PDA

View Full Version : '69 Firebird Convertible - pro-touring mods

steve g
08-14-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm selling my 1969 Firebird convertible, which has a few pro-touring mods. Some of you may have seen my posts and a few pics on here awhile back.

The car started out as a 350 2bbl automatic with deluxe interior and power top in midnight green with black top and interior. It had a modest restoration done and was repainted bright red a couple of years before I bought it in 2007. When I purchased it, I rebuilt the entire drive train, suspension and steering, adding some pro-touring components.

The car now has a 1971 Pontiac 400 block, bored .030 with stock rods and crank, TRW forged pistons, KRE aluminum heads with stainless valves and Comp Cams beehive springs, Comp Cams XE 274 cam, Edelbrock RPM intake, MSD billet distributor, RARE long branch manifolds, Magnaflow 2.5" stainless exhaust with X crossover, Bowtie Overdrives 2004r level 2 automatic with 2500rpm lock up converter, Hughes deep finned aluminum pan, transmission cooler with fan, aluminum radiator with dual 1500 Maradyne electric fans and shroud, flow cooler water pump, 750 Demon carb, K&N air cleaner, electric fuel pump.

The steering and suspension upgrades include: '92 IROC steering box with power steering cooler, Moog drag link, pitman arm and tierod ends, Speedtech tubular upper and lower control arms, Hotchkiss lowered front springs, Hotchkiss front sway bar, Edelbrock front shocks. The brakes are new stock Pontiac power front discs with new drum rears. Wheels are 15x7 Rally 2 with BFG radial 245 front and 255 rear tires, with trim rings and center caps. Also included but not yet installed are Hotchkiss subframe connectors specifically for the convertible. The cocktail shakers have been removed, but will be included. Currently the car has an open, stock Pontiac 10 bolt rear end with a highway gear. I ran out of money before I was able to swap it for a posi. The car also has a smooth firewall with one of the Detroit Speed heater core block of plates welded in as a vintage air system was planned, but never purchased.

The interior of the car is all new and includes an in-dash tach and stacked rally gauge cluster. The original console was removed to make way for the Gennie shifter for a cleaner look. There is a hump hugger console that has a secret audio receiver with mp3 connector and a small powered subwoofer in the trunk. The entire interior was also covered with Thermo-tek cool-it mat before the new carpet was installed.

I'm also including the original 350 engine, which had been rebuilt before I bought the car and a lot of spare parts.

If you're interested, please email me at [email protected] and I'll send photos. The car is in Winter Park, FL. I'm asking $29.5K.

You can see some of the pictures here:

'69 Firebird photos (http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/red1969bird/)

steve g
10-12-2012, 02:12 PM
I'm selling my 1969 Firebird convertible, which has a few pro-touring mods. Some of you may have seen my posts and a few pics on here awhile back.

The car started out as a 350 2bbl automatic with deluxe interior and power top in midnight green with black top and interior. It had a modest restoration done and was repainted bright red a couple of years before I bought it in 2007. When I purchased it, I rebuilt the entire drive train, suspension and steering, adding some pro-touring components.

The car now has a 1971 Pontiac 400 block, bored .030 with stock rods and crank, TRW forged pistons, KRE aluminum heads with stainless valves and Comp Cams beehive springs, Comp Cams XE 274 cam, Edelbrock RPM intake, MSD billet distributor, RARE long branch manifolds, Magnaflow 2.5" stainless exhaust with X crossover, Bowtie Overdrives 2004r level 2 automatic with 2500rpm lock up converter, Hughes deep finned aluminum pan, transmission cooler with fan, aluminum radiator with dual 1500 Maradyne electric fans and shroud, flow cooler water pump, 750 Demon carb, K&N air cleaner, electric fuel pump.

The steering and suspension upgrades include: '92 IROC steering box with power steering cooler, Moog drag link, pitman arm and tierod ends, Speedtech tubular upper and lower control arms, Hotchkiss lowered front springs, Hotchkiss front sway bar, Edelbrock front shocks. The brakes are new stock Pontiac power front discs with new drum rears. Wheels are 15x7 Rally 2 with BFG radial 245 front and 255 rear tires, with trim rings and center caps. Also included but not yet installed are Hotchkiss subframe connectors specifically for the convertible. The cocktail shakers have been removed, but will be included. Currently the car has an open, stock Pontiac 10 bolt rear end with a highway gear. I ran out of money before I was able to swap it for a posi. The car also has a smooth firewall with one of the Detroit Speed heater core block of plates welded in as a vintage air system was planned, but never purchased.

The interior of the car is all new and includes an in-dash tach and stacked rally gauge cluster. The original console was removed to make way for the Gennie shifter for a cleaner look. There is a hump hugger console that has a secret audio receiver with mp3 connector and a small powered subwoofer in the trunk. The entire interior was also covered with Thermo-tek cool-it mat before the new carpet was installed.

I'm also including the original 350 engine, which had been rebuilt before I bought the car and a lot of spare parts.

If you're interested, please email me at [email protected] and I'll send photos. The car is in Winter Park, FL. I'm asking $29.5K.

You can see some of the pictures here:

'69 Firebird photos (http://s1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh504/red1969bird/)

Car has been sold.