PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever hear of an OD th350?

Ishmael
09-02-2004, 06:32 PM
I know I'm asking a lot of questions tonight but I'm trying to put a decent drive train together and realized I know a lot less than I thought. Some guy had an OD 350 trans with 9 inch tail stock advertised and I had never heard of one. I have a th350 in the firebird now and wondered if this would slip in. Any one know anything about them?
Scott

Kenova
09-04-2004, 12:35 PM
I've never heard of a TH350 with overdrive. In the early '80s GM used a TH350C which had a lockup converter. I've known many people to mistake the locking up of the converter for overdrive. You would be better off with a 700R4.
Ken

Ishmael
09-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Thanks, the guy mentioned he could feel something kicking in. A case of "I think" advertising avoided. I just got my end of summer/back to work pay check and if you saw the tri-ad this last week there was some pretty cool gear advertised. I'm trying to get this project on a fast track yet keep it on budget so when something comes up that sounds good I want to jump on it. It's good to know I've got the advice of people who know better.