PDA

View Full Version : Goodguys 12th Del Mar Nationals in Del Mar, CA

GoodguysMktg
03-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Hey All-

Here are all the details for the Goodguys 12th Del Mar Nationals in Del Mar, CA taking place March 30 - April 1 at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Hope to see everyone at the show.

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS (http://www.good-guys.com/events/2012-events/item/del-mar-nationals-2?category_id=2)

Bryce
03-23-2012, 11:02 AM
I am in thrash mode now! Trying to get the steering back together to make the GG del mar.

Is there only one entrance for participants? I thought there was a back entrance when the autocross was out back? Is the autocross going to be a similar layout as last november?

Larry Callahan
03-23-2012, 11:07 AM
If my knee holds out I will be there on Saturday.

mpozzi
03-24-2012, 06:29 AM
The Autocross was moved closer to the vendor area and was a huge hit. People were lined up five-deep watching which was very cool. Hard to get from your pit spot to the staging area if you were in the back-40 though ...

Go through the main entrance and you'll find it. Hope Good Guys has the Autocross in the same area this year. Same small "peanut" but they have little space to work with there and this is much better than vegging in a lawnchair or detailing paint and chrome for the umpteenth time ...

Mary Pozzi

SLO_Z28
03-24-2012, 07:40 AM
Ill probably go if my car holds up after the No Limit / TCI thing on thursday.

chevelletiger
03-25-2012, 09:04 AM
The Autocross was moved closer to the vendor area and was a huge hit. People were lined up five-deep watching which was very cool. Hard to get from your pit spot to the staging area if you were in the back-40 though ...

Go through the main entrance and you'll find it. Hope Good Guys has the Autocross in the same area this year. Same small "peanut" but they have little space to work with there and this is much better than vegging in a lawnchair or detailing paint and chrome for the umpteenth time ...

Mary Pozzicould i get a ride along sat. Mary,i didnt have a chance to ask you in nov. G.g. Show.thank you.phil

mpozzi
03-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Of course! Just find me around the Autocross area and we will get you a ride.

Mary Pozzi

chevelletiger
03-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Thank you mary.phil

Bryce
03-26-2012, 05:53 PM
what are people doing with tools and gas?

Rod
03-26-2012, 07:32 PM
whats the closest hotel to the fair grounds?? trying to book one tonight

SLO_Z28
03-26-2012, 07:57 PM
So, somehow I didn't realize this was a "nationals" event. As someone else put it "were on the Jim Crow list for this one" lol.

GoodguysMktg
03-27-2012, 02:34 PM
whats the closest hotel to the fair grounds?? trying to book one tonight

Rod

Check out our 12th Meguiar's Del Mar Nationals event page and look to the right to see our preferred hotel list.

http://www.good-guys.com/events/2012-events/item/del-mar-nationals-2?category_id=2

Bryce
03-28-2012, 07:52 PM
TTT

What are people doing with their tools and gas?

hotrod69camaro
03-29-2012, 05:43 AM
Everybody just puts their tools in their pit spot. I wouldnt worry about gas. There is gas station less than a mile from the fairgrounds.

Gandalf
03-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Hope Good Guys has the Autocross in the same area this year.
Mary Pozzi

FYI - according to the official I spoke to at registration today - the auto-x has been moved back to the original location out back, claiming they needed the extra room for show. Bummer. Oh well - back to the peanut!

G.

Bryce
03-29-2012, 07:45 PM
FYI - according to the official I spoke to at registration today - the auto-x has been moved back to the original location out back, claiming they needed the extra room for show.

G.

I was told the same thing, also the figure 8 is back.

PCHRODS
03-29-2012, 10:39 PM
I was told the same thing, also the figure 8 is back.

I heard the same thing today. We get stuck in the corner again. This is where all the bad kids get to play. On the mighty Good Guys "PEANUT". Regardless it's going to be a blast as usual. See you all in the morning......

Larry Callahan
03-30-2012, 06:27 AM
I will be there on Saturday trying to record stuff for our podcast. Look for the guy wearing the white PT sweatshirt and a microphone. Stop by and talk to me.

Ron.in.SoCal
03-30-2012, 07:30 AM
I will be there on Saturday trying to record stuff for our podcast. Look for the big guy wearing the white PT sweatshirt and a microphone. Stop by and talk to me.

Fixed it for you Larry. See you on Sat...:)

GrabberGT
03-30-2012, 07:41 AM
So, somehow I didn't realize this was a "nationals" event. As someone else put it "were on the Jim Crow list for this one" lol.

Just curious... What is the "Nationals" designation for. 3 days instead of 2? Anything else?

ohm
03-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know if the 48 hour car or any 1st gen Camaro with a Ridetech TigerCage will be at event tomorrow or sunday? I'm thinking about purchasing one and want to see it in person first.
Thanks!!

chevelletiger
03-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know if the 48 hour car or any 1st gen Camaro with a Ridetech TigerCage will be at event tomorrow or sunday? I'm thinking about purchasing one and want to see it in person first.
Thanks!!

Yes bret will bring there new 68 camaro,get a ride along I will sat.

joe440
03-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Ill be there tomorrow just spectating since my car is 3000 miles east. Love watching the cars getting used at their full potential.

SShep71
03-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Ill be there tom for a little

chevelletiger
03-30-2012, 10:13 PM
I hope it doesnt rain tomorrow,the weather fools are yapping about chance of rain:-(

SLO_Z28
03-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Just curious... What is the "Nationals" designation for. 3 days instead of 2? Anything else?

"Nationals" are for 72 and older, "All American Get Together" are for any year American or American powered.

