PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1935 Chevorlet Standard, 50k miles, BARN FIND condition

Hotwire
04-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Hey all,

I know this isn't PT, but trying to get word out. I procured this from my grandfather's estate back in 2010. I had plans to get it running and keep it original, take the kids out to get ice cream, parades, etc. Unfortunately I have not got the drive to work on this car, I do not know what the issue is. Anything that makes it into my garage leaves completely operational and well maintained. The only thing I've done to this is pull the plugs (blue crown plugs), squirt oil into all the cylinders, and turn the engine over by hand, reinstalled the plugs, and basically turned it into a shelf. I started researching the car, accumulated a couple parts catalogs and service manuals which will be included in the sale. 3 of the 4 tires have held air for 2 years. Have 4 NOS tires that are included, but I do not have tubes to go with them.

It's sat in my garage for 2 years and I haven't done anything to it. The spider webs tell the tale. I've done 2 engine swaps, brought a 78 CJ7 back from the dead, and countless maintenance items for friends/family/coworkers in the time I've owned this. Enough :nopity:..

The car has 50,3XX miles on the odometer, it looks as if someone pulled it into a garage / barn and left it. It has a 1954/55 inspection sticker in the windshield and a oil change notification that was in the door jamb dated 3/28/55. There's DD grease caked around all the suspension joints. Everything is "there", minus battery (still 6v system), radiator cap, and air cleaner. All glass is present with no cracks, all doors are solid, wood is solid as well. The roof is pretty much gone and will need to be replaced.

I moved this from my garage on 4/6/12 to make room for a 5.3 swap into my s10. At this time I realized I need to send it on it's way to someone that will make more of it than I did. If you have any questions, please let me know I'll answer them to the best of my abilities.

I have 87 pictures hosted on photobucket: http://s778.photobucket.com/albums/yy69/Hotwire454/1935%20Chevrolet%20Standard/

Asking $8750, car is located in Greensboro, NC, if you'd like to come check it out, I welcome all, it's a great conversation piece.

Thank you,

Jeff

Hotwire
04-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Price is negotiable.