PDA

View Full Version : LS1 T56 Spec Super Twin CLutch ... Any Interest ??

excessive
05-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Hey guys ,

I found a LS1 T56 for a project we are working on at the shop . It has a viper input shaft already and only has 8k miles . It is a decent deal , but I am really interested because it comes with a new in the box SPEC Super Twin Clutch setup . From what I am seeing and what the guy has told me it was over $1300 for the Clutch setup with Flywheel . He was building the tranny to put behind a 1000 horse Twin Turbo LS . The clutch is WAY more than I need ! !

So I guess I am wondering if there would be any interest from anybody to buy the clutch setup and how much should I ask for it . Like I said it is new in the box (box has been opened )with flywheel and would cost $1300 to buy a new one . Thanks in advance for any info or interest , Mike

Gandalf
05-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Great clutch. Be sure to let people know what model it is specifically. The SuperTwin comes in about 4 different "flavors" for different uses - P-Trim, ST-Trim, E-Trim etc etc - I forget the other(s). Also let people know which flywheel it includes. Most likely the steel one but just to be sure. I'll be selling my PT-Trim SuperTwin next week. Again, great clutch for the right engine/driveline. Good luck with the sale.

G.

excessive
05-26-2012, 08:10 PM
G.
The flywheel is Steel , but as far as what Trim I am not sure . I saw there were a bunch of differences but none of the paper works says which one it is . Are there any markings on the clutch any where ? I guess I could always call Spec and find out if I need to . I am just trying to figure out what kind of price to put on it since it is a completely new setup . Thanks for the response , Mike