GoodguysMktg
04-02-2012, 01:00 PM
A Goodguys "Nationals" event takes place over the course of 3 days and is open only to vehicles 1972 and older. The only exception to this is when a "Nationals" event offers a "Super Sunday Get-Together" where all years of American made and powered vehicles are welcome on the Sunday only of that event.

A "Get-Together" event takes place over the course of 2 days and is open both days to all years of American made and powered vehicles.

Hope this answers your question.

Johnnyb59
04-02-2012, 01:55 PM
This was my first time at an Autocross event....I need a lot more tire under me to get decent times at the autocross. Had a blast..

http://youtu.be/c5tMZg9OrOo

Johnnyb59
04-02-2012, 02:08 PM
what are people doing with tools and gas?

Just plonk in down behind your car..nobody will touch anything and more everyone is more than helpful if you need to borrow a tool..I learned that first hand.

Bryce
04-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Just plonk in down behind your car..nobody will touch anything and more everyone is more than helpful if you need to borrow a tool..I learned that first hand.

yep, thats what I did. It was kinda hard packing the falcon with tools.

Rod
04-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Johnny, you were looking good out there! and Bryce your bird sounded great! hope to see you guys at more events

mpozzi
04-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks!!

Both the RideTech Camaro and my second-gen sport the all incredible and entirely bolt-in Tiger Cage. Hope you got a chance to take a look at them ...

Mary Pozzi

Bryce
04-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Johnny, you were looking good out there! and Bryce your bird sounded great! hope to see you guys at more events

Thanks Rodney, bouncing off the 6400rpm rev limiter was fun! Not bad for a 289.

BlackPearl
04-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Johnny that was fun! Did you give your son back those tires?

Bob

ohm
04-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Mary
I was unable to make it out this weekend. Do you know anyone in the Los Angeles(or surrounding) area with a 1st gen Tiger Cage installed?
Thanks,
Richard

Both the RideTech Camaro and my second-gen sport the all incredible and entirely bolt-in Tiger Cage. Hope you got a chance to take a look at them ...

Mary Pozzi

Johnnyb59
04-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Johnny that was fun! Did you give your son back those tires?

Bob

Bob, I did give them back and now I'm on the hunt for the best tire I can stick under the Chevelle, the Dunlop SP9000 are way to hard, I played with tire pressure every run and never felt good with them. The group from Detroit Speed were a big help with my suspension, I have QA1 Coil-overs in front and QA1 adjustable in back(I know..POS), what was discovered that the right rear shock was bottoming out and I was like a pogo stick in right turns. So I will be waiting for the UPS delivery truck with my Detroit Speed coil-over kit. Any suggestions on tires? Also I hope next year Mary will give me a ride-along, she was in the zone this year and it was a no go for passengers.

mpozzi
04-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Mary
I was unable to make it out this weekend. Do you know anyone in the Los Angeles(or surrounding) area with a 1st gen Tiger Cage installed?
Thanks,
Richard

Not sure, Richard. That's a Bret question and either he or Darren from RideTech should be able to answer it. I can send you pictures of the Tiger Cage installed in my car and it's pretty much the same for a first-gen. In fact, I think there's a thread on Pro-Touring on it ...

Let me know and I can also answer any questions.

Mary Pozzi

mpozzi
04-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Bob, I did give them back and now I'm on the hunt for the best tire I can stick under the Chevelle, the Dunlop SP9000 are way to hard, I played with tire pressure every run and never felt good with them. The group from Detroit Speed were a big help with my suspension, I have QA1 Coil-overs in front and QA1 adjustable in back(I know..POS), what was discovered that the right rear shock was bottoming out and I was like a pogo stick in right turns. So I will be waiting for the UPS delivery truck with my Detroit Speed coil-over kit. Any suggestions on tires? Also I hope next year Mary will give me a ride-along, she was in the zone this year and it was a no go for passengers.

Sorry about the passengers and yes, the "zone" was a personal red mist. As for your tire question, there are a few good ones out there that won't break the bank and offer good traction and life. I use the Falken Azenis RT615 but Nitto, Michelin, and BF Goodrich have excellent tires and drivers do very well running them. Check the times as we are all pretty closely matched.

Mary Pozzi

BlackPearl
04-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Johnny,

Like Mary said, several good tires out there. I just installed the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and they made a "major" improvement for my car, 300 Tread wear but don't let that fool you they are sweet!

Bob

PCHRODS
04-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Johnny,

Like Mary said, several good tires out there. I just installed the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and they made a "major" improvement for my car, 300 Tread wear but don't let that fool you they are sweet!

Bob

we are running the Nitto NT05's on our 69 C10, which weighs in at a mere 3800 lbs, and it does quite well on these. I have been really happy with them, we've been running them for about a year now. I think I'm on my 4th set now, but we do alot of events and the 640 HP doesn't allow these to last real long on the back... ha ha!! And yes the Michelin Pilot SS made a huge difference on bob's car, he has quickly been stepping up his game on the course. He may soon be a force to be reckoned with in his 700 HP LSA monster!! Great driving this weekend Bob!!

BlackPearl
04-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Rob,

Thanks pal, I am trying and hope I can live up to my cars potential.

Bob

PCHRODS
04-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Rob,

Thanks pal, I am trying and hope I can live up to my cars potential.

Bob

Bob,

You're doing just fine......that car of your's is a monster and would be a handful for most people. That is a powertrain you have to respect, cause if you don't she'll reach back and smack you up side the head.......

You are really improving at a steady pace bob. Just remember smooth is fast. It may feel like you are going so slow, but those are usually the runs that end up being your fastest. I don't know how that works but it does..... Just keep up the good work and soon it will be paying off big for you. You have a great car that is built with all the best stuff, and you and the car together are getting faster and faster..