PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Camaro PT (murdered)

Nick Ostas
03-21-2012, 04:46 AM
1969 Camaro PT (WHAT IS IT WORTH)
The car started out as a complete rotissary restoration. All sheetmetal was replaced in a body JIG and specs were kept within 1/8 of an inch. Complete frame rails, 1 piece floor, trunk floor, firewall, cowl, dash, inner and outer rockers, wheel tubs (DSE) inner mini tub kit installed, roof skin, rear tail panel, trunk lid, doors, fr fenders, cowl hood, and complete fr end, all sheetmetal was EPD coated and shell of car was POR-15 coated prior to assembly. Underside was coated with chassis black por-15. Two layers of dyna-matt installed. All spot welds were 1 inch apart from each other . The car has a stock interior with 2008 Jaguair front seats that have power recliners. All interior parts are new and complete. Trunk is finished in stock spatter paint. Complete American Autowire harness. New ss barke lines and steel braided fuel line #8 from fuel tank notched for offset shackels (DSE). Moroso frame connectors, DSE solid body mounts, poly engine and trans mount. Power brakes with CPP big brake kit. CPP front upper and lower control arms with QA1 coilovers, rear is DSE 3 inch dropped leaf springs with koni adjustable rear shocks. Moser 12 bolt rear end with 35 spline alxes, c-clip eliminator with eaton posi 3.73 gears. Competition eng slide-a-link traction bars. TKO –600 trans with lakewood bellhousing, centerforce dual friction clutch. The motor started off as a 1970 , 396 gen 4, with a gm forged 427 crank 30 over , all forged internals, I beam rods, J and E pistons full floter set up. Complete ARP kit .Heads are Pro comp alloy with head studs and crank studs. The motor is a complete roller setup, well over 10000.00 in set up, approx 600 hp and 600 tq at flywheel, pump gas. Alloy radiator with dual fans, never runs over 190 on hot days. Complete fr subframe has been rewelded and boxed 100%, painted with por-15. car has been wraped with 3M matte black finish. All gaps perfect, body was blocked sanded perfectly straight. car has approx 6000 miles on it and can be driven anywhere. The front air splitter is installed but will come with stock air dam, it is mounted to stock body bolt location holes. It has a new set of BFG drag radials on rear 315/35/17.
I am sure I am missing things and will discuss any questions you may have, total cost to build car was over 60000.00. Thinking about selling it ..

Nick Ostas
03-21-2012, 07:02 AM
come on guys, whats it worth,,??????

gsxrken
03-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Wow, nice build. It reads like a who’s-who in the PT aftermarket with all the right names for the respective parts. The fifty cents on the dollar rule will still probably apply here, though, especially with the matte wrap. IMHO, that is going to narrow your market, which was small to start with for a Camaro modified to this degree. Why sell it and take the beating?

Blown73
03-21-2012, 09:35 AM
$25k is my humble opinion, agreeing with Ken, plus the mileage factor added onto it.

parsonsj
03-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Stock sub-frame, leaf spring, SBC, non-numbers matching 69 Camaro, with a weird paint job. Seems like a high quality car. $25-30k, I'd guess.

Nick Ostas
03-21-2012, 09:49 AM
i understand, the eng is a big block for everybodys information. The wrap can be removed and paint to your choice. I am looking to replace it with something else, not sure what. I will ask 32000.00 obo and see what happens.

Rod
03-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Stock sub-frame, leaf spring, SBC, non-numbers matching 69 Camaro, with a weird paint job. Seems like a high quality car. $25-30k, I'd guess.

agreeded with John, even with the BBC, I see a few with same mods and good paint for $25-30K, whats the interior like? and even more limting is from the pictures theres no heater/defroster that reduces the daily driving aspect

parsonsj
03-21-2012, 12:12 PM
yep, missed the BBC. That will help.

$32k seems like a decent spot to start.

Nick Ostas
03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
thanks for all the help, for 1100.00 it can have ac, heat and defrost.
considering a shelby gt500, i really love my car and will miss it. I can always build another...