunch from noon to 1:00pm. Continue runs for fast time and practice until 4:00pm.
(This will be all participants and the cars already in the finals for practice)
At 4:15pm we will announce the top ten fast times that will be in the run off on Saturday Morning.

Saturday November 16th.
8:30 am Drivers meeting....
9:00 am we will have the ten last chance participants run two laps to get their fastest time to win one of the four remaining spots for the finals. (If time remains we will let the 20 cars in the finals run a practice run before 11:00am)
Once the top four are decided the 24 car field will be ready to qualify.
11:00 am we will start the first two rounds of qualifying, each of the 24 cars will get two runs before lunch and two runs after lunch. (lunch will be from noon to 1:00 pm)This will set the 24 car ladder for the finals.
2:30 pm we will start the eliminations. The #24 qualifier will start and work our way up to the #1 qualifier, always starting from the bottom of the ladder. (If you do not make it to the starting line with-in two minute of your time to run you will be disqualified and we will not go out of order or skip a group). At the end of round 3 we will have our top three moving forward to round 4 and three participants that will run a mini shootout for the fourth position since at that point they would not of raced against each other. This will decide the fourth place winner.
Round four and five will be run right after the fourth place winner is decided.
By 5:00 PM we should have the 2013 AutoCrosser of the Year and the winner of the Finals Shootout.

Sunday November 17th.
All American Sunday Late model AutoCross from 8:00 am to noon.

All of the 24 participants will be required to run the Goodguys AutoCross Finals Decal for the full event and in the winner’s circle.

There will be NO passengers on Saturday of the event for the Autocross.
All Goodguys AutoCross rules will be enforced for the event.
Helmets are NOT required for Goodguys AutoCross.
All times subject to change.

Here is the ladder we will be using for the finals.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/08/2013AutocrossLadderII_zps10d5eb84-1.jpg (http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/69nomaro/media/2013AutocrossLadderII_zps10d5eb84.jpg.html)

As you can see there will be a mini ladder for the fouth place spot. (R3 Losers)

Hope this helps with planning your event weekend, this is going to be great!!!!!

Goodguy Ed

struck by Lightning
08-10-2013, 08:19 AM
We are planning to attend, watch the big show on Saturday and run the truck on Sunday.

RobNoLimit
08-12-2013, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the updates and corrections Ed. Looking forward to a great event. Still a lot of fast guys not in it. Looks like the points cut off will be around 24 or so. Some fast guys with 0 points could be tough. Danny Popp needs a win in Indy or Charlotte, Yancy Johns could be a surprise in Charlotte or Texas, Brett Campbell is set to go to Texas, Rodney Prouty's puttin in OT to be in Scottsdale. Thanks Goodguys for making this so much fun.

Goodguy Ed
08-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Rob, No problem...We are making this exciting..
Did you get the e-mail I sent Tina?

I have been flooded with e-mails about the final four spots and how crazy Friday is going to be. Goodguys will be running as many runs and may even run late on Friday to give as many runs as possible. With so many guys traveling a long ways for the four spots we will do our best to give them as many chances as we can.
I have also been told by a few guys that they will be coming to Pleasanton if they do not make Optima to practice for AZ. Could shake up the points at the very end....
Goodguy Ed

jb@ridetech
10-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Looks like I might have a chance to make it in now :)

Goodguy Ed
10-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Vintage Vettes Face off at Goodguys Finals Shootout
Scottsdale, AZ - Back in 1970s and 80s SCCA and NCCC AutoCross competition, the families of Ohio’s Herb Popp and California’s Steve Hobaugh lived thousands of miles apart but traveled similar paths. Both ran vintage Corvette’s, both were fast and both were always at the top of the field in Solo competition. Between them, they won a bunch of division and regional titles. Always at their sides were their young sons Brian (Hobaugh) and Danny (Popp).

The cars (Hobaugh’s red ’65 ‘Vette and Popp’s blue ’72) were eventually mothballed as both families pursued newer AutoCross machinery and other interests. As the decades went by, those two young boys who grew up spending their weekends in cone-strewn parking lots honed their fathers’ bygone craft becoming AutoCross titans in their own right. As interest in vintage Muscle Cars and Pro-Touring machines heightened in the new millennium along with the emergence of the Goodguys AutoCross program, both Popp and Hobaugh remade their father’s machines into modern day menaces.

