PDA

View Full Version : Goodguys 2013 Schedule Released

GoodguysMktg
10-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Goodguys Rod & Custom Association celebrates their 30th anniversary in 2013 marking three decades of promoting and producing some of the nation’s favorite rod & custom events.

Goodguys will stage nineteen dynamic events in 2013 welcoming a wide range of hot rods, customs, muscle cars, trucks and classic cars to the country’s premier event venues. The Pleasanton fairgrounds in the San Francisco Bay Area will host 4 events, while Westworld in Scottsdale, Arizona and the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas will host two events each. The biggest event of the year – the Goodguys 16th PPG Nationals returns to the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, Ohio July 12-14.

Sixteen of the 19 events will feature a Goodguys AutoCross which is FREE to all registered Goodguys event participants. The “All American Sunday” program, which welcomes all years, makes and models of American made or American powered vehicles on Sunday-only will return in 2013.

For vintage drag racing fans, two popular Friday Night Vintage Drag programs featuring sportsman and exhibition cars will be held July 12th at National Trail Raceway in Hebron, OH and July 26th at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA.

CLICK HERE TO PRINT OUT YOUR 2013 GOODGUYS SCHEDULE (https://www.good-guys.com/pdf/GG_Schedule13.pdf)

Rod
10-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the great events over the years, adding the autocross to most of the events is a great move, many PT drivers have a good time driving those peanut tracks you guys build, Chad does an awesome job announcing, I would like to thank the autocross sponsors for there support and hope 2013 is good for you guys, congrats on the 30 year acheivement, and see you at the track

quarterbooty
10-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Did the Midwestern Nationals at the Kansas Speedway get scrapped?

Goodguy Ed
11-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Nick, yes the Kansas event is not on for 2013.

Goodguys will also be announcing a new AutoCross Final Shoutout next week. Stay tune!

Goodguy Ed

quarterbooty
11-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Ed,
Thanks for the reply. Any particular reason why the Midwestern Nationals got cancelled? I know that weather and track construction hurt attendance this year, but previous years were well attended from spectators and vendors. There's not a lot of events around here, so I hate to see this one go away.

Later-A-body
11-06-2012, 12:40 AM
I would like to get some clarification on the April 2013 Del Mar event. Up until today I was under the impression that this was an All American Sunday event. This was great news since I have been looking forward to the change that will finally allow me to participate with my 1973 Pontiac. But today I spoke to a member of the GG staff who informed me that Del Mar is a national event, and is strictly '72 and earlier. According to the GG message on this forum, it is an All American Sunday. Please clarify this for me. Thank you.

Tomswheels
11-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Longer autocross courses at Del Mar PLEASE!

SicMonte
11-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Will you have the "All American Sunday" autox at Columbus this year?

xxxturbo6
11-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Allow us with 1986 cars to run in a normal class with everyone else, instead of this Sunday only stuff! I would attend GG events more but will not travel to only run my car on one day only....

After all it does have "Antique" plates on it!

Any possibilities of this happening for us? ( Goodguy Ed / GoodguysMktg ) ??

SicMonte
11-09-2012, 10:51 PM
allow us with 1986 cars to run in a normal class with everyone else, instead of this sunday only stuff! I would attend gg events more but will not travel to only run my car on one day only....

After all it does have "antique" plates on it!

amen brother!!!!!

thedodgeboys
11-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Nick, yes the Kansas event is not on for 2013.

Goodguy Ed

OK I got your letter but why not try a different venue if the track wants to much money or you wanted to pay less?
Would it do any good to call the track or are you all done with the KC market?