PDA

View Full Version : 64 ford truck, shortbed

birdsandbowties
11-09-2012, 02:27 PM
i have a 64 ford short wide bed 2 wheel drive truck for sale, right now it is at the media blaster getting all the 10 coats of paint blasted off, this truck is extremly solid and 99%rust free, it is a rolling chassis and has matching bolt pattern all the way around 5 on 5 1/4 , twin i beam front and newer ford rear end that has same pattern as front, i will post up some pics after i get it back from the blaster monday or tuesday, i got it out of alabama so there is no title since alabama doesnt have titles on something this old, has a new ppg front window and i have all the glass and door parts, truck is stripped to the bone but still attached to frame and rolls really easy :) i would like to get 1500.00 out of it or close offer, if you are interested shoot me a pm and i will send pics when i get it back from stripmasters, i would hate to part out such a clean truck, it would make a killer shop/parts getter truck, my home # 850-564-0072 Jim ,delivery or meet halfway is negotiable

Rick D
11-09-2012, 05:45 PM
What model is it??

birdsandbowties
11-10-2012, 10:27 AM
here is a pic of the grille and the emblems that were on the fender, also there is no hole for a radio in the dash, so its probably the basic simple truck, i was gonna shave off all the emblems anyway and smooth the tailgate, still may do that if it doesnt sell, i will have pics of a naked truck in a few days,Jim

birdsandbowties
11-17-2012, 06:49 AM
here are pics of a naked ford truck, very little rust, all rust spots can be fixed with small peices of metal, no body panels need to be replaced, if it doesnt sell in about 2 weeks i am going to build it , 1500.00 or offer/trade ?

Rick D
11-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Very nice, I wish you were closer. I really want to build a truck!

Johnny Blaze
11-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Very nice, I wish you were closer. I really want to build a truck!

My C10 is only a state away!

That is a solid Ford you got there! That body style is gaining populatiy, at least in my area. Good luck with the sale!

birdsandbowties
11-17-2012, 01:56 PM
i have been thinking about the build and have also come up with a project name for it , i am going to work on the title next week, i think i found a vin # on it , but its hard to read since its 48 years old, i work at a body shop and we can do a mech lien on it if i can find a vin i can read, there is a tag on the drivers door but its seen its better days, anyone know of anywhere else i can find the vin #? the original motor is long gone and i dont think the rear end is original, i am a chevy guy but always thought these trucks were cool ( wish it was a unibody then i wouldnt sell it ), and you are right they are getting popular and this one is so solid, it had a sbc in it before i got it as a roller, when i get done with it (if i build it) it wont have any signs of ford on it , all chevy ! if it doesnt sell, there will be a build thread in about 2 weeks , i havent built myself anything in about 6 years,,,,,,,,,,so its time !!

TurboLark
11-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Maybe a tag in on the glovebox door?

birdsandbowties
11-18-2012, 07:37 AM
nope, nothing there, there is one on the drivers door , but the numbers cannot be read, it was covered with about 4-5 layers of masking tape and been on there for many years, i scraped it all off and the numbers are very rough
Maybe a tag in on the glovebox door?

TurboLark
11-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Well, only thing i can sugest is to lightly paint the tag, the use a scotchbrite pad to lightly knock the paint off the higher numbers.

birdsandbowties
11-20-2012, 07:03 PM
i am going to give that a try, got a 4 day weekend and work is going to start on it , it will be in the project section by saturday
Well, only thing i can sugest is to lightly paint the tag, the use a scotchbrite pad to lightly knock the paint off the higher numbers.

rmk600
11-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Hey Jim. This is Scott's buddy Ryan w/ orange '69. My dad has a 69 F100 that he's owned since '72 and it's a rust bucket. Is this the same body as '69? I might try to come check it out this weekend. I'm super interested. I'll call tomorrow.