PDA

View Full Version : i need help with a 700r4

64belair
07-21-2005, 05:29 PM
I just put a 700r4 in my car it had a turbo 350 first and second gear are fine but it will not shift from 2nd to 3rd I am hoping someone has made the same swap and can point me in the right direction. Or tell me what I missed

69Rathead
07-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Go look for the Thread "general 200r4 questions" BadBowtie replies Derek with:

Derek,
Before you begin the conversion take a look at this site http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/index.shtml there is alot of good information there. Take time to read one of the links on the side of the page called "TV System" as this is a pretty important part of the 200r4 ability to shift correctly, remember your turbo 350 has a govenor which helps control the shift and also a "kick down cable". The 200r4 and 700r4 control shifting by a "throttle valve (TV) cable which some people think is a kick down cable but is not. This TV cable adjustment is paramount to a transmission living or dying.

Sounds like a TV cable adjustment may be in order...very important! Don't drive it around until you know for sure. Go to the Bow tie overdrives link as he said they have a ton of good info there. Good luck.

patriot68
07-22-2005, 03:34 AM
check the governor..it could be stuck

myclone
07-22-2005, 07:57 AM
check the governor..it could be stuck

Very possible...

While the tv system is part of when/how the trans shifts the governor is the main component when shifts happen. Is your 1-2 shift late/early? If it isnt then its prolly not the governor and is in the valve body. Will the trans not perform a 2-3 shift at all or does the trans slip when going into 3rd? If it slips then it could be a list of things a mile long but if it just flat out wont shift my money is on something wrong in the VB.