Both Corvettes were unearthed from their respective garages. Suspensions were updated, motors tuned and freshened and paint was rubbed out as the two second generation hot shoes sought to continue the family legacy in original iron, or in this case, fiberglass.

On November 16th atop a smooth parking lot at Westworld in Scottsdale, Arizona, the original Hobaugh and Popp family Corvettes will lock horns for the first time in nearly 20 years, going toe to toe as they seek to beat out a national field of the country’s quickest Muscle Cars.

The occasion? The 1st annual Goodguys AutoCross Finals Shootout. The Shootout’s 24-car field is deep and contentious, featuring the quickest cars from every Goodguys National AutoCross event of the year, plus the 9-quickest PRO class drivers.

“He and I are friends,” Danny Popp said of his cross-country Corvette rival Brian Hobaugh. “It’s a special thing that our two Corvettes are getting back together after nearly 20 years. He and I have been doing this for a long time. We’re both fierce competitors.” In their one and only head to head meeting in their father’s Corvettes (during the SCCA Solo National Championships event in 1996), Popp was fortunate enough to come out on top with Hobaugh finishing a close second.

The Goodguys Shootout field is full of hard chargers. Popp admitted both he and Hobaugh will have their hands more than full. “This event is going to be a full-on dogfight, one the fans won’t soon forget” he said. “You’ve got 11-time SCCA Solo Champion Mary Pozzi and 6-time Champion Mike Maier who also raced midgets. Then you’ve got all these Goodguys Champions – guys like Brett Voekel of Ridetech, Rob McGregor of No Limit Engineering , Ryan Matthews of Detroit Speed along event winners and fast guys like Larry Woo and so many others. Collectively between Mary Pozzi, Mike Maier, Brian Hobaugh and myself, there are nearly 25 SCCA Solo National Championships. It’s going to be the biggest AutoCross Shootout I can remember.”

The action gets started Friday, November 15th as practice runs commence for the entire field. Four slots in the 24-car field will be available for competitors to race their way into Saturday’s Shootout. Goodguys will pay the top four finishers in the ‘Shootout with $3000.00 going to the winner, $1250.00 going to the runner-up, $500.00 going to 3rd place and $250.00 going to 4th place. The winner will also receive a customized Snap-on Tool Box (Valued at $7000.00), a gorgeous billet aluminum trophy as well as being named one of the year-end Goodguys Terrific Twelve award winners. BF Goodrich will also hand out gift certificates for a set of new tires to the top four finishers.

The Goodguys AutoCross Finals Shootout starts Saturday, November 16th @ 9am. For a complete list of entrants, event rules and schedule, click here: https://www.good-guys.com/autocross-finals

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/10/brian_zps1a14faee-1.jpg (http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/69nomaro/media/brian_zps1a14faee.jpg.html)
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2013/10/Danny_Popp_72_Corvette_zps3aba0bc7-1.jpg (http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/69nomaro/media/Danny_Popp_72_Corvette_zps3aba0bc7.jpg.html)

Hope you can come and see this exciting event.
Goodguy Ed

GrabberGT
10-16-2013, 11:56 AM
GREAT STORY!!! Going to have to settle for the live feed though.

Dusold
10-16-2013, 06:10 PM
This promises to be a great event with some amazing driving, and wicked fast cars and trucks. Will the Corvettes be able to hold off all of the other cars? Is Rob going to sneak off with the trophy in the back of his truck?? Is someone going to come out of nowhere and surprise everyone at the end? I can't wait to find out!!

GrabberGT
10-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Just noticed Mike Maier just upgraded to 315's on all 4 corners and the Roush should be back in. Uh-Oh! Is a Ford going to spoil the party?

Smittys
10-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Looks like the field should be close to being set...

71RS/SS396
10-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Looks like the field should be close to being set...

Pleasanton could be the wild card that could shake up the bottom of the points. With Sema and Ousci not many will be able to make that event, so it might make things interesting.

Smittys
10-27-2013, 06:43 PM
It will be interesting to see who runs in Pleasanton. Me and Deb are in we can't be caught.

