PDA

View Full Version : 79 malibu

birdsandbowties
04-12-2012, 10:17 AM
okay, i know its not quite a pro touring car, its more set-up to drag race, but it could be converted pretty easily to a driver or pro-touring, here is a very good freinds car, i painted this one about 3 years ago and its been sitting in the climate controlled garage since under a cover,it had original paint and was mediablasted to bare then epoxy primed, it was almost a rust free car , had a few small spots bout the size of a quarter, easy fixes, the car has a full chromemoly cage with funny car cage,removable fiberglass dash, 2 kirkey seats all of it would certify with nhra, car was getting built to be a 5.70 outlaw street class car and was going to get a 540 in it , since our local dragstrip is now growing weeds through the cracks and closed he wants to sell this malibu, i am saving the best for last,,,,,, the car is silver on top and cobalt blue on bottom, the front has a rack and pinion with the middle of the frame is cut out and boxed to be able to pull the oil pan if needed at the track, its mini-tubbed in back and frame was cut out and boxed also, fiberglass cowl hood, if i remember right the doors are not cut except for the crash bar has been removed, windows will roll up and down, bumpers are fiberglass and painted to match the car, it also has a bolt in 9 inch and tubular control arms in front, there is no center section for the 9inch , its also a bolt in and fits the car, will not need to be cut, there are more extras to go with it , but we were just at lunch and he told me to please try and get it out of his garage for him, there are more parts to go with it that i cant remember, he also has a one owner clear florida title, pretty hard to find on a race car for sure !!, right now its at the assembly point and all welding and painting is done,,,,,,,,,,, now for the best part ,,,,,,,,,, he will take 4000.00 !! i almost fell out of the chair, he paid me more than that just for paint and has anyone priced chromemoly tubing lately,, not cheap ! these pics are some i took when i painted it , if you are interested he only lives a few miles from me and we can roll it out and get more, but this is how it still looks, we both have 1 ton trucks with enclosed trailers so delivery is an option, review the pics and if you are interested please try to call me after 7 pm central as i am in the shop working all day or pm me , Jim 850-564-0072 car is in milton, florida

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/04/malibu13-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/04/tylermalibu6-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/04/malibu10-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2012/04/auctionpics049-1.jpg

vegnasty
04-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Very nice car. If only it were closer. GLWS

birdsandbowties
04-12-2012, 12:26 PM
thanks, it was a fun car to paint , i sanded and buffed it to a high gloss, its base clear paint and you can read your t-shirt at 25 feet away in the paint, i will post up some more pics later tonight, we are also willing to meet halfway or something

subtlez28
04-13-2012, 07:33 AM
WOW! That car has LSX/T56 road racer written all over it!!

To bad you are so far away. And... I already have an unfinished LS1/T56 road race project...

GLWS This is a steal!

130fe
04-13-2012, 10:13 AM
If I was still in Crestview, it would be my next project........ I heard about Holt, stinks. Hope to be back in the area next summer. GLWS!

birdsandbowties
04-13-2012, 12:30 PM
i am pretty bummed about holt also, used to have lots and lots of fun out there racing, the blazer in my avatar is the next one to go on the chopping block to be built, but the track closed and its just sitting :( :( this car is light !!! and will scream with a stout motor in it !
If I was still in Crestview, it would be my next project........ I heard about Holt, stinks. Hope to be back in the area next summer. GLWS!

Auto Rod Technologies
04-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Hey it's my first car.. l