PDA

View Full Version : Who's going this year

Denvervet
04-14-2012, 07:28 PM
i've got my rooms booked and hoping to get all the bugs worked out on my ride. i haven't seen much forum chatter for this and last years event.....what gives?

Trevor @ Texas Speed
04-14-2012, 08:37 PM
We'll be meeting up for the last few days of the PT, starting in Miami, OK. I'm hoping to have all the bugs worked out of my '61 wagon, too, so she's ready for the 1,300-mile cruise up to Miami and back. She's currently getting the Kicker sound system installed, and I still have to install the new radiator, get windows tinted, get door alignment corrected so they seal better, install cruise control, etc. It should be a blast! Definitely say hi if you see a red '61 wagon on Air Ride.

Are you doing a few legs of it or the long haul?

Trevor

thedodgeboys
04-15-2012, 02:08 AM
I'll be doing the long haul this year.

Is anyone doing the optima face off at the end of the tour?
I may if I can figur out a descent roll bar setup for the convertible.

indebt69
04-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Hotels are booked and hopefully all will be done to the car that I need done. I'm off work for a few weeks so figured why not Long Haul it. Starting in KY to MI down to TX and back home. Never done a power tour or any leg of it before. Really looking forward to it. No wipers or air though might not be as fun as I think.

daveybtv
04-22-2012, 04:23 AM
I'm in this will be my 5th one. Darren you will love it and you will meet some great people from all over the country the show is cool in it self but the parties @ the hotels after are the best. Bring some rain-ex you will need it we always hit some weather somewhere.

OptimaJim
04-26-2012, 09:14 AM
I will be running the long haul again this year in the OPTIMA Swag Wagon (http://media-cache3.pinterest.com/upload/252905335294506006_Udbt2OYh.jpg). If you are a member of OPTIMA's Power Pack Nation (http://www.powerpacknation.com), find me and I will hook you up with free swag!

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
www.pinterest.com/optimabatteries

rickpaw
04-28-2012, 07:50 AM
We'll be meeting up for the last few days of the PT, starting in Miami, OK. I'm hoping to have all the bugs worked out of my '61 wagon, too, so she's ready for the 1,300-mile cruise up to Miami and back. She's currently getting the Kicker sound system installed, and I still have to install the new radiator, get windows tinted, get door alignment corrected so they seal better, install cruise control, etc. It should be a blast! Definitely say hi if you see a red '61 wagon on Air Ride.

Are you doing a few legs of it or the long haul?

Trevor

My buddy and I are going this year for the first time. We're doing the last 2 legs, heading up to Miami OK from Houston, then heading back. Will look you up @ Miami Trevor.

I'm hoping to find pt.com members from Houston to caravan up, or back.

Tu

thedodgeboys
04-29-2012, 03:15 AM
I will be running the long haul again this year in the OPTIMA Swag Wagon (http://media-cache3.pinterest.com/upload/252905335294506006_Udbt2OYh.jpg). If you are a member of OPTIMA's Power Pack Nation (http://www.powerpacknation.com), find me and I will hook you up with free swag!

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
www.pinterest.com/optimabatteries

You should be easy to spot Jim.

Denvervet
05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I wanted to put a word out that a transport truck will be taking my car to Detroit for the power tour. If anyone is interested in this area or somewhere along the way this company is first rate. I'm really looking forward to doing the tour and will be driving back from Dallas. I'm not fired up about making a 2 day trek to get it started. The kind of gas mileage I'll get barely makes it worthwhile.:D
http://www.wdtc.net/enclosed.shtml

latamud
05-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Long Hauler this year.

66SuperSport
05-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Just doing the first two or three days.

Trevor @ Texas Speed
05-13-2012, 08:44 AM
My buddy and I are going this year for the first time. We're doing the last 2 legs, heading up to Miami OK from Houston, then heading back. Will look you up @ Miami Trevor.

I'm hoping to find pt.com members from Houston to caravan up, or back.

Tu

Sounds great! We will also be taking our synergy green 2011 Camaro with our heads/cam package and Whipple supercharger. They'll be parked together at the events, so we should be easy to find. The wagon may be in the Kicker booth in Stillwater, so it'll be very easy to find there! We got a lot done on the wagon this past week, and this next week we will update the Air Ride with RidePRO and leveling sensors. Wipers work fine, but I always recommend RainX! She is just about road worthy!

Indebt69 - It's not too late to order a Vintage Air kit! I installed their Gen IV kit on my '61 a few months ago, and it's worth every penny. Now that the windows are tinted, she doesn't have any problems keeping it cool! Early June in OK and TX will typically bring 100+ degree temps.

So Cal Camaro
05-13-2012, 09:43 PM
I'll be Long Hauling again this year....leaving So. Cal by the 26th to get to Detroit early for some of the pre tour festivities...will be doing the Optima Face Off at the end of the tour...

