PDA

View Full Version : 71 Maverick "Grabber" roller in North Cali....Trades?

slowbeau
07-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Hello everyone.....

I have a 1971 Ford Maverick "Grabber" roller.....no engine, no trans, no radiator, great very minimal rust body. It's an original 302, 3 speed manual car (floor shift option). Also original 5 lugs drums all the way around. The car spent it's beginning in Arizona, judging by the University of Arizona sticker from the 71-72 school year in the rear window. As solid car for restoration, resto-mod, drag, or wherever you want to go.

Interior ~ The floors are solid, with some surface rust showing up. It appears someone either had, or planned on having a 4 speed top loader or something due to somewhat meticulous provisions made on the trans tunnel for shifter and linkage. The interior was original Gray/Gold. The carpet needs replaced, and the original high back buckets needs restoring. The dash has cracks and the headliner is also falling and needs to be replaced. One door panel is there the other is missing. The drivers window is there and complete, just needs to be remounted on the actuator. At some point someone installed a Tachometer, and tri-gauges. Also I'm not absolutely sure, but I believe the original radio is installed. I have a MoMo steering wheel that's black with yellow script that goes great with the theme. Manual pedal setup is there and intact. A lot of the black you see on the floor, and on the trans tunnel is the factory insulation, or sound deadening material I pulled up.

Exterior ~ As I mentioned the body is very solid. And the paint is factory. Every panel that usually carries rust is dry. Quarters, rockers, fenders, truck, floor (as mentioned), all I can really find is surface areas. The battery tray does however have some rust showing. There are a couple of little dings here and there, the driving lights are missing from the original Grabber grille. The Grabber spoilers are there and intact. The hood is not original, but solid, and it needs to be bolted down. All glass is original with the green tint. The car is rolling on a mix of tires and steelies. One of which maybe an original spare being it's a polyglas tire. Sport mirrors are there and doors close up nice.

Drivetrain~ Again there is no motor, or transmission, or driveshaft. However the original rear axle is there and rolling with would should be a 2.79:1 ration. 4 drums all around (Mavericks didn't get disc brakes until about 74 or 75). The engine bay needs a good wash/paint, but the wiring is still there, even an alternator still hooked up.

I'm not trying to make this car seem like anymore than it is. If you know Fords, and you know Mavericks, then you know what this is. If not, just research Grabber Mavericks, and make an informed decision. Again this is a solid, legitimately rare example of a builder that hasn't been on the road in 27 years. It's not in the system here is CA and I've got a good pink slip, with original keys waiting for you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&item=271023766518&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT#ht_542wt_1165

Trades always considered....just let me know what you have. Thanks and God Bless!

slowbeau
07-26-2012, 07:59 AM
$1000