PDA

View Full Version : 1961 Lincoln Continental (AZ Car)

Chevelle LT1
07-23-2012, 08:41 PM
I know it's not P-T, but a buddy is moving from Phoenix to New York, so I said I would post his ad here (no way this thing will fit in an NYC parking space!). His contact info is at the end of the ad, but I am familiar with the car, and more than happy to answer any questions I can. He is asking $9k

"I am selling my 1961 Lincoln Continental custom project. This is the first year they made the iconic suicide rear door. I removed the original 430 and transmission to upgrade to a 460 and C6 tranny. The 460 has less than 5000 miles on it, and the C6 has no miles on it. The car has custom S&S tri-Y headers and a Magnaflow exhaust. I do not have a battery for the car, but it does run. It has been resting in my carport, so I think the Pertronix system has faded, which they do when they sit. Otherwise, the car runs strong! Some of the underhood goodies are: electric fan, electric fuel pump, and Edelbrock Performer manifold.

One of the most expensive upgrades on the car is the front disc brakes, which have zero miles on them. This upgrade runs about 3000 dollars.

I have all of the stainless steel trim, bumpers, etc. I have removed them all because I was going to send them off for repolish while the car was painted, but I never made it to that step.

The entire underside of the car has been scraped and sprayed with undercoating. The car has new springs in the front, and the rear leafs were re-arched by Valley Spring. The rear brakes were rebuilt and also have no miles on them. The rear end was professionally rebuilt, as was the power steering box. All of the suspension rubber, front and rear was been replaced. The car is sitting on BFG tires that have no miles on them.

Inside the car, I created a custom dash panel using the re-chromed original bezels. Moon gauges now sit where the sweep speedometer once was. LED turn signal lights and dummy lights are hidden in the shifter indicator. All of the vacuum powered options work, as do the window motors. I have all of the interior seats and pieces, but I have not recovered them.

This car is still a project, but all of the heavy lifting has been done for you.

The title is clean without any liens.

Feel free to call, text, or email me.

Thanks,
Dan
480-390-9552"

Chevelle LT1
07-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Bump