PDA

View Full Version : 1969 C10 Driver!

Johnny Blaze
11-14-2012, 09:40 AM
This is my truck, thread titled Air Force 69. Am in the process of buying a new home and my drive is going to get even longer, so I need to get rid of one hot rod and get something with better MPG!

As much as I hate to do it, I am putting my daily driver 1969 C10 for sale. This truck has a great history, bought new by the US Air Force and stationed at Bowmen Field for most of its life, as the mechanics truck for the Civil Air Patrol. I got the truck 3 years ago, drove it for 6 months then tore it apart for rebuilding. I pulled the bed and front end off the truck, striped the frame to bare metal and epoxy sealed it all.

Front end.
A Arms, spindles, and centerlink foo a mid 70's truck, bigger parts.
The following are new,
A Arm Bushing, polyurathane
Inner and outer tierods and adjusting sleeves
Upper and lower ball joints
Inner and outer wheel bearings and seals
6 lug conversion front Rotors
Brake Calipers, hardware, hoses and pads
Idler arm
1.25" CPP Front Swaybar with poly bushings
3" drop springs from CPP with 1/2 coiul cut off
Poly bumpstops
CPP Shock reinforcing brackets
Toxic Front shocks for lowered application
All Front Brake lines are new Stainless steel
New Brake Master Cylinder and prop valve

Rear
Front control arm mounts flipped
Rear control arm poly bushings
CPP Full length Adjustable trck bar conversion
CPP Rear shock relocators
Toxic shocks for lowered rear
CPP 5" Drop rear springs
Poly Bumpstops

1 piece driveshaft with new solid u joints
Rear has 3.73 gears, fresh mobil 1 Synthetic fluid.

New Blazer style rear mount gas tank conversion with new sending unit and Strainless steel tank to front fuel line

Transmission is a 1960's Muncie M-20 wide ratio. Filled with Redline synthetic oil. Shifts very smooth. Has a Hurst Competition Plue Shifter and install kit.

Interior has new reproduction black carpet. Full dynamat style sound deadner lining floor. New Stainless steal sill plates. New Grant Classic steering wheel and install kit. Summit 2 5/8" oil, water and volt gauges. 3 3/8" Mooneyes Vintage style tach. New interior rear view mirror, new glovebox liner, new pedal pads. Custom 6x9 brackets for behind the seat from 73-87chevytrucks.com Profile 4 channel amp under seat.

Exterior has patina, mild rust as they all do but not as bad as most. Has new rockers tacked in, have new driver inner rocker not installed, and lower inner and outer patch for pass door not installed.
DDM HID Headlight conversion and LMC Heavy duty headlight harness installed with 8000k bulbs.
New high output horn.

Engine is a fresh rebuild 355

1978 010/020 block.
New GM cast Crank
New GM Powdered Metal Rods
New SPeed Pro hyperutectic flat top pistions
New Hastings rings
New GM rod and main bearings
New Comp Cam xtreme energy 234 cam
New Howards Lifters
New Comp Magnum Double roller timing chain with lock plate
New GM oil Pump
New Oil pan, timing cover and valve covers
New ARP studs and bolts throughout
New Felpro gaskets including One Piece oil pan gasket
New GM Crate motor Heads
New Edelbrock Performer Intake
Numbers matching Quadrajet carb proffesionally built and modified for this truck
New Proform HEI
New JEgs mini starter
New Alunimun Hi flow water pump
New JEgs harmonic balancer
New Hays 30lb flywheel
New Crank and water pump pulleys

Engine has only seen Brad Penn Oil
New 94 amp alternator , truck converted to internal regulator

New 3 Row Aluminum Radiator, new radiator mounts
New 16" electric fan on a thermostat shwitch, no mechanical fan

New Exhaust system. 2.25" manderl bent with thrush 2 chamber mufflers and h pipe dumps behind rear tires with 2010 Camaro tips, sounds killer!

Way more details to share! Tons of recipets!

The truck was put back on the road in August. Everything was new never used before then! I have put almost 4000 miles on it since then! I drive it 70 miles round trip everyday to work. It runs great, 52psi of oil, nver gets above 200f with a 195 thermostat and the fan switching on at 200. Gets about 14 mpg now. A t5 swap would get it closer to 20. I'm gonna do this swap if it doesn't sell, only reason for selling is due to the commute and buying a new house, and could use some cash.

Also has NEW 235/60/17 Tires on 17" wheels. Stock wheels with tires as well.
Go to protouring.com and look up AIR Force 69 for the details and pics on this truck.

Feel free to email me with questions, I can send pics having issues getting them here.

I am not desperate to sell. Prefer cash but will consider partial trades on other GM stuff, camaross firebirds malibus s10s of interest.

$6500!

Johnny Blaze
11-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Here is the thread.

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?66652-Air-Force-69

As of right now, I am driving this truck daily, about 70 miles round trip. Does great, just using a little more gas than I can afford. A T5 swap is the key, but I don't have time and am looking at another house that will add to my commute!

Johnny Blaze
11-15-2012, 05:47 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/08/d8349e779a56e647ddb755be86fd8f6a-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/11/39200def-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/07/24abda1b-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/09/a0755d1e-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/09/6c26c41f-1.jpg

Yelcamino
11-15-2012, 05:55 AM
Good looking truck! I vote you keep it and find a cheap commuter car because you know you're going to miss it!

Johnny Blaze
11-15-2012, 06:01 AM
Good looking truck! I vote you keep it and find a cheap commuter car because you know you're going to miss it!

Thanks, and I agree, but I'm just too poor to have all these hot rods, and the Camaro will never leave, so its this one. Hey, its not too far for you, perhaps Ridetech could use another? I'll take partial store credit!

corvettekid1973
11-15-2012, 08:04 AM
I see you're a local guy. Nice truck good luck with sale

Johnny Blaze
11-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Yep, thanks.

Stuff not mentioned in post,

new motor mounts and transmission mounts
New clutch pressure plate and throwout bearing
New clutch pilot bushing
New exterior mirrors
New lug nuts, extended lentgh rear wheel studs
New stainless steel bed mounting hardware

brownz
11-16-2012, 05:19 AM
great truck for the money. Wish I had the cash. good luck with the sale. Bump

bret
11-16-2012, 06:15 AM
I'll be back from Cali on dec. 1. If you've not sold it by then, we'll talk. Nice truck!

Johnny Blaze
11-16-2012, 06:32 AM
great truck for the money. Wish I had the cash. good luck with the sale. Bump

Thanks! I'm getting some interested parties. Kinda suprised, guess i should have started at a higher price, I really don't want to seel, but I need too.

Johnny Blaze
11-16-2012, 06:33 AM
I'll be back from Cali on dec. 1. If you've not sold it by then, we'll talk. Nice truck!

Sounds good!

Johnny Blaze
11-17-2012, 06:47 AM
Its wierd, in the last 3 days since I put this up for sale, I have had more random people on the street come up to me and say how much they like this truck, then in the past 2 months of driving it! It must be a sign.

Looks like I have a couple non locals interested in it though, so we'll see what happens.

Johnny Blaze
12-07-2012, 07:32 AM
truck is supposed to be leaving for its new home today! Will post when its confirmed for any interested parties.

Got a lot of interesting trade offers.

Johnny Blaze
12-08-2012, 05:49 AM
Truck is sold and on its way to Charlotte North Carolina!

BLWN1
12-08-2012, 09:03 PM
:-(

brownz
12-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Congrats on the sale. someone got a nice truck!!

12-09-2012, 05:56 AM
(x2)