Craig510
10-27-2013, 07:24 PM
I'll have my Falcon out in Pleasanton for sure. It will be my first shot at points this season. I'm going for 11 points which would put me at the top of the bottom, but Maier will be hard to beat. As long as l make a few good runs I'll end up with a few points. Depending on who makes the trek I may have a shot at a finals spot without having to race my way in. Only three weeks away. Totally pumped

71RS/SS396
10-28-2013, 01:19 AM
I'll have my Falcon out in Pleasanton for sure. It will be my first shot at points this season. I'm going for 11 points which would put me at the top of the bottom, but Maier will be hard to beat. As long as l make a few good runs I'll end up with a few points. Depending on who makes the trek I may have a shot at a finals spot without having to race my way in. Only three weeks away. Totally pumped

There's no win in spot at Pleasanton, only points.

RobNoLimit
10-28-2013, 11:16 AM
The table is almost set. The last points-in spot is open, but there are only a few contenders. Cheryl Herrick has 13 points, as does Jimi Day, and Greg Thurman is siiting with 7. I will count him a possible due to the Pleasanton autocross. Greg needs 7 points to pass Cheryl and Jimi, and he is capable of doing it, but if Cheryl shows in P-town, it will be a lot tougher for Greg. Jimi will be at the OUSCI, so he is done picking up points. Now, if Cheryl goes and picks up 3 points or more, and Greg picks up 8 or more, then Jason Brady will get bumped as well. I don't really see anyone else making a move. That will leave the last four race-in spots for Scottsdale. Only a few weeks to go. Who is going to Race-In?

71RS/SS396
10-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Rob, I'm hearing rumors of some east coasters possibly making the trek out to race in.
I think this will be interesting to say the least

RobNoLimit
10-28-2013, 03:35 PM
The more the merrier. Bring it on.

Goodguy Ed
10-30-2013, 07:10 AM
The table is almost set. The last points-in spot is open, but there are only a few contenders. Cheryl Herrick has 13 points, as does Jimi Day, and Greg Thurman is siiting with 7. I will count him a possible due to the Pleasanton autocross. Greg needs 7 points to pass Cheryl and Jimi, and he is capable of doing it, but if Cheryl shows in P-town, it will be a lot tougher for Greg. Jimi will be at the OUSCI, so he is done picking up points. Now, if Cheryl goes and picks up 3 points or more, and Greg picks up 8 or more, then Jason Brady will get bumped as well. I don't really see anyone else making a move. That will leave the last four race-in spots for Scottsdale. Only a few weeks to go. Who is going to Race-In?

Rob, I think your right about who can still get in or bump the other one out. I think I have been told that Cheryl will be coming to Pleasanton to see if she can get in with points. There may not be alot of PRO guys at Pleasanton so she has a pretty good chance of getting in. Jimi and Jason are not going to Pleasanton so they could get bumped right at the end and have to race into the Finals.

It is down to the wire and we still have a few spots up for grabs. Also may look for Stielow to show up for one of the final four spots.
Goodguy Ed

RobNoLimit
10-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Rob, I'm hearing rumors of some east coasters possibly making the trek out to race in.
I think this will be interesting to say the least

Good showing in NC Tim. that had to shock a few people. :)

71RS/SS396
10-31-2013, 01:16 AM
Good showing in NC Tim. that had to shock a few people. :)

Thanks Rob, I may not win it in Scottsdale but I hope to at least put a scare into a few people.

RobNoLimit
11-11-2013, 06:14 PM
T - 85h 47min and counting. We are locked and loaded

bret
11-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Already in Scottsdale. Ready.

DTM Racing
11-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Fresh clutch for the Challenger and a nut and bolt on the Mustang, I'l be rolling in Thursday afternoon!

Rod
11-11-2013, 09:59 PM
pretty sure I will be there, suspension is set, just trying to squeeze some RPM's out of the motor, if MSD will quit giving me the B.S. runaround

struck by Lightning
11-13-2013, 06:17 AM
We missed Pleasanton but the truck is ready to go out to AZ.

GrabberGT
11-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Oh Chad is to big for Goodguys!!!!! Not really he has been busy and has a live web cast that same weekend.
We are working on video now for this event and maybe it can be live for all the AutoCross people that can't make the trip.

Goodguys was able to get a few great guys to announce this year along with Chad was his partner Brian and Tim Strange and Charles Hendrickson.
It has been great to listen to other guys during the year.

Looking forward to this event and how this all goes down.
Ed

Alright. I need some help with this one. Cant get ready for the show as the details of the Webcast have not yet been divulged. Please, if you are in the know .... Ed, fill us in. I dont want to miss the action.

Mae615
12-12-2013, 01:26 AM
I will share very soon.