PDA

View Full Version : GoodGuys Hot News

RobNoLimit
06-26-2012, 09:31 PM
As the saying goes, any press is good press. Check out the current story in the Hot News section on the GoodGuys website. This is shaping up to be a good fight.

dontlifttoshift
06-27-2012, 05:35 AM
Rival Trucks to Lock Horns in Des Moines, Columbus

Posted on June 26, 2012 by Goodguys News

-Trent Summers (left) and Rob McGregor had to be seperated in Nashville when their rivalry trash talk heated up. Chad Reynolds (center) looks forward to calling the on-track action in Des Moines and Columbus

A good old fashioned East vs West rivalry has gone from small talk to a big showdown on the Goodguys AutoCross course. In a scene straight out of the Hatfield’s vs McCoy’s, Rob McGregor’s southern California based “Hell Boy” ’69 C-10 and Trent Summers’ Summers & Sons “Saturday Night Special” ’70 C-10 are on a cross country collision course and will meet head to head at this weekend’s 21st Heartland Nationals June 29-July 1 in Des Moines, Iowa. The battle royale will then spill over to the Goodguys 15th PPG Nationals July 6-8 in Columbus, Ohio where both trucks will compete in the Goodguys Sponsor Shootout.

In the Goodguys Sponsor Shootout McGregor will represent Hurst Shifters. Driving for Summers and Sons and representing the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association will be “Bad Brad” Coomer. On paper, both trucks look to be evenly matched. Both trucks run McGregor’s chassis from No Limit Engineering and both trucks run the same trick wide-5 hub racing wheels seen mainly on dirt modified and oval track cars. For sure, both trucks are capable of winning the Goodguys Autocross truck class as well as taking home the ultimate prize – a victory in the Goodguys Sponsor Shootout Auto Cross.

“It will be the first of many matchups…It’s going to be good, said McGregor from his home base of San Bernardino, California.” I’m glad to see there are more trucks coming out to go beat up on the muscle cars. When it comes to racing Trent’s truck, even if I get beat I still win because he’s running my stuff” he said laughing.

Summers, who oversees all aspects of the Goodguys Autocross was a little more outspoken when it came to the East vs. West matchup. “Old ‘ Rob was so worried about getting embarrassed he flew all the way to Nashville in May just to spy on us a little. He’s in for it in Des Moines and Columbus. Hell – I’d even be willin’ to go out to the Des Moines Fairgrounds dirt track and really get it on but he probably doesn’t want to get that dirty.”

Calling the action in both Des Moines and Columbus will be veteran AutoCross announcer and ****-disturber extraordinaire Chad Reynolds. With Reynolds on the mic and tension in the air, it promises to be an epic battle of the tricked out trucks. Make sure and grab your spot on the fence to watch it all go down!

-Tale of the Tape-

Rob McGregor’s No Limit Racing “Hellboy” – ’69 C-10
-Driver: Rob McGregor
-No Limit frame – a full tubular one off experimental chassis built in-house
-6.0 liter LS powered Tremec TKO-600 speed
-Speedway Engineering quick change
-Wilwood wide 5 hubs on custom made 18×12 wheels by No Limit
-Ridetech Triple Adjustable Coilovers on all 4 corners
-BF Goodrich KDW rubber
-Sponsors include Jet Hot, Flaming River, Hurst Shifter, BF Goodrich
-Rob’s thoughts on the rivalry… “There might be a fist fight in the pits. We’ve been going at it on the internet forums for a while now. Now the green flag drops and the bull****ting stops.”

Summers & Sons “Saturday Night Special” – ’70 Chevy C-10
-stock rails, all stock sheet metal (factory proportion)
-LS1 with Z06 internals, carbureted on 93 octane pump gas (475 horse) – built by Cale Kern
-No Limit Racing front end, trailing arm kit
-Winters quick change, Boller 4L80E manual valve body transmission (air shifted)
-Wilwood “wide 5” hubs, Wilwood ultra light calipers, Ridetech triple adjustable coilovers all four corners
-Appleton quick ratio rack
-18×12 18×11 custom wheels
-Falken tires
-Thoughts on the rivalry…“The pretty boy is goin’ down and goin’ down hard. My boys and I are going to show the world how you can build an autocross car on a budget and kick some ass.”

Pictures in here https://good-guys.com/?p=3081&option=com_wordpress&Itemid=220

It should be good this weekend, Plenty of room in DesMoines to get stupid sideways. Maybe you guys should have a drift competition and do some lead/follow........

Goodguy Ed
06-27-2012, 02:38 PM
I heard the Roadster Shop is going to be bringing another C-10 to the fight in Columbus. The Sponsor Shootout on Saturday should be killer.
Smack Talking is on at Des Moines this weekend from what I was told....should be interesting...
Hope you all can come and watch this all fold out.

Goodguy Ed

AutoX_a_Truck?
06-27-2012, 03:04 PM
I heard the Roadster Shop is going to be bringing another C-10 to the fight in Columbus. The Sponsor Shootout on Saturday should be killer.
Smack Talking is on at Des Moines this weekend from what I was told....should be interesting...
Hope you all can come and watch this all fold out.

Goodguy Ed

I was wishing the RS C-10 would be in Des Moines too. That thing is nasty with 345s on the front and rear

Rick D
06-27-2012, 05:07 PM
I was wishing the RS C-10 would be in Des Moines too. That thing is nasty with 345s on the front and rear

And a new RHS 700 hp 500+ inch LS motor!! Remember guys don't bring a knife to a gun fight!!LOL I know the RS boys won't.

RobNoLimit
06-27-2012, 07:26 PM
I know Trent will get this, RS too. How about losers in Des Moines have to shave clean, right there saturday afternoon when the winner is called! I'll do it, How bout a bet guys?

Rod
06-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Do it!!!!!!

521stroker57
06-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Hey donny my bro is bringing his f100 again alittle more power now. Don't count him out

RobNoLimit
06-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Good to hear it. Looks like a full field of fast trucks!

Goodguy Ed
06-28-2012, 12:18 PM
You Shaving your whole head?

RobNoLimit
06-28-2012, 04:40 PM
No, no, just the face.

67zo6Camaro
06-28-2012, 09:20 PM
This is good stuff. My money is on the NoLimit build. Good luck Rob.

Flash68
06-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Rob -- gitter dun! Love the Hellboy.

RobNoLimit
07-02-2012, 05:45 PM
OK, I have to gloat. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's enough. Now it's on to Columbus. If your going, don't miss the Sponsor Shootout. have a great 4 th of July