PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Super Sunday

SicMonte
07-02-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm so mad/upset/dissapointed I can barely type this. After two solid months of fixing and testing my car to make sure it was good to go for the Super Sunday event at the Columbus Goodguys, I find out that the autox is cancelled for "super sunday".

I registered a couple weeks ago, and joined Goodguys btw, for Super Sunday and made sure that I was able to autox. I would be trailering my car 8 hours so I wanted to make sure I knew everything I could about the event. The lady on the phone took my info, charged my credit card, and gave me tons of info about the event, where to go, who to talk to, where to bring the car on sunday for the autox...everything! I get a reply tonight in the "Columbus Hotels" thread from "Goodguy Ed" saying that there is no super sunday autox at columbus. The autox is a continuation of Friday and Saturday's event. What.........the........

I don't even know what I want...I want my money back for one...but I need something more b/c I have been cheated big time. I have been waiting and anticipating for this event for a long time!! I took off three days from work just to make sure I had enought time to trailer it there. I was going to leave Thursday morning and return on Monday. I don't even know if I am going to the event anymore I am so disgusted with this organization. I'm really dissapointed. Online it says "Super Sunday Autox"...on the super sunday coupon is says autox...it says Super Sunday autox all over the place...they even confirmed it on the phone when I registered for the event.

Thanks for getting my hopes up. I'm done ranting.

Bad94
07-03-2012, 07:34 AM
I thought there was auto x on sunday this year.

Goodguy Ed
07-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Guys, I am sorry for the confusion on this. Last year was the first year we ran the AutoCross on Sunday and it was for the Sponsor Shootout and no participants could run the track on that day. This year we had planned to run it the same way and there still would not of been any AutoCross on Sunday because the Sponsor Shootout would of been that day. We decided in May to switch the Sponsor Shootout to Saturday as the participants were saying they did not get enough runs with the Street Machine of the Year running the track on Friday and taking up there track time. We cut the Street Machine down to 2 passes to give more time to the participants and also decided to do a runoff on Sunday since we moved the Sponsor Shootout. The top four cars in each class from Friday and Saturday will advance to Sunday for a shootout.

I am sorry that you received bad information from the people that answered the phone at the office. We (Under Normal) Super Sundays would have the AutoCross open up to late models but Columbus is to big and the track is under use so much during the event that we decided to run it with out the Super Sunday having an AutoCross.

I am sure this will be discussed for 2013 and beyond as the Super Sunday is turning out to be a big hit at our events and we want to improve on it and not discourage people.

Please call me in the office next week on Tuesday and I will help you get a refund on your entry and the membership if you would like. I am sorry for any confusion that the Super Sunday fliers and promotional items may of suggested.

Office phone. (925)218-9139

Goodguy Ed

Goodguy Ed

446camaross
07-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Yes, what a disappointment. I was planning on running mine on Sunday too. I'm not sure I'm even going to drive it down. Good guys you suck!

Buckeye
07-03-2012, 07:15 PM
The Columbus show is so big you can walk the grounds for two days and not see everything not sure why you guys are so bent when there is a autocross like every other weekend (at least in Columbus) that is more laid back and will allow you more runs as well. I get that you planned to run it but it is not like they canceled it just to screw you, Come out and hang out and meet new people and see some bad ass cars.

Hambone!
07-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Well, for those of us on the East Coast, there are only so many events close enough to be able to attend. Not running out to Mass for a weekend, lose all that time from work plus travel expenses, no thanks. Anytime an event is cancelled, it just sucks all around. Hotel reservations are another story......

SicMonte
07-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Yes, what a disappointment. I was planning on running mine on Sunday too. I'm not sure I'm even going to drive it down. Good guys you suck!

Come on now...we are disappointed but Goodguys does not suck. I'm not bringing my car due to the distance but if it were closer I would still bring it for sure! The show will still be a blast...we just can't participate in the autox. This stuff happens and I am really glad that we found out now and not when we were there!

SicMonte
07-03-2012, 09:25 PM
The Columbus show is so big you can walk the grounds for two days and not see everything not sure why you guys are so bent when there is a autocross like every other weekend (at least in Columbus) that is more laid back and will allow you more runs as well. I get that you planned to run it but it is not like they canceled it just to screw you, Come out and hang out and meet new people and see some bad ass cars.

I for one was so upset bc I really wanted to finally be included in this Goodguys club. I have built this car to autox and this, along with the ASCS events, is the pinnacle of the pro-touring movement. Sure I do a bunch of local ones...but this one was national!!! I will still be at the show no doubt about it!! This is my first Goodguys show and hopefully not my last!

SicMonte
07-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Guys, I am sorry for the confusion on this. Last year was the first year we ran the AutoCross on Sunday and it was for the Sponsor Shootout and no participants could run the track on that day. This year we had planned to run it the same way and there still would not of been any AutoCross on Sunday because the Sponsor Shootout would of been that day. We decided in May to switch the Sponsor Shootout to Saturday as the participants were saying they did not get enough runs with the Street Machine of the Year running the track on Friday and taking up there track time. We cut the Street Machine down to 2 passes to give more time to the participants and also decided to do a runoff on Sunday since we moved the Sponsor Shootout. The top four cars in each class from Friday and Saturday will advance to Sunday for a shootout.