Reckn8
05-14-2012, 10:16 AM
We're long hauling from Mesa,AZ. Leaving early on the 30th & will be in Detroit on Friday. This will be our 6th P-Tour. Our first one was 2002. The 65 Olds is ready to go.

Denvervet
05-20-2012, 06:39 PM
If I can get my cooling issue fixed...think I have but will have to test it out tomorrow..I'm doing the long haul with my bro. I better get my Vintage air charged up and checked out. Going to be a blast esp in Stillwater where I went to school and that brother is now an engineering professor and head of their student race team there at OSU

indebt69
05-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Indebt69 - It's not too late to order a Vintage Air kit! I installed their Gen IV kit on my '61 a few months ago, and it's worth every penny. Now that the windows are tinted, she doesn't have any problems keeping it cool! Early June in OK and TX will typically bring 100+ degree temps.

It's about too late for me. The Kenne Bell is getting the last touches and tuned so I'm about out of money and time before the tour starts. Plus, my harness runs underneath the dash and with all my wire nest I have, I don't think there is room for one. It would be nice though....

Zanie
05-24-2012, 05:08 AM
Every year since 2007 I do 3 or 4 stops at the front or the back.
This year it's the front: Detroit to St Louis for me.

Phasstnova
05-27-2012, 12:57 PM
The last time I did the tour was in 2007
This is what I will be driving this year
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/08/Richgarage2-1.jpg
If you see me stop and say Hi.
will be leaving out on Friday night for the GM proving Grounds.
See ya there Drive Safe

ndians68
05-27-2012, 03:25 PM
SHould be hitting up champain on monday, but i don't think we will be traveling with you guys any, and if we do we will be in the truck, the Buick can't take the idling.

Trevor @ Texas Speed
05-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Look for the wagon starting in Miami, OK!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/05/photo2-2.jpg We'll also have our synergy green 2011 Camaro SS.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance

E.rodz
05-29-2012, 09:36 AM
My goal was to get the car back on the road by now so we could go again but, sad to say unless I win the lottery tonight and I can quit my job it is not going to happen.Sad but true.I am sending out my wishes for all of you that are going to have a safe trip with no breakdowns please make sure to take lots of picts. and post them up for us to see.Good luck to all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

therobski
05-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Paul robski here, sent you a PM, my buddy Lance is leaving out of Dallas tomorrow in his 71 442. See if you guys could meet. I left you my number. Are you going through Dallas?

Denvervet
05-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Reserved hotel rooms available. I am not able to do the long haul unfortunately due to mechanical issues. Hopefully I can get it ironed out to meet up midway. I have reservations for 2 nights in Warren MI for start and then rooms in IL and St. Louis. Let me know ASAP before I just cancel them.

shmoov69
05-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Should be going from St Louis to the end in the 58 Nomad with the family.
Honk if you see me on the side of the road!! LOL!

bret
05-30-2012, 09:45 AM
We'll be there from St. Louis on with the motorhome hauling the 33 Ford and driving the 48 Hour Camaro. We'll be racing in Texas at the Optima event as well.
Optima is using our motorhome as their base of operations for the Power Tour. This is where you'll register for the Face Off Autocross and Roadcourse events at the end of the Tour. Make sure you come by to see us!

Evldoer
05-31-2012, 01:39 AM
Long haulin it again this year, but not in the nova. Will be in this dusty buggy.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/05/militarytires004-1.jpg

rickpaw
05-31-2012, 10:10 AM
We'll be there from St. Louis on with the motorhome hauling the 33 Ford and driving the 48 Hour Camaro. We'll be racing in Texas at the Optima event as well.
Optima is using our motorhome as their base of operations for the Power Tour. This is where you'll register for the Face Off Autocross and Roadcourse events at the end of the Tour. Make sure you come by to see us!

Hi Brett,
How can I sign up for a ride along in the autocross?

We'll be on the tour from OK stops to the end.

somcamaross
06-04-2012, 01:13 PM
I'll be in Stillwater, OK all day Thursday in my Monte. Looking forward to checking out some awesome rides!!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2010/01/4181222856-1.jpg

therobski
06-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Guys I live here in the Dallas area and will be meeting some guys coming in from the "Long Haul" on Friday. Look for my white pearl 67 442. Hope to meet a bunch of you guys.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2011/07/DSCN2133-1.jpg

somcamaross
06-08-2012, 06:39 AM
Should be going from St Louis to the end in the 58 Nomad with the family.
Honk if you see me on the side of the road!! LOL!

saw your Nomad parked in one of the lots.. looked like it was PACKED!! Its awesome that you brought the whole family along! What a trip to remember!

shmoov69
06-09-2012, 07:45 AM
I was fun, the boys were good and they actually enjoy this stuff if they have Other stuff to do too, so I don't know how it could get better!

The car don't like to stay cool idling long periods tho, got to 240 a couple times and 230 quite a few times! NOT good to have a car like that on the PT!

I saw your car I think in OK, not sure where, but it looked good and made me take a second look for sure!!