PDA

View Full Version : CA - SOLID convertible Firebird 1967 400 engine, etc

geberhard
05-29-2012, 01:02 PM
I was going back and forth about selling her, but as I have too much going on, time to let her go.

the car is located in Northern CA, san Francisco Bay Area (Pleasanton close to the Good Guys event area :)

Posting ad I will load on craigslist.

Any questions feel free to touch base. This will be an amazing car to build into a solid g-machine protouring or restore to classic or cruise.

---
pic I have handy, the paint is pretty crappy overall, but car was kept indoors for several years, so extremely solid CA car. Have clean titrle in hand in my name, no back surprise fees, etc.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

If interested, please e-mail [email protected]

Thanks,

Gui

Hi,

This is a very solid Pontiac Firebid convertible project. It took a great amount of time to find a convertible this solid after looking for many years. I was originally planning to build a 1967 Firebird convertible, and after several unsuccessful trips, I finally found a 1968 convertible and started on that project. As faith turns out, after several hours, and a lot of money and time spent on the 68, I later came across this 1967 which is in even better shape, however am already committed in finishing the 68.

I started removing trim, etc, with the car going to a painter. As no progress took place as the car has been on the back burner at the paint shop, I decided to try selling her before investing more time and money, and hopefully finding the right buyer to fall in love with her and finish the car.

The car has extremely solid panels all around, and is virtually rust free; no rust on quarter panels, no rust on floor pan, fenders, doors, etc. There are rust spots on the trunk area (normal for a 40 year plus convertible), which could be patched, however I bought a new trunk pan to make the repair much easier. I have also bought new metal for the car, including a 400 hood with hood scoops (the original 350 style hood is still in the car and also included), lower valance and fender extensions.

I have also bought a 69 GTO Pontiac 400 engine, bored .30 over, with a mild cam, and runs excellent and is ready to drop in the car (was removed from another Firebird). I also have a rebuilt Turbo 400 automatic transmission, as well as several other parts. Interior is all there, including doors panels, front and rear seats, some new weather-stripping, etc. All glass is in the car and installed.

This project should save you a severe amount of effort as a lot of work has already been done removing part form the car in preparation of paint. At this point, I am looking for the right buyer. This will be an amazing project for someone, and much more desirable than a common convertible Camaro, Mustang, Chevelle, or Impala. This car would also make an amazing pro-touring, street rod, hot rod or classic muscle car.

I am asking $9500 for the complete project, and have a lot more invested on the car; with some time and a nice paint job this car will look amazing! The Firebird has a clean title in my name, I have the pink slip on hand, and there are no surprise back fees, the car registration is current and non-op. This is a smog exempt car. Any questions, please let me know. At this point I would rather not part the powertrain from the car, unless I have a solid offer on the car first (i.e. someone looking into installing LS1 engine etc).

Thank you!

grendel
05-30-2012, 05:16 AM
Did this come from Issam, by chance?

PM a price without the drive train, please?

geberhard
05-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Sorry not sure who Issam is? I will send you a pm. Best way to reach me is via e-mail at [email protected]

For those that have contacted me, thanks for teh interest, and feel free to ask any questions. The Firebird is honestly extremely solid, will make a very straight forward build. When I see the builds here of verts that were rust buckets and all that was left of the original bodies I almost cry.

I am located about 2 exits from the Pleasanton Good Guys event in CA (happening this weekend).

Thanks,

Gui

geberhard
06-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Hi, feel free to touch base with me on any questions. Very solid car, took a while to find, new 400 hood, lower valance, etc several parts, body is extremelly straight, pretty much get her painted, drop powertrain in, redo some of teh interior, new top and go cruising :)

geberhard
06-07-2012, 12:58 PM
John, any questions feel free to give me a call. I can help you with shipping, also open to selling without the powertrain (make offer) :D