PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Trans Am with full Carbon front clip

tazzz25906112
06-18-2012, 03:17 AM
A well sorted and freshly gone through pro-touring TA, the WarPath Light as it is commonly referred to is ready for a new owner.... I am building a few new Radical F bodies and want to thin the crop so to speak so someone is going to own a great car here....

Some of the highlights include:
-A full Carbon Front clip (body panels forward of the windshield are Carbon products by "Carbon Kustoms Ltd")
-Detroit Speed sub-frame
-T-56 Magnum 6 speed
-Full floater 9" with aluminum pod
-Custom covered in Escalade leather Sparco 505 seats
-WilWood brakes
-475 Pontiac stroker with the new Canted valve CV-1 heads and Jesel roller shaft system

This car carves and handles absolutely fantastic... It has been treated to a fresh overhaul where we re-dyed the interior, cleaned up the paint work and placed a freshly built motor by RP Motorsports in the car...
If you're a early Trans Am fan and like the Pro-touring movement then this should be your dream ride because it is a one of a kind TA that has been well sorted.... Asking $95,000USD call Albert 416-566-9660
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/06/WarPathLight1-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/06/WarPathLight2-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/06/WarPathLight4-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/06/WarPathLight3-1.jpg

johndoe07
06-18-2012, 05:10 AM
sick !!

T_Raven
06-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Don't the fenders and inner fenders add a lot to the structural integrity on 2nd gens? Even with sfcs I would be afraid of things flexing enough to crack all that cf without a cage for more support. Or am I wrong?

tazzz25906112
06-18-2012, 09:21 AM
The front clip of a second gen is in fact in part a structural element, this said your assumptions are not accurate Traven...

I take it you're familiar within "Astronautical Engineering" to utilize that Acronym, yet find it surprising that you would jump to an assessment so quickly on little to no information..... When I started Carbon Kustoms Ltd. we hired an individual that managed a composite department for MacDonald Douglas to guide us in developing our product in order to avoid making errors & assumptions in product application/s.....

tazzz25906112
06-18-2012, 02:29 PM
A good friend of mine dropped me a quick note and caused me to reflect on the wording of my above posting....
Traven the posting was not meant to sort or aggressive in nature,,, and of course dispel any uncertainties...

Ultimately I wanted to convey that the parts are in my opinion very safe and that the construction was specifically designed by a highly trained professional... I have held off the sale of parts for a considerable period of time to ensure we have tested them in real world applications of street driving, road course racing, auto crossing.... We have in my opinion performed due diligence in bringing a safe quality built product to the market place....

I hope this clears up any possible misinterpretations and apologize in advance if any where taken.......

SLO_Z28
06-18-2012, 03:37 PM
I thought the point of CF was that it was as strong as steel if laid right (or even stronger) and weighs considerably less. Yes the inner fenders are structural, but I would think that a new carbon fiber set would have to be at least as strong as a steel set, if not stronger.

On topic with the car, is that fender vent carbon fiber? I think that's a pretty cool touch. Have any close up pics of it?

Mr.VENGEANCE
06-18-2012, 05:07 PM
lawd a mercy!

BuzzKillian
06-18-2012, 05:58 PM
I have seen this car in person and have to say, If I had the means I would jump on it in a second! GLWS

Rod
06-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I like it!!!!!!

T_Raven
06-19-2012, 06:55 AM
A good friend of mine dropped me a quick note and caused me to reflect on the wording of my above posting....
Traven the posting was not meant to sort or aggressive in nature,,, and of course dispel any uncertainties...

Ultimately I wanted to convey that the parts are in my opinion very safe and that the construction was specifically designed by a highly trained professional... I have held off the sale of parts for a considerable period of time to ensure we have tested them in real world applications of street driving, road course racing, auto crossing.... We have in my opinion performed due diligence in bringing a safe quality built product to the market place....

I hope this clears up any possible misinterpretations and apologize in advance if any where taken.......

makes sense when you explain it like that. I guess I was forgetting how much stronger than fiber glass cf can be but the wheels I want for my motorcycle are cf so I should have realized fenders could be designed to be plenty strong if cf wheels can handle what they do.

T_Raven
06-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Beautiful car by the way. You guys have been building my favorite 2nd gens. My new neighbor has a 71 formula in the back yard. If he didn't want so much for it I'd have to buy it and start saving for all your awesome cf stuff :twothumbs

maverickmk
06-19-2012, 10:11 AM
If you're speaking of the former aircraft manufacturer, it's McDonnell Douglas which was taken over by Boeing in 1996. Just saying, if you're going to drop some big names for credibility, you might want to get the spelling correct.

tazzz25906112
06-22-2012, 12:59 PM
LOL Maverickmk,,,, it's a good thing spelling isn't one of the strengths I lean on LOL..... Sometimes the old Brain and fingers just don't connect on the keyboard at 53...

rustomatic
06-22-2012, 09:11 PM
I love that car, but... I can attest to the strength of carbon fiber, however. The fork on my mountain bike has carbon fiber tubes (aluminum steer tube), and I beat the snot out of it every few days, on actual dirt, rocks, etc. I wish I could afford the car, but most of us would probably rather build our own...

SparkyRnD
06-28-2012, 04:27 PM
damn you for taunting me with this car!

tazzz25906112
06-28-2012, 06:05 PM
damn you for taunting me with this car!

It's all good step up son,,,,;-)

SparkyRnD
06-29-2012, 06:49 PM
after Project Sabre is done, the next project will hopefully be a second gen t/a. It will take a while to save up to buy and build one, but yours provides great inspiration

Taman
07-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Where did you get the white seats. I have a white interior in my 75 TA. I love the seats. Whose are they?

BuzzKillian
07-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Here ya go

Some of the highlights include:
-A full Carbon Front clip (body panels forward of the windshield are Carbon products by "Carbon Kustoms Ltd")
-Detroit Speed sub-frame
-T-56 Magnum 6 speed
-Full floater 9" with aluminum pod
-Custom covered in Escalade leather Sparco 505 seats
-WilWood brakes
-475 Pontiac stroker with the new Canted valve CV-1 heads and Jesel roller shaft system