I am sorry that you received bad information from the people that answered the phone at the office. We (Under Normal) Super Sundays would have the AutoCross open up to late models but Columbus is to big and the track is under use so much during the event that we decided to run it with out the Super Sunday having an AutoCross.

I am sure this will be discussed for 2013 and beyond as the Super Sunday is turning out to be a big hit at our events and we want to improve on it and not discourage people.

Please call me in the office next week on Tuesday and I will help you get a refund on your entry and the membership if you would like. I am sorry for any confusion that the Super Sunday fliers and promotional items may of suggested.

Office phone. (925)218-9139

Goodguy Ed

Goodguy Ed

Sounds like this weekend is gonna be a lil bit busy!! Thank you for replying to my post. I really do appreciate it!!

Goodguy Ed
07-04-2012, 03:14 PM
As busy as it is going to be I hope you enjoy looking at cars and being part of the biggest cars show in that area.

Please look me up while your there, I will be around the AutoCross and the Street Machine of the Year area. Just look for the Goodguys official all in Black!!! 100 degree day...

Thanks Goodguy Ed

Buckeye
07-04-2012, 04:18 PM
So Ed you will be the sweaty passed out guy?

bret
07-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Doug...make sure you come over and get a ride in one of the Ridetech cars. We'll make it worth your while :)

SicMonte
07-04-2012, 09:58 PM
As busy as it is going to be I hope you enjoy looking at cars and being part of the biggest cars show in that area.

Please look me up while your there, I will be around the AutoCross and the Street Machine of the Year area. Just look for the Goodguys official all in Black!!! 100 degree day...

Thanks Goodguy Ed

I will try to find you one of the days. We are leaving tomorrow morning and should arrive around 5-ish I hope. We plan to do the show and vendors one day and spend the rest at the autox. This is all subject to change though. We leave to come back home on Monday so we have planty of time!

SicMonte
07-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Doug...make sure you come over and get a ride in one of the Ridetech cars. We'll make it worth your while :)

Don't you worry young man....I will def see you there this weekend!

Erik Beckett
07-07-2012, 03:10 PM
The Columbus show was not very impressive this year! The car count is down alot! I assume due to weather and economy. The Pros Picks had less then 20 cars. I hope next year is better!!!

Goodguy Ed
07-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Erik,
Not sure if you understand the "Builders Choice" area but it has the Street Rod of the Year, Street Machine of the Year and a couple of Hundred other cars trying to get the 20 awards that the builders pick. There was alot of cars that did not get picked so, Less then 20 cars? There was more than that in the Street Rod Class.

The heat was the biggest problem and concern as over 100 degrees and the black top at 140 plus most people could not stay all day.

Goodguys still have great cars and great people that come to the event and the vendor count was up so you could stay inside and do all your car parts shopping.

Hope you enjoyed your day.

Goodguy Ed

Erik Beckett
07-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Goodguy Ed,

I had a great time both days so far and look forward to seeing what super sunday is going to bring as well! But I will say, that in my 8 years of attending the Columbus show with my Camaro, this one had the least amount of cars for sure. And I know/hope its only the heat!!! 3 to 4 years ago, the Pros Picks area use to be full, and that is before they picked them. This year there was 4 spaces in between cars on friday morning. The super high dollar cars were definately down this year. But thats ok, theres still plenty look at and hopefully those are guys are still building for next years show. I will say this, I did not like the move of the special parking sections like Mighty Muscle etc. I feel those are great cars and they are so far disconnected from the rest of the show. I would only see them when I was entering or leaving the show. But the awesome autocross made up for it.

Thanks and keep it up!

Erik

70camaro406
07-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Although the heat is scorching, there are still a ton of nice cars and trucks to see. I came into town Friday morning with my dad, spent all day Fri and Sat there, and will go on Sun until around 1:00, then we'll head home, 6 hr drive. What's making the heat tolerable is going into some of the buildings where the ac is cranking. The building where the band played (which had the awesome Mad Drummer, very entertaining) was very refreshing to cool off in. Thanks for that, Ed!

I'm in the process of building my 70 Camaro and my 47 Chevy truck, and there were many fine examples there to get plenty of ideas from. I also got the good fortune of riding shotgun with Kyle Tucker on Friday in his 70 Camaro on the autocross...second year in a row, and it was still awesome. Thanks again, Kyle.

Hope to meet some of you guys there tomorrow.

SicMonte
07-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Well 2/3 days are now complete for my first Goodguys show. All I can say is...well this.

WHAT AN AMAZING EVENT!!!

We have spent the last two days getting autox rides, hanging out with my protouring buddy's, shopping, seeing a lot of top notch cars, taking chair lift rides, walking for miles, learning from vendors, and drinking gallons of water. I love every minute of it!

I am very impressed how organized and well run this event is! Every night after the show we have gone to the "after party" at the host hotel. This is a whole other story in itself! Hanging out and "quenching our thirst" in the parking lot full of these cars is just amazing.

Tomorrow is the Super Sunday event and I have to be honest...now that I've seen the show...I am wishing that I brought my car too show even if there is no autox for us.

All in all this has been an amazing experience so far! Ed...keep up the good work...it was good meeting you...and I will see you tomorrow/next year!!!