PDA

View Full Version : 1968 firebird 400 pro- touring project

jimd71
06-10-2012, 12:36 PM
This is a sad story. Bought this car back in 08 and it was in a barn in Wisconsin since the 80's. It was pretty solid with the exception of the patched shock towers and patched floors. Well drove it home and took it down put it on a rotisserie and started to restore it. Found out it was a real 400 car with deluxe interior. But the motor in the car was a 70 400. And the interior was a 68 camaro standard black interior, so I decided a pro touring detection would be more fun anyway so I wasn't heart broken. So I purchased and entire floor section to the tune of about 2500 shipped that has new frame rails and all from firewall to tail pan.then had it installed with two new rear wheel tubs and tail pan, rocker and quarter. Fenders and inner fender on front are orig to the car. The car was never in an accident . It was vendoro green with black top orig. all parts paint layers matched as it was blasted to bare metal. The complete car. Next I found someone to help me finish the body. Or so I thought. I paid a man from my town with a shop run out of his house 5k to block and paint and mini tub and install the four link. Well he moved away one day and left my car with all the parts for his wife to push out in the driveway and told me to get a tow truck. Well I will make a longer story short. I have no place to keep it and I was screwed so bad I have no cash now to even get it as a roller so I can move it easier. I have almost to much to list. I will name some stuff but not limited to. It was smooth firewall, new dash,all eom glass, new 400 ram air hood (Orem for car) blasted and coated subframe,global west tubular control arms, hotchkis sway bar, poly impregnated graphite bushing master set(entire car) hotchkis tie rods and sleeves and ball joints, cross derided slotted front disc brakes,qa-1 coil overs (adjustable dampening and ride height) Heidts four link rear end , Heidts frame ties, 78 turbo trans am rear end (ten bolt posi disc brakes ) new trunk lid and spoiler, new front air dam . New painless wiring harness and fuse box . Almost all the emblems nos in orig gm boxes.(yes I paid out the ass) mini tub was started on pass side not finished. The car is partially painted black(only hood trunk fenders rest of shell is on the rotisserie. The motor ran great. Then me and a buddy were gonna swap the cam and scratched two bearings. Aftermarket forget pistons and rods so I recommend having it remachined with new bearings and put back together with your cam of choice. The heads are ram air heads , have all parts to re assemble motor. Have new gaskets too.As I do have the turbo 400 trans still that works great and all the parts to re install(driveshaft ect), column,dash,gas tank and console and all trim and odds and end to put car back together as close to stock included. Or you can sell them to buy more custom/pro touring gear. I just can't do it anymore. I have way too much money into it and I can't do anymore. Asking 7500 firm.Just want to throw it out there ,that I will sell it on the rotisserie if someone wants it soon. Jim 708-257-1410 can send pics on request. You can text my cell for quickest response with pics. Or I will try to post them later this week. you will not find a more solid first gen unless you buy a new 12000 dollar shell.title in hand

jimd71
06-21-2012, 02:11 PM
New price

jimd71
06-26-2012, 05:19 AM
anyone?

mtuck
06-26-2012, 08:57 AM
Can you send me some pictures?

[email protected]

Thanks
Matthew

Jpinjun
09-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Would need pictures to seal this deal.

RBEAST
12-25-2012, 11:58 PM
pics we need pics plz

swp2010
12-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Pictures?

jaya22
01-02-2013, 10:38 AM
is the car still for sale can you send me pictures where are u located?

Rod
01-02-2013, 10:49 AM
:postpics:

SShep71
01-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Look at the date this was posted, this post is way out of date.