PDA

View Full Version : th350

nova385
07-25-2005, 04:44 PM
I took my car to the track the other day and my ET's were terrible, my trans doesnt have a kickdown cable. Would it make a big difference on my ET's when I add the kickdown cable.

MarkM66
07-25-2005, 05:10 PM
Not sure I'm following. A kickdown cable is just that, it'll kick it down to a lower gear when you're trying to pass, or get on the gas.

It will do nothing at wide open throttle.

As long as you can shift at the rpm you need to. Look elsewhere to better your et's.

deadcarny
07-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Give us more info.... ET, 6o ft, MPH, 1/4 or 1/8?

Moose
07-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Not sure I'm following. A kickdown cable is just that, it'll kick it down to a lower gear when you're trying to pass, or get on the gas.

It will do nothing at wide open throttle.

As long as you can shift at the rpm you need to. Look elsewhere to better your et's.

but if he left it in drive it will shift early.. That would be my guess, since we don't have all the info..

nova385
07-26-2005, 08:50 AM
My best et for the 1/8 of a mile was 10.01 at 71 mph I really can remember my 60 foot times, to tell you the truth I really dont want to remember cuz my times were so terrible, I was really expecting a little better, at least to get in to the 9's. I was taking off on drive when I got best et and it did feel like it would shift to early. When I tryed taking off on 1st I would spen the tire through most of it then when I would shift to second it wouldnt pull as much. And I am hoping that this kick down cable would make a difference.

Keep in mind that I dont have gears/posi or slicks, I just a few weeks alway from installing these things on the car. Every thing is pretty much stock except for the 383 stoker motor I installed into my nova.

JLM
07-26-2005, 09:22 AM
The kick down won't do anything for you in this situation. it just causes the transmission to downshift from a higher gear for passing purpouses.

Get yourself some good tires and a posi unit if you are blowing the tires off in 1st gear. You'll drastically lower your ET then. Also think about ditching some weight from teh car. It's easier to go faster when you are lighter.

CAMAROBOY69
07-26-2005, 09:56 AM
I took my car to the track the other day and my ET's were terrible, my trans doesnt have a kickdown cable. Would it make a big difference on my ET's when I add the kickdown cable.

If you dont have a kickdown cable the tranny WILL granny shift. Meaning it could shift at 4,000rpm instead of a preferred 5,500.
Manually shift that thing and I guarantee you will run a better time. Or just hook up your kickdown cable.
Do you have a tachometer?

Keep in mind that I dont have gears/posi or slicks, I just a few weeks alway from installing these things on the car. Every thing is pretty much stock except for the 383 stoker motor I installed into my nova.
Thats definetly the other problem. You cant expect any kind of results until you at least get a posi in there or limited slip.

nova385
07-26-2005, 01:13 PM
thanx guys, I report back in a few weeks after I install the posi and gears.