PDA

View Full Version : Banks 68 Camaro for Sale

Banks68
07-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Hello Pro Touring Friends, I have decided to reduce my price on this car to $65K. This is as low as i will go and i want to offer to you all first. I have an option on the table for a trade(low mileage 2009 Z06 corvette and $15,500K cash), i may take up the offer. But before i do here ya go.

My name is Greg Banks, I have a 68 camaro i would like to sell. You may have seen this car through the years on this website.

I have been a long time viewer and member of this website and know this audience would truly understand my camaro and would truly appreciate this car.

So here we go.

Engine Compartment

540 Big Block professionally built by Cropper Racing engines in Flemingsburg KY
760 Hp and 755 tq dyno sheets if requested idles around 700 rpm and gets 12-15 mpg on highway
MSD 6AL Box with Rev. Limiter set at 6,000 rpm--dyno actually peaked at 6200 on HP but want to keep the engine healthy
Vintage Air Polished Front Runner System-chrome pulleys, polished compressor with hardlines, New Stewart Water Pump (Stage 3), New polished 140 amp alternator(TUFF STUFF)
AC(Gen 2 Technology) blows very cool air in the hot summer months
DSE Firewall Fill Plate
BeCool module system with crossflow aluminum Radiator and high-torque SPAL Fans keeps engine cool even very hot cruising conditions--this car stays around 180 degrees even on the hottest day with the AC on--i have been very happy with BeCool's product with this mountain motor.
Merlin III Block
"Big Brodie" Brodix Aluminum Heads
Brodix Intake
Comp Cam hydraulic Roller (646 lift 248/254 duration) and comp valve trane,
10 1/4 compression
DSE selecta-7 speed wiper kit
New DSE anodized black billet Hood Hinges

Transmission
(bullet proof) Richmond 5 speed with over drive and Long Shifter (600lbs of torque rated) (2500 miles on tranny)
New Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch and new fly-wheel (1000 miles on clutch)

Induction
1000 cfm Holley (professionally built by Wilson Competition in Memphis TN) with a 1/2" inch spacer

Brakes Front
Baer 13" Cross Drilled Rotors
New 6 Piston Baer 6P Front Calipers(Z06 Brake Calipers)
Brakes Rear
Baer 12.5" Cross Drilled Rotor with emergency brake
New 4 Piston Baer Rear 4S(Z06 Brake Calipers)
Adjustable Proportioning Valve
New DSE Power Brake

Suspension
DSE upper and Lower control arms
DSE coilover bracketry
DSE Front End Service Kit
DSE Tubular Tie Rod Adjusters
DSE billet aluminum body mounts 1/2 height with Stainless Steel polished bolts and nuts
Front and Rear 4 way Adjustable Koni Coilovers shocks
DSE Frame Connectors
DSE front Sway Bar
DSE Roll Cage with removable center bar
DSE Quadralink
DSE 600 steering Gear and rag joint(ceramic coated 12:7:1) with their Stainless Steel hose kit
DSE Deep Mini Tubs with shock tower
DSE Stainless Steel Narrowed Fuel Tank with 0-90 ohm fuel sending unit
Rear End
Ford 9" with Mosier 31 spline axles with axle tube and housing support bracket
Detroit Locker True Trac
3:08 Richmond Gear
Wheels
New Budnik Tiller 5's (2500 miles on the wheels)
Front 17 x 8
Rear 17 x 11
Tires
New NTO1's by Nitto--150 miles on the(athese are truly amazing tires fantastic grip around the corners)
315's Rear
245's front
Stereo
Secret Audio system (keeping the AM radio in the car for stock look) w/11 disc changer and AM/FM receiver with remote
JBL Amp and Pioneer speakers
Optima battery (yellow top)
DSE battery relocation kit
DSE Aluminum Optima Battery Mount Kit

Outside of car:
The paint color is Lemanz Blue and was painted in 2007 and still looks great we were also able to keep all the original GM metal--original GM color of car you will note the hood is black. This is a new cowl hood and DSE billet hinges. All the chrome that could be replaced was replaced to include bumpers, door handles, side light reflectors, tail lights--everything--have all receipts. Car has been in two magazines.

Interior
I have always liked the stock look of a camaro. So we kept the interior pretty much stock looking inside with 68 camaro front and rear seats and console. Autometer gauges in console and 5" in diameter RPM gauge and 5" in diameter Speedo in dash. Also installed new 5 point Schroth racing harnesses up front in both driver and passenger. GM seat belts in the rear

GM Tilt Wheel

I live in Northwest AR (Rogers)

Thanks Greg

Work Cell 479-387-5659
My email adress is [email protected] for questions.

Ben Banks
08-01-2012, 02:14 PM
70K--you can't build it for that! Good luck Greg--too bad you are selling out...I MEAN selling your car :)

Banks68
08-03-2012, 03:35 AM
70K--you can't build it for that! Good luck Greg--too bad you are selling out...I MEAN selling your car :)

Thanks Ben, I agree if someone is looking to build a true g-machine camaro and build it right with all the BEST parts and you believe like i do that DSE parts is building a car right, then all the R&D is done and this car is for you. To help sweeten the deal i am willing to throw my like new BIgTEx open car hauler, just put new tires on it and brake. That's a $2800 value. You can reach me at 479-387-5659

Banks68
08-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Bump

Banks68
08-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Bump

Wheel Werkes
08-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Absolutely awesome car Banks. GLWS

Banks68
08-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Thanks David. I appreciate the kind words.

Banks68
09-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks David. I appreciate the kind words.

Did not go with the trade, decided to try for cash. A couple days left. Wish me luck.

5spd540
09-05-2012, 07:03 AM
That is a good deal for that car.