PDA

View Full Version : Universal Paddle Shifter: Ford, Mopar, etc.

Steve Chryssos
07-19-2005, 07:33 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT: In addition to our direct fit 67-94 GM paddle shifter, we now offer a universal desing that works in conjunction with 3-bolt steering wheel adapters from Grant Products.
For many decades, Grant Products has offered steering wheel adapters that are splined in the center and accept three 1/4-28 bolts in a triangular pattern around that center. These adapters are available for a wide range of applications. So if you have a 67 Mustang, 69 Charger, or a 55 Jeep or even a pre-67 GM car like a 65 Malibu or 57 Chevy, we can now adapt a paddle shifter for your application. Of course, you still need an electronic trans, manumatic ready trans controller, and aftermarket steering wheel 5-bolt, 6 bolt, or 9 bolt steering wheel.

The universal Paddle Shifter design and initial production run are complete. We are now accepting pre-orders. However, orders will be held until field testing is complete--about two weeks. This important step in the process is designed for your safety. Please be patient. If you'd like to get on the waiting list, you will not be charged until date of shipment.
Check out the pix below (which also show-off our new, shorter paddle design.
/Steevo
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

TonyL
07-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Love the new paddle design.

Larry Callahan
07-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Eventhough I have a six speed I think I need one for something. Maybe a line lock? or????? Something. It's just too cool not to have.

4MuscleMachines
07-19-2005, 04:55 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT: In addition to our direct fit 67-94 GM paddle shifter, we now offer a universal desing that works in conjunction with 3-bolt steering wheel adapters from Grant Products.
For many decades, Grant Products has offered steering wheel adapters that are splined in the center and accept three 1/4-28 bolts in a triangular pattern around that center. These adapters are available for a wide range of applications. So if you have a 67 Mustang, 69 Charger, or a 55 Jeep or even a pre-67 GM car like a 65 Malibu or 57 Chevy, we can now adapt a paddle shifter for your application. Of course, you still need an electronic trans, manumatic ready trans controller, and aftermarket steering wheel 5-bolt, 6 bolt, or 9 bolt steering wheel.

The universal Paddle Shifter design and initial production run are complete. We are now accepting pre-orders. However, orders will be held until field testing is complete--about two weeks. This important step in the process is designed for your safety. Please be patient. If you'd like to get on the waiting list, you will not be charged until date of shipment.
Check out the pix below (which also show-off our new, shorter paddle design.
/Steevo

Is the Shrifter available for a Ford AODE? I am planning on installing an OD trans on the 65 Stang.

Steve Chryssos
07-20-2005, 03:35 AM
Yes. The AOD-E will work.
/Steevo

Steve1968LS2
07-20-2005, 05:29 AM
Eventhough I have a six speed I think I need one for something. Maybe a line lock? or????? Something. It's just too cool not to have.

Turn signals? :D

Steve Chryssos
07-20-2005, 05:51 AM
That would be the world's most expensive turn signal lever. I wouldn't waste my time or money on something as simple as a horn, but the Shrifter CAN be configured to trigger any two momentary or latching electrical switches--not just transmission controllers. Some more appropriate applications would be nitrous arming/activation, gear splitter, air ride or hydraulic suspension, line loc, etc. Relay's are built into the electronics for both channels.

We did sell one to a guy with a rock crawler, but don't ask me what he did with it.
/Steevo

4MuscleMachines
07-20-2005, 08:25 AM
Hmmm, my 65 Stang will soon get the AOD-E and already has a 250 shot of nitrous...very interesting. Looks like I now need the Shrifter for sure!

Steve Chryssos
07-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Awesome!! You'll have a blast while tweaking the WOT map to best "manage" the hit from the laughing gas. :seizure:

Pro-touring towncar
07-20-2005, 09:35 AM
I got your email today Steve. Now I just need to get the tranny and the controller and I am all set. Towncar with paddle shifter way cool.

Tim

Steve Chryssos
07-20-2005, 10:36 AM
Cool. In your case, maybe you should look into scavenging the "mod" engine, trans, ECU, and floor shifter (and maybe seats) from a wrecked Lincoln LS. Then you would only have to splice into the floor shifter's manumatic wiring. It's the long way around, but definietly a cool "pro-touring" plan. You might run into trouble with the ECU looking for ABS and other unrelated sensors.
/Steevo